Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

You can turn it off in the settings under Automatic Downloads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Nailz wrote: »
    Has anyone else gotten this on their PS4 dashboards today?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/12/28/sonys-destiny-2-ps4-dashboard-ad-is-a-dirty-trick-and-it-may-get-worse/#2a351f3e37ad

I did, and I thought it was bizarre. I’m not particularly arsed by it, you get all forms of sly baked-in ads on all sorts of web-based services these days. However, I don’t see how Sony or Bungie could benefit from this. Knowing the out-spoken gamer community, they’re likely to get more bad press from it than what it’s worth...

Me. I just deleted it and got on with playing PES. :)

There is a setting to turn that off. Been there a few years.
    Not sure why it's making news again. Sony may be making a push for more dashboard ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

There is a setting to turn that off. Been there a few years.
    Not sure why it's making news again. Sony may be making a push for more dashboard ads.

Yeah I remember being horrified at some CoD game showing up on my dash a few years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Has anyone got Prey on the PS4 Pro?
    The controls are brutal. I cannot aim property and it feels like I've a lot of lag with the controller.
    I've messed with the settings but I cannot get anything comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

NIMAN wrote: »
    I don't think I'll need to worry too much, can't see myself getting hooked (although I also bought a secondhand psvr as I was curious - haven't hooked it up yet as have to make it look like I bought it later after I see Santa delivered the ps4)

I am hoping the move controllers will be a lot easier to use.

Also think the little boy is finding fifa hard to play. Far too complicated.

Luckily he has minecraft too, and a star wars lego game. Will have to look out for simpler games for the kids.

Try Ratchet and Clank. It's a blast and lots of fun for you and the young lad, easy to pick up and play, really nice colourful graphics and a nice feel to it. Our lads loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

You can turn it off in the settings under Automatic Downloads

That’s mad, it’s the first time I’ve ever gotten it, and it’s not as if I’d changed any settings since... I’ll just switch it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Has anyone got Prey on the PS4 Pro?
    The controls are brutal. I cannot aim property and it feels like I've a lot of lag with the controller.
    I've messed with the settings but I cannot get anything comfortable.

That’s how I found the demo (also on the Pro). Needless to say that was enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,425 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I can see the fuss with HZD, unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 11,425 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Try Ratchet and Clank. It's a blast and lots of fun for you and the young lad, easy to pick up and play, really nice colourful graphics and a nice feel to it. Our lads loved it.

Also Rayman

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nailz wrote: »
    That’s mad, it’s the first time I’ve ever gotten it, and it’s not as if I’d changed any settings since... I’ll just switch it off.

This talk is bringing back memories of Singstar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Where would be the cheapest place to pick up a DS4 ? they seem to be the bones of 50 quid everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone played skyrim via remote play? A lot of my gaming is done via my vita these days but some games translate to it better than others and was hoping skyrim might be one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Has anyone played skyrim via remote play? A lot of my gaming is done via my vita these days but some games translate to it better than others and was hoping skyrim might be one of them

I haven't played it via remote play, but from what I know it's excellent. Bethesda did a similar job to it as for Fallout 4 and optimised the control map for the Vita, i.e. smart use of the touchscreen, sprint mapped to the down button, not used of the back touchpad.

Here's a photo of the control layout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

CastorTroy wrote: »
    This talk is bringing back memories of Singstar

The main issue with Singstar was that it couldn't be removed. If this is an avenue that Sony are going to go down again then I am done with them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone played hob? any good?

• So going to be continuing my Grounded+ playthrough of TLOU on my new PS4 Pro :)

Not sure which video mode to play in though. Have a 4K HDR TV so was thinking the higher res mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I’ve a first gen ps4 and recently it’s become unplayable as it keeps ejecting any disc I put in. Is there any way to fix this myself or do I have to buy a new one?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,459 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Give Sony a ring. They will repair it for a price.

Kind of ridiculous. My PS4 does the same, randomly ejecting discs mid game or turning itself on to eject a disc. Another badly made Sony console :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

hefferboi wrote: »
    I’ve a first gen ps4 and recently it’s become unplayable as it keeps ejecting any disc I put in. Is there any way to fix this myself or do I have to buy a new one?
    Try this if it's ejecting the disc every once in a while.

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/get-help/help-library/system---hardware/disc-drive---ports/ps4--disc-ejecting-itself/

If it's stuck on the eject cycle do this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1tea5q/friendly_reminder_to_rebuild_your_database_every/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I had the eject problem in the last couple of months before upgrading to the Pro. What worked for me was unplugging the console for a few minutes and wiping it down with a microfiber cloth, guess it was static electricity. It’d keep reoccurring though over time.

Ah well, it’s CEX’s problem now. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,815 ✭✭✭✭Penn

My OG PS4 was doing the same. Every few weeks turn itself on and keep ejecting (or trying to eject) the disk. I actually found having the console upright greatly reduced how often it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Had the same issue for a while, first make sure there is airflow around the console, also check the vents over time they can get blocked by dust accumulation and physically stopping airflow.

sony support also suggested powering off the console fully and then removing the power cable for 10 minutes before restarting console.

Also a lot of people seem to anectodectly have solved the problem by either standing the console on its side rather than being flat, or by using risers to get clearance for increased air flow and prevent build up of heat.

Lastly contact Sony support, if it is an OG console it's most likely out of warranty but I have seen some people on the sony forums claim they recieved a free repair as a goodwill gesture, worth a try as a last resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Damien360

There is a simpler fix on my one. The eject button rolls around the base of the ps4 (try it, you can eject by putting your finger under the switch). I put a couple of pencils under it along its length, used Blutac to keep them in place, and it raised the console enough to prevent the random ejects.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I've the same problem, I'm saving for pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I must be one of the lucky ones. Haven't noticed any issues with mine since release. No random ejects or self powering. And it's not as if it hasn't gotten much use either.

self powering.

It came on itself there one night while I was asleep , freighted the life out of me !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

It came on itself there one night while I was asleep , freighted the life out of me !

Can imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

If i have the disc based standard version of a game and i buy a deluxe version on the store,which includes the base game,would i have to delete the disc version of the game and install the store version?

Reason im wondering is i might have a mate to play the game with and i could just give him the disc version. He wouldnt have the DLC but still least he would have the base game for free

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

EoinHef wrote: »
    If i have the disc based standard version of a game and i buy a deluxe version on the store,which includes the base game,would i have to delete the disc version of the game and install the store version?

Yes.
    Had disc version of Horizon and bought game off store, had to delete disc version in order to download store version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

F1ngers wrote: »
    Yes.
    Had disc version of Horizon and bought game off store, had to delete disc version in order to download store version.

Cheers,went ahead and deleted the disc version. Downloading the store version now. Thought i saw someone here ask it before,think you answered too:P Wouldnt have thought it a thing otherwise

Save a bit of time,nothing worse than gearing up for a session and one in the party needs and update/download etc PITA

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement