Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

infacteh wrote: »
    2 more Beta codes:

LTCF 3RNB 4DKB

KAQX 5FNJ TQ4T

used the second, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Playing a game called War Thunder which has name tags over players and some other text on the UI as well as when you get kills and such, and the supersamling is really noticeable (in a good way) for text.

Not to mention how crisp everything in general looks, especially around edges.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Here's some codes for anyone who wants to try the beta.

TJPK DNT ABQK

HK3K 98NA RCFB

The main thing I like about it, is being able to delete all notifications again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Here's some codes for anyone who wants to try the beta.

TJPK DNT ABQK

HK3K 98NA RCFB

The main thing I like about it, is being able to delete all notifications again.

The second one is gone, but the first one is missing a letter! Can I haz it pwease? (need to check this forum more often!)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

The second one is gone, but the first one is missing a letter! Can I haz it pwease? (need to check this forum more often!)

PM'd it to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Beta Codes:

ATBR 8NNM 56DP

GKHN 43N4 4E2N

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

DanC90 wrote: »
    Beta Codes:

ATBR 8NNM 56DP

GKHN 43N4 4E2N

Thanks, grabbed the second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

What the heck is going on with PSN. Down again. I'm off today too. I could go outside but it's dark and looks cold.

Beta Codes:
    7DC7 3CNA BKJP
    TLBB QLN4 3X7F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Prices on PS4's have been terrible lately. I want to pick up a PS4 or PS4 Pro but everywhere now seems to be around €300 for the basic console alone! What happened to all those amazing €250 deals with a few games that always seemed to be around last year....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Iiirc a lot of those deals were amazon wearhouse deals,keep an eye on there for one with damaged packaging.

Hopefully someone else will chime in and comfirm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Argos used to have great bundles at good prices as well, as did Game (and not just around Christmas) but everywhere seems to be expensive....the Xbox by comparison still have great value bundles being offered everywhere.

It won't get used a whole lot so I'm slow to shell out €300 for one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

There was a lot of Black Friday deals on consoles last year but I don't know if there were a huge amount of deals outside of that really.

I got mine on Warehouse Deals for about €185 for a 1tb iirc - the only issue with being a missing outer cardboard sleeve, the rest of the packaging was intact and everything inside was untouched. It's about keeping a close eye on the deals as they get snapped up pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,424 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Rainbow Six Siege
    Play for free February 15th – 20th
    on PS4, Xbox One or PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Anyone have any idea of where the cheapest deal for a PS4 would be in Dublin these days? Just moved home from abroad...wouldnt mind picking one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I've two codes for the PS4 5.5 beta if anyone wants one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I've also got 2 codes for the PS4 beta.

So the COD4 remaster is €3 more expensive in this sale than the game it was supposed to be a bonus for. Id love to buy it but the fact there gouging and double dipping selling the map packs again i wont be getting it. Activision really are a scummy bunch

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone else having problems downloading updates in rest mode? Happened a few weeks ago where I came out of rest to find the update started again. Thought it was a glitch but happened again there . I checked and I have stay connected to internet checked in power settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems downloading updates in rest mode? Happened a few weeks ago where I came out of rest to find the update started again. Thought it was a glitch but happened again there . I checked and I have stay connected to internet checked in power settings.

Happens to me as well, it's head wrecking.

EoinHef wrote: »
    So the COD4 remaster is €3 more expensive in this sale than the game it was supposed to be a bonus for. Id love to buy it but the fact there gouging and double dipping selling the map packs again i wont be getting it. Activision really are a scummy bunch

So the missus saw me eyeing this the other night and decided to buy it for me,god dammit does she not know how scummy activision are?!?:P

Anyway,played a few levels last night of the SP. Just as good as i remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to ignore MW2 remastered. Did anyone play COD4 remastered online on the PS4? Just wondering was there much of a community - easy to get games etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,424 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Ratchet and Klank and Bloodborne are ps+ games for next month apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I started using Spotify today but am having trouble running it with the ps4.

It works fine I’m so far as it plays but when I hit the home button whilst playing a game it suspends said game booting me out of online lobbies/game etc..

What I want it to do if this is even possible is to cut the games music/soundtrack and play whatever I’m playing on Spotify. But at the moment when I do that it cuts out the games sound effects etc, we’ll all of it. It mutes the game and plays Spotify which is a pain.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

It works fine I’m so far as it plays but when I hit the home button whilst playing a game it suspends said game booting me out of online lobbies/game etc..

What I want it to do if this is even possible is to cut the games music/soundtrack and play whatever I’m playing on Spotify. But at the moment when I do that it cuts out the games sound effects etc, we’ll all of it. It mutes the game and plays Spotify which is a pain.

Any ideas?

Sounds like it has to be programmed into the game to be honest. Some games are smart and do as you described, the last couple of Pro Evo games are an example of that.

However, I can't see how it's possible outside of a developer update.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Nailz wrote: »
    Sounds like it has to be programmed into the game to be honest. Some games are smart and do as you described, the last couple of Pro Evo games are an example of that.

However, I can't see how it's possible outside of a developer update.

Well that’s a pain in the hole. I like listening to the in game music in some games like Doom for example but seriously some others are just beyond ****.

Listening to Rage Against the Machine whilst playing whatever would be nice.

Ps... I had the game volume down on Destiny 2. Is working with it now. Will try Gran Turismo in a while. It’s one I’m dying to play my own music on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Any ideas?

The way I work it with all games is to start Spotify first, then start your game and turn down the music in game, leaving the sound effects up. You can't enter the Spotify app again without suspending the game, so holding down the PS button to change volume and skip tracks etc without causing a suspension / online boot.

You also might be able to control what's playing on PS4 via your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

New update out for GT Sport adding more tracks, cars and events. The Mustang and charger look savage. Getting more and more tempting to pick this up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    New update out for GT Sport adding more tracks, cars and events. The Mustang and charger look savage. Getting more and more tempting to pick this up.

You should.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement