Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

is it worth trading in my orginal special edition ps4 batman arkam city for the new ps4.is there good deals about as i cant see any trading in console deals on gamestop

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

is it worth trading in my orginal special edition ps4 batman arkam city for the new ps4.is there good deals about as i cant see any trading in console deals on gamestop

First page on Gamestop site:

d8c78a63-5765-4cf6-a34b-7e48d93d9e22.jpg

whiterebel wrote: »
    First page on Gamestop site:

d8c78a63-5765-4cf6-a34b-7e48d93d9e22.jpg

is it worth it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Trade FIFA in for €50 and you have a brand new slim for €50. Only you can say if its worth it to you.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Trade FIFA in for €50 and you have a brand new slim for €50. Only you can say if its worth it to you.

i might do this but there is nothing wrong with my ps4 yet.lol should i go for it.is there any differance in upgrading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

martyos121 wrote: »
    Could anyone recommend a good set of home plugs for using pretty much exclusively on the PS4 (trading up for a Pro at some point too if that changes anything)? Just after getting 240mbps broadband in and might as well take full advantage of the speed increase.

I don't mind paying for a good set but not one that's dear for the sake of it, and if the cheaper options are only marginally poorer at half the cost, I'll probably go for those tbh. Thanks. :)

Devolo Home Plugs. I use them and they are brilliant. If you've got a PC there's an app you can download to manage the plugs security, change codes, update the firmware, reset the plugs if they do drop. Very handy to use. I would recommend getting the ones with 2 ethernet ports on them. I have a PC and PS4 next to each other and both are wired through the one plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Devolo Home Plugs. I use them and they are brilliant. If you've got a PC there's an app you can download to manage the plugs security, change codes, update the firmware, reset the plugs if they do drop. Very handy to use. I would recommend getting the ones with 2 ethernet ports on them. I have a PC and PS4 next to each other and both are wired through the one plug.

Are these the ones?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Powerline-Homeplug-Internet-Ethernet-Technology/dp/B00C5IA4XI/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1506697430&sr=1-1&keywords=Devolo&th=1

There's a few other models but those are the cheapest I think and have reviewed very well. Was checking out a few sets of TP Link ones but I just don't know what specs to look for, the reviews on that brand are also outstanding tbf. I'm only really getting them for the PS4, tablet is far handier for most things I do and I only use the laptop for work which wouldn't be helped by faster speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Are these the ones?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Powerline-Homeplug-Internet-Ethernet-Technology/dp/B00C5IA4XI/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1506697430&sr=1-1&keywords=Devolo&th=1

There's a few other models but those are the cheapest I think and have reviewed very well. Was checking out a few sets of TP Link ones but I just don't know what specs to look for, the reviews on that brand are also outstanding tbf. I'm only really getting them for the PS4, tablet is far handier for most things I do and I only use the laptop for work which wouldn't be helped by faster speeds.

Yeah, that's them. I'd still go for the 2 port ones anyway, you never know what your future needs would be. I've used them for years now and can't fault them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

The 500gb slim with fifa 18 is €250 in pissy world. I seen it in there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Pissy world. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I still have my copy of Max Payne 2 on PS2, couldn't part with it when selling my PS2, will definitely be getting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If Midnight Club 3 comes out on PS4, there's not a thing on this planet that will drag me out of my armchair for a solid six months after release.

If Midnight Club 3 comes out on PS4, there's not a thing on this planet that will drag me out of my armchair for a solid six months after release.

I wanna get it but the thought of using X as the accelerate button is throwing me off

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I wanna get it but the thought of using X as the accelerate button is throwing me off

Im not into it.. but map it to the shoulder buttons ffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Does anyone know if I buy The Last of Us from the US store (it's on sale for 8 euro), will it work with my Irish Save file? I'd love to get it again and finish the multiplayer, get my platinum but I'd want to know that info first.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Im not into it.. but map it to the shoulder buttons ffs?

I'd have to unmap it every time I want to play something else then which would be a trek

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'd have to unmap it every time I want to play something else then which would be a trek

Why would you? Can you not just change the control scheme in the In Game settings?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I buy The Last of Us from the US store (it's on sale for 8 euro), will it work with my Irish Save file? I'd love to get it again and finish the multiplayer, get my platinum but I'd want to know that info first.

No, new set of trophies.
    Starting from scratch.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Why would you? Can you not just change the control scheme in the In Game settings?

Not with the PS2 games. Unless it had it back when it first came out which I can't remember, but from the ones I have you can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Not with the PS2 games. Unless it had it back when it first came out which I can't remember, but from the ones I have you can't.

I thought you could switch your control scheme in most games.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I thought you could switch your control scheme in most games.

Most newer games, yeah. The PS2 games I have which are Rockstar games too, you can't.

My brother picked up the Pro and Destiny bundle today, he’s no interest in Destiny. He’s already traded the game in but if anyone here hasn’t got the Expansion Pass yet and would like it he’ll sell it for €25. PM If your interested.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looking forward too dragons dogma on tuesday! already have it pre loaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Looking forward too dragons dogma on tuesday! already have it pre loaded.

Looking forward to playing it again, got a physical copy on the way for 15 quid.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    Looking forward to playing it again, got a physical copy on the way for 15 quid.

Let me know the name of your pawn xenji, I'll recruit him :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Many people here playing Fortnite? Have been playing on and off for last 2 days. Can be pretty fun but also very frustrating when you land and a minute later you are dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Many people here playing Fortnite? Have been playing on and off for last 2 days. Can be pretty fun but also very frustrating when you land and a minute later you are dead.

Tried it the other night, couldn't figure out what was going on. Everyone runs around for 30 seconds then into an aircraft, dropped and killed as soon as you land.
    Looks alright if I can figure out how to get armed up and stay alive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

wilser wrote: »
    Tried it the other night, couldn't figure out what was going on. Everyone runs around for 30 seconds then into an aircraft, dropped and killed as soon as you land.
    Looks alright if I can figure out how to get armed up and stay alive

Most people seem to jump from the Battle Bus immediately or definitely before the map mid point, stay a little longer and try to drop in somewhere less busy, check inside houses for wepaons and gear. Shotguns are very powerful, as are snipers but a scoped AR would be my preference especially when you get down to only a few left and things get sweaty.

Weapons are graded by colour, from best to worst: Gold, Purple, Blue, Green & Grey

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »
    Most people seem to jump from the Battle Bus immediately or definitely before the map mid point, stay a little longer and try to drop in somewhere less busy, check inside houses for wepaons and gear. Shotguns are very powerful, as are snipers but a scoped AR would be my preference especially when you get down to only a few left and things get sweaty.

Weapons are graded by colour, from worse to best: Grey, Green, Blue, Purple & Gold

Fortnite, is it actually free now? Last time i tried it I got the you must have a pass error.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement