Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Titanfall 2 worth 14.99 for single player only?

It's about 6½ hours according to HowLongToBeat.com.

I'd say borrow, rent or trade it. It's a great campaign, but I'm not sure I'll revisit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Try clearing the DNS cache for that, from the command prompt type ipconfig /flushdns I used to get that all the time in similar situations.

Sadly I don't think there is a way to fully clear the cache on the Playstation and I cant find a setting to forget wifi :(
    Any advice ?

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

byrner88 wrote: »
    Hi all . looking at buying at Ps4 . possibly a 1Tb console . anyone know of any good deals at the moment . preferably one that comes with a game

Deals seem to be thin on the ground after Christmas but Amazon have:

Sony PlayStation 4 FIFA 18 1 TB with FIFA 18 - £259.85

or

Sony PlayStation 4 Pro 1 TB, White - £349.99

Personally I would go for the standard version as my TV upgrade is some years away yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Had it finished in 3 sittings. Even though short its very enjoyable. I paid €25 for it,played the SP and about 10hr of MP. Was worth every penny for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

byrner88 wrote: »
    Hi all . looking at buying at Ps4 . possibly a 1Tb console . anyone know of any good deals at the moment . preferably one that comes with a game

€339 for the Pro on Amazon Germany

https://www.amazon.de/PlayStation-Pro-Konsole-1TB-B-Chassis/dp/B0777VJGZD/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1518007220&sr=1-2&keywords=ps4+pro&dpID=31AETiThx-L&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Can you do multiplayer? SP is great, but MP is brilliant.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Can you do multiplayer? SP is great, but MP is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I think it's worth it for SP alone tbh, if you enjoy the MP after that it's a bonus!

Great campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, really clever and engaging single player. it was a nice surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just see it on the PSN offer. Not a fan of online multiplayer which is why I'm not interested in that side of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is NBA Live 18 any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Been playing a lot of DriveClub lately, after picking it and all the extensions up in the PSN sale months ago. It's so much fun! Favourite driving game since possibly Burnout 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Been playing a lot of DriveClub lately, after picking it and all the extensions up in the PSN sale months ago. It's so much fun! Favourite driving game since possibly Burnout 2.

Possibly one of the best driving games ever to be fair. It was such a pity they messed up the launch so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

With the extras AND the Bike expansion it came to under €20. Ridiculously good value. I've pumped hours into the single player and have heaps of events to do. Haven't even touched Bike mode yet. Massively recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is NBA Live 18 any good?

I loved it, absolutely worth the tenner for the career mode alone that had you choose your playtime between NBA and Street ball. The Street ball was great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I’m probably way too late for this but does anyone have a spare beta code? Just found out about supersampling which is something that’s perfect for my current setup (Pro but no 4K TV).

martyos121 wrote: »
    I’m probably way too late for this but does anyone have a spare beta code? Just found out about supersampling which is something that’s perfect for my current setup (Pro but no 4K TV).

Not sure if the codes I posted on the last page were used. Should have done the pm thing .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Not sure if the codes I posted on the last page were used. Should have done the pm thing .

First one worked alright, cheers! :)

Any idea when it starts?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

martyos121 wrote: »
    First one worked alright, cheers! :)

Any idea when it starts?

Download it now, it's in updates section of the xmb.

I loved it, absolutely worth the tenner for the career mode alone that had you choose your playtime between NBA and Street ball. The Street ball was great fun.

Might give it a shot so, would you say the gameplay is easier or harder to get used to than the 2K games? 2K16 was the only basketball game I've played since the PS2 days and found it very hard when it came to defending.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Of the 3 Codes for some reason the first one was already used.

Here's the 1 remaining

MLKX GQNQ L4EP

Just used that last one, cheers!

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Might give it a shot so, would you say the gameplay is easier or harder to get used to than the 2K games? 2K16 was the only basketball game I've played since the PS2 days and found it very hard when it came to defending.

Definitely easier control scheme. Defending can still be tricky but there's a few YouTube videos with tips on how to defend. Much easier going than 2k. I loved 2k, got it every year except 18, they got way too greedy. In live it was a nice change to go through career upgrading your character with out them looking for you to spend real money.

As a whole game, definitely not as deep as 2k but I had more fun playing it than the last 3 2k's combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Had such trouble with 2K16 (PS plus one?), never played one before and no interest in basketball, but got it from Plus and gave it a go. Went through the tutorials and then spent 20 minutes googling jumping kick off thing (space jam was about as interested in basketball I ever got)

Definitely easier control scheme. Defending can still be tricky but there's a few YouTube videos with tips on how to defend. Much easier going than 2k. I loved 2k, got it every year except 18, they got way too greedy. In live it was a nice change to go through career upgrading your character with out them looking for you to spend real money.

As a whole game, definitely not as deep as 2k but I had more fun playing it than the last 3 2k's combined.

The only mode I really played was myCareer really, and the whole VC thing was very annoying, so delighted to hear it's not like that in Live. Think I'll pick it so, can't really go wrong for a tenner anyway, Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

2 PS4 OS Beta codes here. Fill yer boots:

9BED ARNG F76D

87M4 7KNR KXDJ

2 PS4 OS Beta codes here. Fill yer boots:

9BED ARNG F76D

87M4 7KNR KXDJ

Thanks I used the 2nd one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

2 more Beta codes:

LTCF 3RNB 4DKB

KAQX 5FNJ TQ4T

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

What's in the beta, anything worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Super sampling for pro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

infacteh wrote: »
    2 more Beta codes:

LTCF 3RNB 4DKB

KAQX 5FNJ TQ4T

Nabbed the 1st one of these. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement