Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

F1ngers wrote: »
    Go to settings > login settings > user management > delete user and select profile to delete.

Thanks. The email address I used for him will be forever linked to the old profile?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

mad muffin wrote: »
    Thanks. The email address I used for him will be forever linked to the old profile?

You can use the dot trick for gmail with PSN accounts.

If your email was madmuffin@gmail.com, then you can have

madmuffin@gmail.com
    mad.muffin@gmail.com
    m.admuffin@gmail.com
    m.ad.muffin@gmail.com

All will work and emails will arrive at the same address.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Varik wrote: »
    You can use the dot trick for gmail with PSN accounts.

If your email was madmuffin@gmail.com, then you can have

madmuffin@gmail.com
    mad.muffin@gmail.com
    m.admuffin@gmail.com
    m.ad.muffin@gmail.com

All will work and emails will arrive at the same address.

Thanks. Will have a look after dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Sorry if this is in the wrong place guys. Mods feel free to move it.

Is there still any online activity on Modern Warfare 3??

I took a break from gaming for a few years and I’m just wondering if this game is still going online.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

John_D80 wrote: »
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place guys. Mods feel free to move it.

Is there still any online activity on Modern Warfare 3??

I took a break from gaming for a few years and I’m just wondering if this game is still going online.

I was watching a youtuber playing it online before WWII dropped and yes there were people playing it but might be some hackers on there now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Just got a PS4 with Call Of Duty WWII.

I don't have a good internet connection and when I try to load the game, it keeps prompting me to update via the internet.

I've turned off the internet connection but the game still requests an internet update.

Anyone know how I get the PS4 to just play the game off the DVD?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

07Lapierre wrote: »

I don't have a good internet connection and when I try to load the game, it keeps prompting me to update via the internet.

I've turned off the internet connection but the game still requests an internet update.

Should give the option to "continue without updating" if the update is started but not finished.

If you're really stuck you can delete the game off the PS4, keep the ps4 offline and then reinstall the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Varik wrote: »
    Should give the option to "continue without updating" if the update is started but not finished.

If you're really stuck you can delete the game off the PS4, keep the ps4 offline and then reinstall the game.

Thanks I'll give that a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Is Amazon.com region locked? Family Member in US bought COD ww2 for the boy and the code is saying invalid.

I have bought PC games there before with no issue but I am aware Dying Light PC is region locked.

Amazon support obviously a bit slow today so posting here too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Is Amazon.com region locked? Family Member in US bought COD ww2 for the boy and the code is saying invalid.

I have bought PC games there before with no issue but I am aware Dying Light PC is region locked.

Amazon support obviously a bit slow today so posting here too :)

Amazon.com isn't region locked but the PSN is region specific. So he'll need to set up a US PSN account and input the code into the North American store there and it should work. I've never bought a code from Amazon.com but regularly buy PSN credit off it to use on the North American store so i'm not certain that will work.

• Advertisement

Amazon.com isn't region locked but the PSN is region specific. So he'll need to set up a US PSN account and input the code into the North American store there and it should work. I've never bought a code from Amazon.com but regularly buy PSN credit off it to use on the North American store so i'm not certain that will work.

Yep setup a US account redeem the code and you can download the game and it will be playable on the Irish account

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

07Lapierre wrote: »

As far as I know you require the initial patch to play the game. Even offline

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got horizon zero dawn as a present from a family member but I already have it, will symths allow me to exchange it for something else? even though you only have 14 days to return the item from the game section?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Damien360

I got horizon zero dawn as a present from a family member but I already have it, will symths allow me to exchange it for something else? even though you only have 14 days to return the item from the game section?

Have you the receipt and they are under no obligation to take it back as it's not faulty but might take it as a trade giving you secondhand price rather than a straight deal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Damien360 wrote: »
    Have you the receipt and they are under no obligation to take it back as it's not faulty but might take it as a trade giving you secondhand price rather than a straight deal.

I have the receipt, surely seeing as it was an Xmas gift they would exchange for something else like psn credit or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Yep setup a US account redeem the code and you can download the game and it will be playable on the Irish account

Cheers worked perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I have the receipt, surely seeing as it was an Xmas gift they would exchange for something else like psn credit or something.

I think the returns policy is extended during the Christmas buying period with most retailers, i.e. it can be returned up to the end of January or within 30-60 days or something if it’s unopened and still sealed. I’m not sure of the specifics but I think this may be the case with Argos so I presume Smyths have a similar policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone play Hidden Agenda? Worth the 13 quid it currently is in the psn sale,?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I was an avid gamer back in my teenage years, with the likes of the Spectrum, C64, Atari ST and Amiga.

Completely grew out of it, haven't really played any games since.

Little boy got a PS4 from Santa, and was trying to play FIFA with him. Jez, controllers are complicated now! From a stick with one button, to far too many to ever remember button combinations. I think playing the ps4 with him is going to be a chore.

How times change.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

NIMAN wrote: »
    I was an avid gamer back in my teenage years, with the likes of the Spectrum, C64, Atari ST and Amiga.

Little boy got a PS4 from Santa, and was trying to play FIFA with him. Jez, controllers are complicated now! From a stick with one button, to far too many to ever remember button combinations. I think playing the ps4 with him is going to be a chore.

How times change.

Grew up on playing the C64, played the ps2 for a while about 10 years ago. Young fella got the ps4 off santy, complicated really is the word, reckon I still have it though, managed to hold my own!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

NIMAN wrote: »

How times change.

Fifa is a chore.

Thankfully the PS4 library is so vast that you will definately find something to suit you.

Recently I play Nex Machina. It's a twin stick shooter ala Smash TV. .... Well on steroids that is.

Shovel Knight for example will suit for platforming.

Probably pushing it slightly but Need for Speed Hot Pursuit reminded me of Chase HQ on my first play. Again modernised on steroids so to speak but the concept isn't far off.

There's loads there. Loads. Put up a post asking for specific type of games using games you used to enjoy and I'm sure people I'll give you far better examples than I've given.

Also watch out for Indie developers. They tend to cater to the old school gamer. I'm not saying only look here but might help at the start.

I don't think I'll need to worry too much, can't see myself getting hooked (although I also bought a secondhand psvr as I was curious - haven't hooked it up yet as have to make it look like I bought it later after I see Santa delivered the ps4)

I am hoping the move controllers will be a lot easier to use.

Also think the little boy is finding fifa hard to play. Far too complicated.

Luckily he has minecraft too, and a star wars lego game. Will have to look out for simpler games for the kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I started on a ZX81 and still playing video games. Never leaves you imo.

I also played games on a ZX81. Well I say games, I have steered a * between a couple of lines of #, think it was a skiing game.

I find the games and consoles now absolutely amazing in terms of quality and realism, but still no interest in playing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,020 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Folks, quick question for ye all. Had the extended family over yesterday and a nephew brought over a game with him, knowledge is power. The gang had a bit of a laugh so I went to purchase it earlier for my tribe on the store. Paid for it but when I go to the dashboard, it’s asking me to insert disc. I know the game did not actually download, so I’m just a bit stumped. :o any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

dodzy wrote: »
    Folks, quick question for ye all. Had the extended family over yesterday and a nephew brought over a game with him, knowledge is power. The gang had a bit of a laugh so I went to purchase it earlier for my tribe on the store. Paid for it but when I go to the dashboard, it’s asking me to insert disc. I know the game did not actually download, so I’m just a bit stumped. :o any suggestions?
    The disc version of the game is installed on your PS4. Delete that version then download it from the PS Store.

Yep came in on a Spectrum 48K best Christmas present ever along with Manic Miner oh does where the days :D
    Just picked up today a PSVR to continue my gaming journey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Was addicted to Manic Miner and Jet Set Willy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

The Witcher 3 for 14.99 on the PS Store is an absolute gem :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Has anyone else gotten this on their PS4 dashboards today?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/12/28/sonys-destiny-2-ps4-dashboard-ad-is-a-dirty-trick-and-it-may-get-worse/#2a351f3e37ad

I did, and I thought it was bizarre. I’m not particularly arsed by it, you get all forms of sly baked-in ads on all sorts of web-based services these days. However, I don’t see how Sony or Bungie could benefit from this. Knowing the out-spoken gamer community, they’re likely to get more bad press from it than what it’s worth...

Me. I just deleted it and got on with playing PES. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement