Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got a new firmware update for the beta, downloaded it and it's frozen on preparing to install 0% cancel button won't work, anyone else have problems with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Got a new firmware update for the beta, downloaded it and it's frozen on preparing to install 0% cancel button won't work, anyone else have problems with it?

I got an update about two weeks ago to take the beta away, did you not get that one? 4.72 I think it was.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I got an update about two weeks ago to take the beta away, did you not get that one? 4.72 I think it was.

I'm still on version 5.00 beta 6, have gotten a few updates to it. Just read on neogaf, it has frozen someone elses box as well. I had to pull the plug which I hate doing. Trying it again now. I'm a sucker for the slight chance the best update will allow me to change my psn :o

I'm still on version 5.00 beta 6, have gotten a few updates to it. Just read on neogaf, it has frozen someone elses box as well. I had to pull the plug which I hate doing. Trying it again now. I'm a sucker for the slight chance the best update will allow me to change my psn :o

Dunno so bud, I haven't been online in a few days but I remember getting an update think it was 4.72 that took the beta away from me.

I had a choice of 4.74 or beta 6 for 5.00. Worked the 2nd time anyway, feck sake just release 5 fully already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Had the last version of the beta, and was able to keep it when 4.73 came out but recently I was told to update this was a day or so before version 5.00 v6 so changed to 4.74.

Given the choice to install 5.00 v6 now still but not going to.

Oh, there's probably a new version of the beta waiting for me so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

I had the beta as well and 4.74 auto installed over it and removed it. THere was a post from Sony about a week ago saying that downgrading causes issues, i had some stuff reset when it downgraded.

I will have to re-register for the beta now i suppose.

nedd wrote: »
    I had the beta as well and 4.74 auto installed over it and removed it. THere was a post from Sony about a week ago saying that downgrading causes issues, i had some stuff reset when it downgraded.

I will have to re-register for the beta now i suppose.

I just got the pop up for the new beta after downgrading.

Didn't have a choice a I needed it to update a game

I'm a sucker for the slight chance the best update will allow me to change my psn :o

Yeah same here. Tbh, it's the only reason I do the betas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

Varik wrote: »
    I just got the pop up for the new beta after downgrading.

Didn't have a choice a I needed it to update a game

Got home yesterday evening and the same happened, back up to beta 6 now.

To be fair I have had no issues with the Beta at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Jacovs

New to ps4 here, and opened the can of worms that is lego dimensions with my 5 year old.
    Anywhere in particular that has best prices on these? Have the starter set already. Seems amazon is best?

Jacovs wrote: »
    New to ps4 here, and opened the can of worms that is lego dimensions with my 5 year old.
    Anywhere in particular that has best prices on these? Have the starter set already. Seems amazon is best?

Cex might be worth a shot.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Cex might be worth a shot.

They have a small selection in stock and even then some are more expensive than brand new on amazon.
    Its mad how many there are. The whole selection would put you back over €1000, if you had a spare €1000 laying about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Try adverts and eBay aswell

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Try adverts and eBay aswell

Got the starter set off adverts because the lego online store sold out and then removed the ps4 starter set just when i wanted to buy, at only €25 too, so wouldve been a steal.

Not thought to look on ebay yet, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Are any of the F2P games on PSN worth a look? Got nothing to play for a week until Fifa and looking for something to pass the time.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Are any of the F2P games on PSN worth a look? Got nothing to play for a week until Fifa and looking for something to pass the time.

I played DC universe online, and still occasionally play War Thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Warframe is worth a look.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ruiner looks decent.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Those of you that upgraded to the Pro how have you found the upgrade
    Has it been worth it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Tried Warframe. For a free game, the gameplay is pretty good. Satisfying movement and shooting.

The rest of it though; maps, inventory, upgrades, currencies. I haven't a clue what's going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

J. Marston wrote: »
    Tried Warframe. For a free game, the gameplay is pretty good. Satisfying movement and shooting.

The rest of it though; maps, inventory, upgrades, currencies. I haven't a clue what's going on.

its a great game, massive learning curve though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

I see Gamestop Italy are doing the PS4 pro and FIFA 18 for €399. I wonder we will get a offer like that.

https://m.facebook.com/commerce/products/1645597528819164/?rid=112324253131&rt=6&hsi=1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

irishman86 wrote: »
    Those of you that upgraded to the Pro how have you found the upgrade
    Has it been worth it ?

Personally for some games yes. Some of the older games actually look really good on it.
    Battlefield 1 and Borderlands 2 I felt were significantly better. If you can afford it go for it but if not the PS4 is fine. I did upgrade my tv for it too though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Just traded in an original PS4 for a slim in GameStop, the guy behind the counter said that any external hard drive could be used to store games on. Is this true?
    Was thinking of upgrading the 500gb drive in the slim but won't have to if I can just stick an external hd onto it.
    Which one is recommended for the ps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Does the slim have USB on back?

wilser wrote: »
    Just traded in an original PS4 for a slim in GameStop, the guy behind the counter said that any external hard drive could be used to store games on. Is this true?
    Was thinking of upgrading the 500gb drive in the slim but won't have to if I can just stick an external hd onto it.
    Which one is recommended for the ps?

Yupp

https://www.playstation.com/en-in/get-help/help-library/system---hardware/storage---data/ps4--external-hdd-support/

How do I turn down the Spotify app again? I know I can do it using my phone but there used to be a way using the quick menu I just can't see it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Could anyone recommend a good set of home plugs for using pretty much exclusively on the PS4 (trading up for a Pro at some point too if that changes anything)? Just after getting 240mbps broadband in and might as well take full advantage of the speed increase.

I don't mind paying for a good set but not one that's dear for the sake of it, and if the cheaper options are only marginally poorer at half the cost, I'll probably go for those tbh. Thanks. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement