Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'm going to be a bit of a pariah on here for saying it but I thought Yakuza 0 was genuinely crap. Couldn't believe it was the same game people on here had raved about. Each to their own but I wouldn't see on what level something like that could be in the conversation for GOTY.

Agreed. I got excited by the hype and played for a couple of hours and that was enough. It feels like a 90's arcade game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'll definitely be avoiding that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'll definitely be avoiding that.

*Doubt*

• Registered Users Posts: 33,818 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    *Doubt*

YOU WON'T BE AVOIDING IT! YOU'LL BUY FOUR COPIES AND KILL THE GUY IN GAMESTOP ON YOUR WAY OUT, WON'T YOU?!

No...

*Ahem* Sorry, I was mistaken...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Star Wars Battlefront season pass is free atm for anyone who wants it...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Quick question. If someone has an Irish P4, brings it to America and buys a US game whether it's physical or digital, does any DLC need to be bought on a US account or will the Irish account work fine? Also does match making take into account the region of your user account or basically the location of your network point relevant to the Games servers? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Quick question. If someone has an Irish P4, brings it to America and buys a US game whether it's physical or digital, does any DLC need to be bought on a US account or will the Irish account work fine? Also does match making take into account the region of your user account or basically the location of your network point relevant to the Games servers? Thanks.

DLC is region locked for digital purchases - if you buy a game from the US digital store then the DLC must come from that store too. Found that out the hard way with Battlefield. Probably still be using Irish PSN account though and tied to Irish storefront?

Physical I think is region free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

maximoose wrote: »
    Physical I think is region free.
    It's not. I got a US copy of Persona 5and the EU DLC wouldn't work.

Thanks lads, another question...

When ordering from the game collection, do any of ye use parcel motel? Thinking of doing it for a game out Friday in the hopes out will arrive Friday evening or Saturday morning but not really sure how PM works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Zero-Cool wrote:
    When ordering from the game collection, do any of ye use parcel motel? Thinking of doing it for a game out Friday in the hopes out will arrive Friday evening or Saturday morning but not really sure how PM works.

Yeah usually get it next day

sweetie wrote: »
    Yeah usually get it next day

Cool, will give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Thanks lads, another question...

I've ordered PES2018 which is out tomorrow and it landed at the parcel motel dublin depot thus afternoon so I should get it late tonight or tomorrow at the latest, day of release.

I've ordered PES2018 which is out tomorrow and it landed at the parcel motel dublin depot thus afternoon so I should get it late tonight or tomorrow at the latest, day of release.

And it's ready for collection now so pretty much the minute of release the way it's worked out! Haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Noob question incoming.....

if I buy a game from the game collection what region is it? and will it work on my PS4? also as has been said before if I want to get DLC for said game I have to buy it from the same place or the same regions store?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

SeanHarty wrote:
    Noob question incoming.....

SeanHarty wrote:
    if I buy a game from the game collection what region is it? and will it work on my PS4? also as has been said before if I want to get DLC for said game I have to buy it from the same place or the same regions store?

Physical games aren't region locked

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

SeanHarty wrote: »
    if I buy a game from the game collection what region is it? and will it work on my PS4?
    Any game from anywhere will work on your PS4. Game Collection sell European games
    SeanHarty wrote: »
    also as has been said before if I want to get DLC for said game I have to buy it from the same place or the same regions store?
    Yes but Europe is all one region.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Network down?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Roar wrote: »
    Network down?

In a fifa match working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Roar wrote: »
    Network down?

There's an update out, you might need to install that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Anyone else been playing the jak and Dexter port on the ps4 pro ?.

As last night during the 1st boss battle the game had huge slow down issues !!!!. Where the FPS where going into single numbers!!!!.

I know the game is running on a emalaouter but if the vita can run this with not to much problems there should be no issue on a ps4 !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Anyone else having hassle with the Playstation App on Android? I don't know what browser it uses for the store but it keeps freezing on me and I have to constantly refresh the pages on it. I went to buy Battlefront last week and it kept asking me to verify my PayPal account which would open in chrome but then it would freeze when going back to the PS App and I had to give up and buy it on the PS4 in the end. I thought it might just be my phone but I seem to be having the same issues on my tablet as well in terms of pages freezing (I hadn't tried buying anything on the tablet so I don't know if it's having the same issues with verifying my PayPal account).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Turned on the PS4 a couple nights ago for the first time in a while to see I have a message from a bot. Anyone else here get them? Maybe I missed discussion already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Turned on the PS4 a couple nights ago for the first time in a while to see I have a message from a bot. Anyone else here get them? Maybe I missed discussion already

I think I got a friend request from a bot. I was on my PS3 at the time, I googled the user name and part of it seemed to be some cam site so I just deleted and blocked the user.

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    I think I got a friend request from a bot. I was on my PS3 at the time, I googled the user name and part of it seemed to be some cam site so I just deleted and blocked the user.

Yeah I got two last week that just said "hi :) x" Had to turn off messages from non-friends.

Yupp getting a lot of messages from bots recently, just deleting them and moving on. One of the lads on here posted pics of a discussion had with her/him/it, was hilarious. Turns out she is a girl gamer who setup a webcam show to pay for college, the poor thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Yupp getting a lot of messages from bots recently, just deleting them and moving on. One of the lads on here posted pics of a discussion had with her/him/it, was hilarious. Turns out she is a girl gamer who setup a webcam show to pay for college, the poor thing.

Bless her soul. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I'm getting a load of messages from bots too recently. Annoying

sugarman wrote: »
    Anyone having any trouble with 2 step logins?

Not receiving any texts! and its not my phone:(

What network are you? I know virgin media customers are having fierce trouble with automated texts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

SOTC trailer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement