Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah the money went back into my wallet and said I'de chance asking them to put it back into my credit card. Just got a mail there saying all done, money back on my card. Brilliant service out of Sony Ireland!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Only thing is you don't get money sick it's just store credit for your wallet.

Same as most (goodwill) refunds from retailers isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

anyone know when the new deal of the week and new promotions update on the store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

anyone know when the new deal of the week and new promotions update on the store?

Usually Wednesdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Think sweetie is stuck in a temporal loop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Varik wrote:
    Think sweetie is stuck in a temporal loop.

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Deal of the week is Rise of the tomb raider for €19.99,
    The double discounts sale is not over until 23rd

I might pick up Tomb Raider at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Some of the double discount deals did end yesterday and a few more where added.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

Don't know if this is strictly the place to post this so apologies if it should be somewhere else.

Is anyone tempted by the Xbox x? I've had ps4 since launch and then upgraded to the pro at launch. I love my pro and the playstation studios which I think are key but I find myself more and more tempted by the Xbox one x. Am I alone?

• Advertisement

jones wrote: »
    Don't know if this is strictly the place to post this so apologies if it should be somewhere else.

Is anyone tempted by the Xbox x? I've had ps4 since launch and then upgraded to the pro at launch. I love my pro and the playstation studios which I think are key but I find myself more and more tempted by the Xbox one x. Am I alone?

tenor.gif

On a serious note, I'd love to play Forza but no other full exclusives appeal to me and I think the xbox controller sucks so it's a no from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,816 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Nothing wrong with that. Was interested in it myself for a while. I will hopefully pick one up at some stage but as good and all as the graphics etc will be, I just know I'm going to end up not playing it often enough to warrant it. I'll still play most of my games on the Pro because that's where my main account is (don't even know if my old Xbox Live account is still active or how I'd log into it) and the PS4 has more of the exclusives I want to play. I'd probably end up playing Gears of War 4 on the One X and maybe some multi-plat games, but after that I think I'd still end up mostly playing on the Pro.

If you think you'll play it enough to warrant it and have the disposable income (given that it's coming up to Christmas especially), go for it. Personally, as good as a machine and as much power as it has, I just know I'll not use it enough to warrant it.

€500 would be too rich for me for a console. It looks like it will be an amazing console but the price and the better exclusives on the PS4 mean I'll stick with what I have for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I think the xbox controller sucks so it's a no from me.

You are so wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,117 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I think the xbox controller sucks so it's a no from me.

I'm the opposite, find the PS pad terrible. Left stick is in the wrong place, battery life is poor and and I'm not fond of the triggers. The rumble in the triggers on the Xbox are great addition to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads I've lost the wireless receiver for my Sony Gold Headset. Any idea where to buy a replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

For the same reason i wouldnt buy a Pro i wouldnt buy a One X. Both are not going to run games at 60fps consistently. If the One X did i would be looking at buying one.

So same as usual for me,if i want pretty with high framerates i play on PC,if i want to play with friends i play on PS4. Givin PC exclusives and the fact Xbox elclusives are mostly coming to windows i actually think a PC is decent option to go with a sony console rather than am xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

I was the same. Got the One S a month ago for 240 quid with forza and fifa, sold fifa for 70 quid. Not too pushed on having 4k when its not my main console

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'm the opposite, find the PS pad terrible. Left stick is in the wrong place, battery life is poor and and I'm not fond of the triggers. The rumble in the triggers on the Xbox are great addition to it.

Haven't used the Xbox One controller too much (bar helping a technophobe friend set one up for his kids and a bit of Fifa at another friends house) but I didn't like the 360 controller when I had one. My little fingers kept getting pins and needles. Maybe because I had to have it wired because the play and charge kits never held their charge so I was maybe sitting a bit different than usual.

I never found any big difference in the placement of the left stick though, but prefer the d-pad where it is on the dualshock.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,117 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Penn wrote: »
    Haven't used the Xbox One controller too much (bar helping a technophobe friend set one up for his kids and a bit of Fifa at another friends house) but I didn't like the 360 controller when I had one. My little fingers kept getting pins and needles. Maybe because I had to have it wired because the play and charge kits never held their charge so I was maybe sitting a bit different than usual.

I never found any big difference in the placement of the left stick though, but prefer the d-pad where it is on the dualshock.

I find my thumb naturally finds the left stick on the Xbox much more comfortable than the PS one, especially for FPS games.

It's strange though because I've always had PlayStation even before i got the Xboxes and it's always felt better out on its own to the left.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I find my thumb naturally finds the left stick on the Xbox much more comfortable than the PS one, especially for FPS games.

It's strange though because I've always had PlayStation even before i got the Xboxes and it's always felt better out on its own to the left.

It's definitely one of those things that comes down to personal preference I think, and maybe it's just because I'm so used to where it's always been on PS controllers anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I still prefer Xbox sticks but PS controller has grown on me a lot. Battery would be my only gripe.

They've overhauled the Playstation App for Android and iOS. It seems to be working an awful lot better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

They've overhauled the Playstation App for Android and iOS. It seems to be working an awful lot better now.

Ya, and the mobile PS store is a lot faster too.

maximoose wrote: »
    I still prefer Xbox sticks but PS controller has grown on me a lot. Battery would be my only gripe.

Yeah, definitely have to admit the battery life on them is shockingly bad. It definitely needs to be the one thing above all else they need to improve for any next gen controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

How long are the batteries lasting? I usually get around 8 hours of use from a full charge which usually means I should go do something else if I see the low battery warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Checked it out there, very nice. Much snappier now than it's previous configuration, not overly arsed by the social 'What's New' stuff, but it's very clean all round. Something that I'll be making better use out of now I'd say.

I'll have to test out how quickly I can go from opening the app to using the Second Screen features however, as those are by far the most useful aspects of the app but it used to be too slow to even bother using them in most cases.

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah, definitely have to admit the battery life on them is shockingly bad. It definitely needs to be the one thing above all else they need to improve for any next gen controller.

I find it so bad I usually turn off vibration in games unless it's a needed for a mechaninc in-game. They definitely need to sort the battery next go around.

Nailz wrote: »
    I'll have to test out how quickly I can go from opening the app to using the Second Screen features however, as those are by far the most useful aspects of the app but it used to be too slow to even bother using them in most cases.

From looking at the blog, they seem to have given this a complete refresh and given Second Screen its own dedicated app. I'll have a go of that later when I get home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

From looking at the blog, they seem to have given this a complete refresh and given Second Screen its own dedicated app. I'll have a go of that later when I get home.
    I've only just copped it there that they separated the second screen feature from the main app. See a few folks complaining that all the apps should be merged, but to be honest if it speeds up the process of using the second screen as opposed to navigating through a packed core app then I'm all for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement