Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Fortnite, is it actually free now? Last time i tried it I got the you must have a pass error.

Battle Royale PvP is free, PvE is still early access or something or other that people paid for.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »
    Battle Royale PvP is free, PvE is still early access or something or other that people paid for.

Happy days, I will download it later so and give it a bash :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Happy days, I will download it later so and give it a bash :D

I read online that they are patching the squad gamemode to add more loot as there is not enough to go around for a team of 4.

Single player is good fun, the best weapon I've looted has been blue but after killing a few guys later in the game I have collected scoped AR in purple, stay in cover and those things are tasty. Shotguns can generally beat AR at even medium range if you're not in cover. I have read snipers are very strong, 1 hit kill to any part of the body but I haven't managed to find one before the circle was way down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

wilser wrote: »
    Tried it the other night, couldn't figure out what was going on. Everyone runs around for 30 seconds then into an aircraft, dropped and killed as soon as you land.
    Looks alright if I can figure out how to get armed up and stay alive

Stealth is the way to go, bushes are your friend ;-)

Sometimes the best thing to do is move from cover to cover and don’t engage with everyone you see or stay hidden if other squads are engaging with each other. Leave the others to kill each other off and keep moving stealthily and you will start to last a lot longer!

When dropping into the map, mark a location that isn’t in the direct line of the route the bus is taking and you should drop in somewhere quieter. You should be able to pick up good enough weapons in outhouses off the beaten track to keep you going.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have played it a fair bit the last few days.
    Finished 2nd once with zero kills - :pac:

Got a "chicken dinner" the other night with 2 kills.

Weaponry can be a famine or a feast - killed a lad who had 2 purple weapons.
    Scoped/silenced ARs are a beast.

As has been said, stay in the bus until nearly on the other side of the map - will find decent loot when you're the only person searching the area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Have gotten added to groups three times over the last few days on PSN by what I presume are dodgy accounts. Happening to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Have gotten added to groups three times over the last few days on PSN by what I presume are dodgy accounts. Happening to anyone else?

Yupp just block user and leave group. "Hi, hey, hey sweetie" **** off

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Yupp just block user and leave group. "Hi, hey, hey sweetie" **** off

That's feckin lovely. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

sweetie wrote: »
    That's feckin lovely. :(

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Tempted by that Gamestop trade offer(old ps4 and €99 for a slim.ps4 and Fifa). My PS4 is day 1, and it's gotten a hell of a lot of use so surely it'll go at some stage. It's already making the odd grinding noise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Grayditch wrote: »
    Tempted by that Gamestop trade offer(old ps4 and €99 for a slim.ps4 and Fifa). My PS4 is day 1, and it's gotten a hell of a lot of use so surely it'll go at some stage. It's already making the odd grinding noise.

yeah I would have also taken a look at that to be honest but I put a 2tb harddrive into mine so I'm gonna have to hold onto it :rolleyes:

the xbox1 trade deal is way better old xbox1 and 70euro I think and you get a new xbox1s, fifa, a football shirt and another game

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Looks an amazingly good deal. I too have a 2TB drive in my launch PS4 though. It's just too much hassle to go through that all again. Plus, PES is way better than FIFA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Grayditch wrote: »

Whats the story with this trade in? Don't think I have the original power plug and do we need to trade in a controller with it?

I presume I will be able to transfer over any downloaded games onto the new machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Luap wrote: »
    Whats the story with this trade in? Don't think I have the original power plug and do we need to trade in a controller with it?

I presume I will be able to transfer over any downloaded games onto the new machine?

I done it last week, the rubber on the thumbstick of the controller I was trading in was worn down. So I had to give him a different one or else hold onto my old controller and let GameStop take the new one. I didn't give them the original hdmi lead or charging lead , just spurious ones I had around the house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

wilser wrote: »
    I done it last week, the rubber on the thumbstick of the controller I was trading in was worn down. So I had to give him a different one or else hold onto my old controller and let GameStop take the new one. I didn't give them the original hdmi lead or charging lead , just spurious ones I had around the house

I did the same the weekend only I wasn't pulled for stick wear and it was poor enough, saying that I returned mine in original box(must credit the missus for that) think it's an OCD. Had to regurn any hdmj and USB also, I imagine any suitable power cable would do. In total I paid €90.19. Missus keeps thinking there's a catch. In theory I paid €20.19 for new model with warranty. A win win.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

I was told today that the treaded in offer ended Sunday

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Tradein offer is going on until the 10th or as long as stocks last. I was in GS this morning trading in for a Pro, and I asked him. The XBox offer seems to be over as they have run out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Worried if I wipe my PS4 profile something will go tits up in the shop or I'll have missed something.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭TacoMan

A word of warning on the latest PS4 update. If your bluray player is dodgy at all (can't read disks etc.) don't install the latest update or you'll get an error code E-801809A8.

Lots of people reporting it and Sony are kinda stuck for a definite solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Gran Turismo Sport demo will be available from 10am on the 9th of October to 2pm on the 12th of October. Pre-download will be available at 10am on the 7th of October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I've resurrected my PS3 and hooked it up to the PC monitor through the HDMI cable, but my PC monitor has no speakers. Anyone know of a cheap-ish speaker setup that uses the Optical connection for sound? Headset is no use cos I want it for the young lad.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Just got a PS4 with Fifa..anyone know if cex accept trade ins on games with the “not for resale” thing on them?

Just got a PS4 with Fifa..anyone know if cex accept trade ins on games with the “not for resale” thing on them?

I'm not sure if they do..... bbbuuuuuttttt..... how much ya looking to get out of fifa? been thinking about grabbing a copy lately..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

SeanHarty wrote: »
    I'm not sure if they do..... bbbuuuuuttttt..... how much ya looking to get out of fifa? been thinking about grabbing a copy lately..

Full price

Full price

have you got an alert on for when I post anything anywhere? :confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Gran Turismo Sport demo will be available from 10am on the 9th of October to 2pm on the 12th of October. Pre-download will be available at 10am on the 7th of October.

Also note that progression on the demo is savable and applicable to the full game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

have you got an alert on for when I post anything anywhere? :confused::D

No, just happy coincidence that we follow the same threads.

giphy.gif

No, just happy coincidence that we follow the same threads.

giphy.gif

note to self..... block Solvable on everything....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

note to self..... block Solvable on everything....

i done that ages ago best.move.ever.:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Personally for some games yes. Some of the older games actually look really good on it.
    Battlefield 1 and Borderlands 2 I felt were significantly better. If you can afford it go for it but if not the PS4 is fine. I did upgrade my tv for it too though

Have a 4k tv so not a problem
    Might just get the Xbox one and keep the normal ps4 :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement