Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Got a ps4 pro 1tb

Does this play ps2/3 games aswell ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Got a ps4 pro 1tb

Does this play ps2/3 games aswell ?

Not the discs. Only whatever is available as digital download through the PS Store on the device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Vargulf

Is there anyway to find how much a game has been installed to the system? Like a progress bar for instance?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Vargulf wrote: »
    Is there anyway to find how much a game has been installed to the system? Like a progress bar for instance?

Find the game icon on the main menu, press the option button and then press information. This will show you install progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anyone play Payday 2, is it worth paying the extra few quid for The Big Score edition? (Comes with all the DLC)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was about to ask if ye think I should put Horizon Zero Dawn on my Santa list now or wait for the GotY type edition. But I see now that the Complete Edition is out December 6th. So for anyone who was waiting for that, there it is.
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/coming-soon-playstation-4/horizon-zero-dawn-the-complete-edition-ps4/p/164113

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was about to ask if ye think I should put Horizon Zero Dawn on my Santa list now or wait for the GotY type edition. But I see now that the Complete Edition is out December 6th. So for anyone who was waiting for that, there it is.
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/coming-soon-playstation-4/horizon-zero-dawn-the-complete-edition-ps4/p/164113

Can see this or the normal version getting a 12 deals of Christmas discount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Varik wrote: »

if it does I will be jumping on that! been hearing great things about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Varik wrote: »

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what might be on the list this year, actually?

See if I should hold off picking up a few bits!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what might be on the list this year, actually?

Usually games that were released that year so I'd chance:

Persona 5
    Nier Automata
    Ni-Oh
    Horizon
    Wolfenstein 2 (as there were tasty black friday deals already for this)
    Resident Evil 7
    South Park
    Gran Turismo
    Prey

• Advertisement

Persona 5
    Nier Automata
    Ni-Oh
    Horizon
    Resident Evil 7
    South Park
    Gran Turismo
    Prey

even though I don't need any new games horizon and south park would be extremely tempting

Wasn't Horizon on Black Friday deals for €25 or €30?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wasn't Horizon on Black Friday deals for €25 or €30?

€30. It was €24 in Argos. It does look like there'll be a sale for the whole of December starting on Friday as they had a small sale on this week ending tomorrow.

Persona 5
    Nier Automata
    Ni-Oh
    Horizon
    Resident Evil 7
    South Park
    Gran Turismo
    Prey

I'll be broke this Christmas if you're right :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Niska

Well last years deals were:
    Tomb Raider - Rise of the Tomb Raider
    Fallout 4
    Dishonored 2
    Skyrim
    Battlefield 1
    Uncharted 4
    Titanfall 2
    Call of Duty…
    FIFA 17
    GTA V
    Watch Dogs 2
    Final Fantasy XV

From that (and previous years) I'd guess the following are certs:

Shadow of Mordor
    Wolfeinstein 2
    Battlefront 2
    Uncharted Lost Legacy
    CoD WW 2
    FIFA 18
    Destiny 2
    Assassins Creed Origins

and Crash Bandicoot is deal one.

With the rest from (in slight order of probability)

Horizon Zero Dawn
    Persona 5
    Gran Turismo
    Need For Speed
    Prey
    Skyrim VR / Skyrim
    Nioh
    Nier Automata
    GTA V
    Final Fantasy XV

Again just a guess, but based on previous years deals.

Niska wrote: »
    Well last years deals were:

From that (and previous years) I'd guess the following are certs:

Shadow of Mordor
    Wolfeinstein 2
    Battlefront 2
    Uncharted Lost Legacy
    CoD WW 2
    FIFA 18
    Destiny 2
    Assassins Creed Origins

and Crash Bandicoot is deal one.

With the rest from (in slight order of probability)

Horizon Zero Dawn
    Persona 5
    Gran Turismo
    Need For Speed
    Prey
    Skyrim VR / Skyrim
    Nioh
    Nier Automata
    GTA V
    Final Fantasy XV

Again just a guess, but based on previous years deals.

Is 7 games too many to buy in the run up to Christmas...? :eek:

Is 7 games too many to buy in the run up to Christmas...? :eek:

Maybe...? but if you can afford it :pac:

Assassins Creed is good, COD is ok I haven't played the others.

And that's the problem. Like I said, I have to sort out my Santa list, so don't wanna be giving a list of games I want, only to then see them cheap on the store

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

In Harvey Norman & PC World at the moment in Carrickmines. Any recommended PS4 monitors?

Or would I be better of with a 32” tv for the same price (less than €200)?

Just spoke to a guy in HN about a good monitor. He recommended either the AOC G2778VG 27” 1MS for €269 or alternatively the HP OMEN 32” €549.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

shuffles03 wrote: »
    In Harvey Norman & PC World at the moment in Carrickmines. Any recommended PS4 monitors?

Or would I be better of with a 32” tv for the same price (less than €200)?

I'm using 2 Samsung 32" ers. Unless your pro-mvp-pvp-vip the tv will be more than sufficient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I'm using 2 Samsung 32" ers. Unless your pro-mvp-pvp-vip the tv will be more than sufficient.

Yep I have an acer 1ms response time monitor.... I'm still ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Jak II, Jak 3, and Jak X Combat Racing hit PS4 on 6th December

• Registered Users Posts: 14,092 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

First deal of Xmas, NBA2K18... No thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

First deal of Xmas, NBA2K18... No thanks!

Fantastic sports game, at a really solid price.

I’ll be picking that up for sure, always wait till around Christmas to get the latest in that series as there’s usually an offer.

Great price for that but I'm boycotting 2k NBA this year, will see if they pull their VC bull**** in 2k19 before going back.

Also, UFC 3 beta is open and on the store if anyone is interested.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm boycotting 2k NBA this year, will see if they pull their VC bull**** in 2k19 before going back.

Loot box crap?

Loot box crap?

Microtransaction crap in EVERY aspect of the game. Career mode is always online with the goal to get to a 99 rating, you start on 50 something and you can buy points to get get up to 85, roughly 200 euro worth last I checked. Then you have clothes, haircuts, moves, etc that you can buy with money. You can earn this money in-game but at a slow rate. They didn't even try to hide that it is designed to appeal to the people who are willing to buy all the microtransactions. On launch day, a guy put up a pic of other online players running around at level 85 15 minutes of launching. If it was a free to play game then it would be fine but not after paying 70 euro. I buy those games every year and love/hate them but had to take a stand this year, that **** shouldn't be anywhere near career mode.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Microtransaction crap in EVERY aspect of the game. Career mode is always online with the goal to get to a 99 rating, you start on 50 something and you can buy points to get get up to 85, roughly 200 Doro worth last I checked. Then you have clothes, haircuts, moves, etc that you can buy with money. You can earn this money in-game but at a slow rate. They didn't even try to hide that it is designed to appeal to the people who are willing to buy all the microtransactions. On launch day, a guy put up a pic of other online players running around at level 85 15 minutes of launching. If it was a free to play game then it would be fine but not after paying 70 euro. I buy those games every year and love/hate them but had to take a stand this year, that **** shouldn't be anywhere near career mode.

Jesus christ that's bad form!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

Hi everyone.

Im looking to buy a PlayStation 4 console bundle for my kids for Xmas and I spotted a deal in Gamestop that I need some advice on. The deal is a 1TB PS4, extra dualshock controller, GT Sport & Uncharted: Lost Legacy for €349.99.

Is this a good deal?? It seems unreal to me but I need confirmation whether it is a good deal or not. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Med101007 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

Im looking to buy a PlayStation 4 console bundle for my kids for Xmas and I spotted a deal in Gamestop that I need some advice on. The deal is a 1TB PS4, extra dualshock controller, GT Sport & Uncharted: Lost Legacy for €349.99.

Is this a good deal?? It seems unreal to me but I need confirmation whether it is a good deal or not. Thanks

That's a very good deal, you'd could easily make a €100 off the two games and controller if you've no interest in them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement