Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Anywhere cheap(er) to get ps plus membership?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

A Hat In Time releases on December 6th. To me, it looks like what Yooka-Laylee could've or should've been. Looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Could anyone recommend a few schmups for me? Really like the Skyforce games so anything similar to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Annual Boards Games Awards nominations are now live. First category up includes PS4 Best Game (retail) and Best Game (download).

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=499

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Just got a PS4 PRO. Transfering my data from the PS4 to it. How do I go about updating my games to benefit from the PS4 pro? Will they automatically start downloading updates that only the PS4 pro can get?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,815 ✭✭✭✭Penn

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Just got a PS4 PRO. Transfering my data from the PS4 to it. How do I go about updating my games to benefit from the PS4 pro? Will they automatically start downloading updates that only the PS4 pro can get?

The updates will already be installed. It installs for everyone regardless of whether you have the normal PS4 or PS4 Pro. Just check under the settings for display to ensure everything is set to the highest quality, then any games which support the Pro may have resolution settings in their menus too, where you can usually select between 4k30fps and 1080p60fps or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Penn wrote: »

The updates will already be installed. It installs for everyone regardless of whether you have the normal PS4 or PS4 Pro. Just check under the settings for display to ensure everything is set to the highest quality, then any games which support the Pro may have resolution settings in their menus too, where you can usually select between 4k30fps and 1080p60fps or similar.

Great thanks. Can't wait to test some games out. My 4ktv is arriving today too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,815 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Great thanks. Can't wait to test some games out. My 4ktv is arriving today too :)

Best advice would be to check Digital Foundry and see if they have a video for adjusting the settings on your TV to give the best resolution with the Pro. Sometimes just switching it to 'Game Mode' on the TV doesn't give the best quality, and a bit of fine tuning in the settings can add to it, depending on your TV.

Either way, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Papers, Please released on Vita today, wish they would have released it on PS4 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Papers, Please released on Vita today, wish they would have released it on PS4 as well.

They could do a nice playlink version for the PS4, or have it as an option.

Have you counter on your phone/tablet and the person on the TV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Is there something similar to little big karting on the ps4. Looking for something child friendly to play couch multiplayer.

Little big planet does it all now i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,425 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Is there something similar to little big karting on the ps4. Looking for something child friendly to play couch multiplayer.

Beach buddy racing

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Beach buggy racing.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Beach buggy racing.

I meant Buggy, not buddy.

The only game I've platinumed so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Lads, Jak & Daxter is after doing a number on my R1 button, it keeps getting stuck down, is there any easy fix for this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Winter sale starts today?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Winter sale starts today?

Yeah it should, I’ll post a link in Bargains thread when it becomes live

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yeah it should, I’ll post a link in Bargains thread when it becomes live

Hopefully its better than the 12 days sale.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Hopefully its better than the 12 days sale.

If its whats up not, it aint great

• Advertisement

Grand Turismo update contains a huge single player expansion. Sunday leagues, adjustable cars, etc ala the old versions are added

Tempted by the surge...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Tempted by the surge...

It's €11.99 in Argos. There's a demo as well so you can check it out before you buy.

It's €11.99 in Argos. There's a demo as well so you can check it out before you buy.

God damn and I was in Argos and all today and didn't think too check it >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

duploelabs wrote: »
    Grand Turismo update contains a huge single player expansion. Sunday leagues, adjustable cars, etc ala the old versions are added

Ah see now I'm confused. Any opinions on which to go for, Project Cars 2 or GT. Never played Project Cars but was going to go for it based on the lack of old style single player in the new GT. But now with the update?

James74 wrote: »
    Ah see now I'm confused. Any opinions on which to go for, Project Cars 2 or GT. Never played Project Cars but was going to go for it based on the lack of old style single player in the new GT. But now with the update?

Project Cars I found very Arcady, although I haven't fully explored the update on GT, just done a few of the sunday cups, tis nice to be driving sh!tty cars against each other

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Merry Christmas everyone!

Santa brought a PS4 pro this morning. I had all my sons movies on the old ps3. Will sony ever allow movie transfer from the USB to the hdd?

Also I setup an account for my son… of course your not told, online is disabled for a certain age (he’s 7) so it won’t connect to fortnite. Haven’t tried minecraft yet.

So you can’t redo the age. Can I delete his profile? Can’t find an option for it.

Thanks.

mad muffin wrote: »
    Merry Christmas everyone!

Santa brought a PS4 pro this morning. I had all my sons movies on the old ps3. Will sony ever allow movie transfer from the USB to the hdd?

Also I setup an account for my son… of course your not told, online is disabled for a certain age (he’s 7) so it won’t connect to fortnite. Haven’t tried minecraft yet.

So you can’t redo the age. Can I delete his profile? Can’t find an option for it.

Thanks.

I think you can just set it so he can from the master account.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

mad muffin wrote: »
    So you can’t redo the age. Can I delete his profile? Can’t find an option for it. Thanks.

Go to settings > login settings > user management > delete user and select profile to delete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Varik wrote: »
    I think you can just set it so he can from the master account.

You can for offline but it doesn’t affect online.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement