Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Yeah I can't make a purchase, want to get Arizona sunshine for the vr while it's half price.

I rang Sony there, my accounts now locked for 48hrs and should be OK then.

Chap on the phone said I can still by credit in argos and the like.. It's there any other ways to buy credit digitally? I've never done it before, he said I could top up through mobile but I'm with id mobile and they're useless for that type of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Yeah I can't make a purchase, want to get Arizona sunshine for the vr while it's half price.

I rang Sony there, my accounts now locked for 48hrs and should be OK then.

Chap on the phone said I can still by credit in argos and the like.. It's there any other ways to buy credit digitally? I've never done it before, he said I could top up through mobile but I'm with id mobile and they're useless for that type of stuff
    Happened me last wk when tried to buy fifa. Would not go thru and got a email for ulster bank saying my account was locked cos of fraud activity on my account which there wasn't so had to ring them to unlock it and got sent new bank card ffs.never happened me before. Had to change all passwords on PayPal and all other accounts. Such a pain in the arse

• Registered Users Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Anyone able to tell me what amp and voltage it says on their power cable please?

It's a standard figure of 8 power cord (220v), found on nearly every electrical device with a built in dc converter

• Anyone know the best place to pick up Lost Legacy now?
    I'm half tempted from looking at previews although I was left a little disappointed with UC4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

duploelabs wrote: »
    It's a standard figure of 8 power cord (220v), found on nearly every electrical device with a built in dc converter

Does amps and voltage not matter? Ive a PS4 slim with an EU plug, and want to get a better cable as it seems a bit dodgy atm.

• Advertisement

Does amps and voltage not matter? Ive a PS4 slim with an EU plug, and want to get a better cable as it seems a bit dodgy atm.

Sheeze. Same here as Europe for voltage. Just use a three pin UK plug (the one we use) with a figure of 8 at the other end

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The PS4 will take it regardless, as long as the cable is right.

Current kind of matters, all UK plugs have to be fused so you either need a 3A or 5A in that. The original PS4 took a 5A not sure about the slim but you'd be fine with it still if you went for another 5A

Anything higher will be fine but it's safer to just get the one you need, it's definitely not a 13A one and a 13A wouldn't do anything as you PS4 could a fiery inferno before a 13A blew.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone else find the ps4 headset has low volume especially when watching TV?

Is there anywhere else to turn it up apart from on the device?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

There might be some extra volume to be gotten out of the sound device section when you hold the PS button.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Tyson Fury wrote:
    Anyone else find the ps4 headset has low volume especially when watching TV?

Tyson Fury wrote:
    Is there anywhere else to turn it up apart from on the device?

If your on about the wireless ones, don't forget that as well as the volume there is an adjuster for sound/chat, if you have it more towards chat sound will be lower, I always have to press sound a few times after finishing a game and switching to Netflix.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Anyone every find a game downloaded that they didn't purchase appeared on the console?

I've gone through my history and I've definitely not bought it...

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Anyone every find a game downloaded that they didn't purchase appeared on the console?

I've gone through my history and I've definitely not bought it...

What game was it? And is there any chance someone got onto your account?

What game was it? And is there any chance someone got onto your account?

Game is F1 2016
    Very doubtful someone got into my account.
    Not showing up in transaction history in my account.
    Or nothing on email.

Odd...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Paris Games Week media showcase begins tomorrow with an introductory livestream featuring 21 game updates, including seven all-new game announcements for PS4 and PS VR.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/10/27/this-monday-paris-games-week-2017-brings-a-new-playstation-media-showcase/

Game is F1 2016
    Or nothing on email.

Odd...
    Demo or full version?

Game is F1 2016
    Or nothing on email.

Odd...

The PS4 is meant to do that, there's an option in setting somewhere for it. It can do it for full games so that you just buy them and then they unlock, not at the playstation right now to see where the option is. By default it should be set to off, so you've turned it on at some point as usually it mainly downloads free content for games you've already got.

It's like amazon et al, here are some things you may also like but it downloads it when in rest mode.

I've the option on but I don't think it's ever downloaded any full games, but it's there under it's features.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Demo or full version?

Pretty sure it's the full one as it's a large download.
    But will check.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Starts at 3pm

I hope they show WiLD but I'm not getting my hopes up. It's a bank holiday so I can watch on of these for a change.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Rumor has it that some big announcements have been moved from PSX to today's showcase.

Vey precise starting time 3:06pm

Guacamelee 2 announced

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

A top down Max Payne, love it ha

I get the impressions they're pushing VR

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I get the impressions they're pushing VR

Most of the games shown are coming out soon (this week for all the horror VR games), rather than out in the future big announcements that'll be on the main stage.

the ghost of tsushima looks good sucker punch are a good studio

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Guacamelee 2 announced

So happy with this, played the first one when it went to ps+, as soon as I cleared it, I went straight into a 2nd playthrough for the platinum. Will be buying this day 1.

• Advertisement

destiny expansion trailer looked good

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement