Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Damien360 wrote: »
    There is a simpler fix on my one. The eject button rolls around the base of the ps4 (try it, you can eject by putting your finger under the switch). I put a couple of pencils under it along its length, used Blutac to keep them in place, and it raised the console enough to prevent the random ejects.

Pretty much exactly what I did except there's also a little rubber bit under, I took that off and put a few jenga blocks under it, worked a treat hasn't happened at all in about a year where it was happening constantly

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

You can sign up for new 5.05 firmware beta now and select if you would like to be included in all future beta tests.

No features announced yet, they will have something soon.

https://beta.software.eu.playstation.com/en-gb/ps4beta

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've some actually good customer service from Sony.

Impulse bought Metal Slug Anthology on PSN. Turned out it was the PS2 version. The European one at that which runs at 50 Hz and is near unplayable. Not entitled to a refund as I downloaded it and played it for a minute. Chanced my arm and Sony refunded me within a day. Relatively hassle free.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I've some actually good customer service from Sony.

Impulse bought Metal Slug Anthology on PSN. Turned out it was the PS2 version. The European one at that which runs at 50 Hz and is near unplayable. Not entitled to a refund as I downloaded it and played it for a minute. Chanced my arm and Sony refunded me within a day. Relatively hassle free.

Sounds like an employee error like the guy who unintentionally called in a false nuke alert on Hawaii last week. I'd expect Sony to put them on administrative leave.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Sounds like an employee error like the guy who unintentionally called in a false nuke alert on Hawaii last week. I'd expect Sony to put them on administrative leave.

No it wasn't an error. The email states that ordinarily they can't refund me as I've downloaded and played the game but as good will they refunded my wallet.

I'd only played the game for a less than a minute before I realised the game was garbage so they probably checked that to see I wasn't pulling the piss.

I've had some bad experiences with PS support with it comes to hardware issues but this case I have to hand it to them for sorting it out hassle free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Bought a pair of Marley Bluetooth headphones to use with the VR, switched them on, ps4 seen them, then when I tried to pair it says doesn't recognise headphones.

What could I be doing wrong?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

NIMAN wrote: »
    Bought a pair of Marley Bluetooth headphones to use with the VR, switched them on, ps4 seen them, then when I tried to pair it says doesn't recognise headphones.

As far as I know, bluetooth headsets are not supported.

You need to use a USB or wired set.

F1ngers wrote: »
    As far as I know, bluetooth headsets are not supported.

You need to use a USB or wired set.

What a balls, I got a pair to get rid of the wired ones on the VR.

Didn't I see Sony wireless headphones advertised, aren't they wireless? If so, how do they work?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

It says it comes with a USB adapter you plug into the console. Then you use them wirelessly.

• Advertisement

mad muffin wrote: »
    It says it comes with a USB adapter you plug into the console. Then you use them wirelessly.

Thanks.

The more I think about it, my headphones show up on the PS4 screen, complete with their name.

So the PS4 can detect a BT signal from them, wonder why they don't support BT?

Thanks.

The more I think about it, my headphones show up on the PS4 screen, complete with their name.

So the PS4 can detect a BT signal from them, wonder why they don't support BT?

There seems to be 4 bluetooth channels and they are reserved for 4 controllers.
    That's what I figure by searching for a few mins - not looking too deep into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Yea, you need the dongle for the signal. Any old Bluetooth headphones won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

The 3d sound doesn't work over Bluetooth or something like that. The ps4 headset has a aux socket on it I'm guessing this can be used to plug into the socket on the psvr headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

No way those aren't over €250

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Varik wrote: »
    No way those aren't over €250

$110 in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

A PSN voucher on the back...

That's... a bit tacky.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Grayditch wrote: »
    A PSN voucher on the back...

That's... a bit tacky.

Yup that’s the only thing that made those trainers look tacky :pac:

Is there a 3.5mm connection on them, most Bluetooth headphones still have a port for it. You just need to connect it to the Dual shock controller.

If you want Bluetooth so no need for a controller you can buy all sort of transmitters. Preferably ones that aren't USB as they are hit and miss with the PS4.

As your TV likely doesn't have Bluetooth you should go got one that will connect to it so you get everything off the TV not just the PS4. So see if your TV has a headphone jack or optical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Is psn down?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Is psn down?

http://bfy.tw/6jAr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Have you always been a wanker?

Don’t answer that. We all know the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Started being weird for me since the latest OS update,5.05 i think?

Friends list is not showing 90% of the time since i updated. May just be conincidense though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just noticed tonight, thought all my friends had collectively deleted me but then realised they're nowhere near that co-ordinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

PSN havin a mare tonight,no friends list,friends cant get online,no parties.

Think i just about logged in before the major issues as i can play online anyway,just cant party up or see friends in game or on PSN

Think I'll stay logged in over-night, just in case. :pac:

Been playing a PC cross play game so not noticed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone else getting “PSN undergoing maintenance” this evening? Service status says things are fine but I’m not able to sign in. Odd.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement