Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

irishman86 wrote: »
    Have a 4k tv so not a problem
    Might just get the Xbox one and keep the normal ps4 :o

I totally approve of this plan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

irishman86 wrote: »
    Have a 4k tv so not a problem
    Might just get the Xbox one and keep the normal ps4 :o

Did that myself during the week. I can wait for a decent trade in offer for a pro

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Anyone had a go of SW Battlefront 2 MP beta yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

duploelabs wrote: »
    Anyone had a go of SW Battlefront 2 MP beta yet?

Yes. Early impression is it is better than BF1. I even managed to remote play it on my Vita using hotspot on phone. Went well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

nedd wrote: »
    Yes. Early impression is it is better than BF1. I even managed to remote play it on my Vita using hotspot on phone. Went well.

Tried to connect with my phone directly before as I've got remote play on it but it's only allowed on Wifi, doesn't matter if you connected over mobile overall just that the last leg is wifi. If I'd used my phone as a mobile hotspot and used my vita it'd have worked but they've just added a hard block for mobile data on phones using remote play directly or on the Vita with the sims.

The nice thing about it is that you can use a dualshock 4 to control it, even got a little phone mount to connect to my phone.

• Advertisement

Playstation video store showed up on home screen, can see video on the PSN store as well. That's new no sign of a blog post about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Varik wrote: »
    Playstation video store showed up on home screen, can see video on the PSN store as well. That's new no sign of a blog post about it.

Yeah, noticed that myself. About time we got it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Anyone playing Skyforge? Downloaded it this morning. Played 2 missions seems enjoyable enough.

Feel free to add me if you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭madcabbage

What's the craic with this copying status after an initial download of an update? Takes absolutely forvever to finish downloads now whatever it is.

Had 46gb's free but my PS wanted me to delete an additional 4.6gb's for a 150mb Uncharted update :):):)

• Advertisement

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Yeah, noticed that myself. About time we got it as well.

Go onto it, how much space is yours saying it's using?

Go onto it, how much space is yours saying it's using?

For some reason when I press Options it's just gives me the option to Add to Folder, but I could of sworn it said 11gbs the other day somewhere.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    For some reason when I press Options it's just gives me the option to Add to Folder, but I could of sworn it said 11gbs the other day somewhere.

mines say 54GB it should be above start, you don't go into options it's viewable when you bring it up or press down from the playstations home screen.

mines say 54GB it should be above start, you don't go into options it's viewable when you bring it up or press down from the playstations home screen.

Yeah, 11.9gb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yupp just block user and leave group. "Hi, hey, hey sweetie" **** off

So I reported one two days ago and have just had a reply stating that they didn't think it breaches any rules and not to abuse the report function. Total BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

So I reported one two days ago and have just had a reply stating that they didn't think it breaches any rules and not to abuse the report function. Total BS.

I have my privacy settings that anyone can send me a friend request but only friends can message me. Has stopped all those messages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I'm the same but I keep getting them. They add me to a group then message me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Fortnite is a great game 👌 best free one I've played in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So while reading the latest system update for the Switch involves video capture it reminded me of something.
    When I played Arkahm Knight on PS4, I got a message occasionally saying video capture was disabled due to impoortant plot or whatever. Obviously to avoid spoilers bieng posted.
    Not that I've played many games since, but did other games have that restriction or have they stopped?
    I know I didn't encounter it in the likes of Uncharted 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider or (to go with an earlier game) Second Son.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So while reading the latest system update for the Switch involves video capture it reminded me of something.
    When I played Arkahm Knight on PS4, I got a message occasionally saying video capture was disabled due to impoortant plot or whatever. Obviously to avoid spoilers bieng posted.
    Not that I've played many games since, but did other games have that restriction or have they stopped?
    I know I didn't encounter it in the likes of Uncharted 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider or (to go with an earlier game) Second Son.

I believe that's coded into the game therefore at the behest of the developer.

• Advertisement

It also comes up if you enter into a screen where your personal data might be on show (email etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,818 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CastorTroy wrote: »

Pretty sure it happens in MGS Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain for the endings. Think Ground Zeroes might have been the first place I saw it outside of, as ItsHoggie says, where you're entering personal info like email addresses or similar on some games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Just connected my PS4 to my Mac using Remote Play.

Question:
    Do I need to have the PS4 hooked up via HDMI to the main TV for this to work?
    Could I just plug the PS4 into any pluck socket, fire up the Mac and start Remote Play or do I have to sign in on the PS4 as well?

Also, has anyone noticed a reduction in lag if they connected the PS4 directly to their router? I've found that although the wifi connection seems strong enough, it's a little bit blurry.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

With the exception of a short section at the start, the entirety of Persona 5 cannot be recorded or screencapped. The game is 80+ hours long,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyway too know how many hours you've put into a game besides in game tracking, that not every game has.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It might say it on the save file?

This looks really interesting, especially as a co-op/party game. I wonder how much it will be.

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/922463285382959106

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    It might say it on the save file?

This looks really interesting, especially as a co-op/party game. I wonder how much it will be.

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/922463285382959106

You can pre-order it already for €19.99 on the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone able to tell me what amp and voltage it says on their power cable please?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

I'm having trouble with using PayPal on the store at all week, trying to buy something and says can't compete purchase, I can't add fund through PayPal in the account management section either, says credit card error, even though I'm using PayPal.

I've not changed any details and was working last month or two when I last bought something on the store.. Any ideas how to fix this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I'm having trouble with using PayPal on the store at all week, trying to buy something and says can't compete purchase, I can't add fund through PayPal in the account management section either, says credit card error, even though I'm using PayPal.

I've not changed any details and was working last month or two when I last bought something on the store.. Any ideas how to fix this?

This was happening to me last week when trying to buy games using PayPal through the app, I gave up and tried on the PS4 and PayPal worked on that no problem, it sounds like it’s happening on the console to you, very strange!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement