Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,815 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Evade wrote: »
    How long are the batteries lasting? I usually get around 8 hours of use from a full charge which usually means I should go do something else if I see the low battery warning.

Yeah usually about 8 hours or so. I usually have one controller plugged in, use the other until I get the low battery warning, then just switch them. But think you used to get over 20 hours at least with the PS3 controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I'll get the one x probably either in Xmas or January depending on availability,

There's no doubting sony has better exclusives.

But I've never played gears or halo etc so if the get some kind of a boost mode, they would be well worth a shot, also single player stuff like assassins creed would be best on the x presumably.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I'll get the one x probably either in Xmas or January depending on availability,

But I've never played gears or halo etc so if the get some kind of a boost mode, they would be well worth a shot, also single player stuff like assassins creed would be best on the x presumably.

I really loved the Gears of War games. Played the first 3 on the 360 and enjoyed them a lot. That's why Gears of War 4 is really the main Xbox exclusive I'd like to play.

If you've never played any of the Gears games, I'd definitely recommend playing through the originals. Pretty sure they were remastered for the Xbox One a while back. Not sure if they've also been enhanced for the X though like Gears 4 has.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Gears 4 is pretty poor compared to the original trilogy though, Was a massive fan and was bitterly dissapointed

Gears 4 is pretty poor compared to the original trilogy though, Was a massive fan and was bitterly dissapointed

Yeah I have heard mixed reviews of it alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah, definitely have to admit the battery life on them is shockingly bad. It definitely needs to be the one thing above all else they need to improve for any next gen controller.

They could also do with looking at the analog sticks,rubber wearing was shocking.

DS4 has the worst build quality of any PS controller ive owned.

EoinHef wrote: »
    They could also do with looking at the analog sticks,rubber wearing was shocking.

DS4 has the worst build quality of any PS controller ive owned.

Actually yeah, I never experienced that myself but the trigger buttons were liable to go too. Both me and a friend lost a controller each to a faulty R2 button as they'd stop coming back out fully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Actually yeah, I never experienced that myself but the trigger buttons were liable to go too. Both me and a friend lost a controller each to a faulty R2 button as they'd stop coming back out fully.

Were these all issues with launch controllers? Never had any of those issues myself?

Were these all issues with launch controllers? Never had any of those issues myself?

Yeah they were both launch controllers. Have two of the Pro version controllers myself now and no issue with them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Nor me.

I've never known why the Xbox One controller is so highly praised - the triggers feel way too spongey to me :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,117 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jcd5971 wrote: »

Gears 3 & 4 and Halo 5 already have patches and are running exceptionally well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Way prefer PS4 controller. Xbox one just feels huge and cumbersome.

Not just the launch controllers,i bought one 14 months after launch and had the same thing happened.

It didnt get fixed from what i can see till we got the controller revision.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

EoinHef wrote: »
    Not just the launch controllers,i bought one 14 months after launch and had the same thing happened.

It didnt get fixed from what i can see till we got the controller revision.

That would have still likely been a launch controller.

Varik wrote: »
    That would have still likely been a launch controller.

If that was the case they should have been withdrawn i would have thought. It was a well documented problem.

Had to actually change the sticks in my original controller,went for xbox sticks. They do the job.

I feel like the PS 1/2/3 controllers were more resiliant but to make the price point i feel sony cheaped out a bit on the build quality of the DS4. Shame as functionally goes ive no issue with the controller

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Any deals on the ps4 at the min ?

Last year had a flash sale on amazon and i got one for €120 , something like that be good ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I really loved the Gears of War games. Played the first 3 on the 360 and enjoyed them a lot. That's why Gears of War 4 is really the main Xbox exclusive I'd like to play.

If you've never played any of the Gears games, I'd definitely recommend playing through the originals. Pretty sure they were remastered for the Xbox One a while back. Not sure if they've also been enhanced for the X though like Gears 4 has.

Loads to love in the Gears games though the gameplay does get a bit samey over time. The forced on rail elements come to mind.
    Still, they can be had cheap enough, backwards compatibility means you can pick up the original trilogy in a charity shop and be playing them on the XB1 right away... Well after you download the now unlocked game code at least.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Loads to love in the Gears games though the gameplay does get a bit samey over time. The forced on rail elements come to mind.

Yeah they definitely suffered from the same thing as the early Uncharted games where "A bunch of low-height walls in an open area ahead... gee... I wonder if there might be a shootout coming up..." happened every few minutes. And then lots of on-rail set-pieces.

The story was also very basic throughout but with some genuinely well done moments in them.

But those gameplay mechanics were solid as a rock and even though it regularly felt samey, it was always just a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

PlayStation App has been totally redesigned and updated.

It's a lot better and easier on the eye but it's still mistifying why there's a second app require to send and receive messages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

PlayStation App has been totally redesigned and updated.

It's a lot better and easier on the eye but it's still mistifying why there's a second app require to send and receive messages.

They've subdivided a lot of it into secondary apps - the main app and store were working great but I couldn't get the second screen app to work on my Android phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Penn wrote:
    The story was also very basic throughout but with some genuinely well done moments in them.

Yep, poor aul Dom :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Anybody ever buy more than one €20 credit from HMV credit and the second code not being valid for some reason, happened to me last night and just wondering is this regular accurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I am having an odd issue.

I am downloading an update for a game and if I turn off the console and on again the update starts downloading from 0 and doesn't resume like it should do.

Just to see I tried pausing and resuming the download and again it started from 0

Anybody have a problem like this before and find a way to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Does it preparing and a %

lertsnim wrote: »
    I am having an odd issue.

I am downloading an update for a game and if I turn off the console and on again the update starts downloading from 0 and doesn't resume like it should do.

Just to see I tried pausing and resuming the download and again it started from 0

Anybody have a problem like this before and find a way to fix it?

Do you have enough space for the download.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I have plenty of space. I have it downloaded now. I'll have a look the next time an update happens to see if it happens again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

JamboMac wrote: »
    Anybody ever buy more than one €20 credit from HMV credit and the second code not being valid for some reason, happened to me last night and just wondering is this regular accurance.

Email them buddy, they will eventually get it to you. Inform them it doesnt work

irishman86 wrote: »
    Email them buddy, they will eventually get it to you. Inform them it doesnt work

Did that last night and they requested the mobile number I purchased with, so hopefully they make it painless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

JamboMac wrote: »
    Did that last night and they requested the mobile number I purchased with, so hopefully they make it painless.

It was for me dude, well painless in i had to report then wait which took a month :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Buying 1st ever console in the house this Xmas, and am curious as to how big the games actually are in terms of GB on the HDD.

The PS4 is a 500gb model, and to be honest I think the young lad will be happy enough with probably FIFA18 and Minecraft on it, but I could see the likes of Little Big Planet, Farm Simulator and maybe a few of the Lego titles going on it in the future.

Anyone able to tell me the GB roughly of this list?

I know I can always upgrade the HDD, but wouldn't want to be doing that while its in warranty.

Edit: just found this, which lists all games and their HDD size
    https://www.finder.com/complete-list-playstation-4-install-sizes-460-titles

Most surprising thing was that Minecraft was only 0.23gb.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement