Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Sony have announced that it will be re-structuring this year to focus more on 1st party titles.
    Not sure what this will mean exactly as I think they are great at releasing decent quality games that are not like the norm.
    I just hope they invest in new 1st party IP rather than just pumping out sequels (don't think I wanna see another Uncharted for a good few years).

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2018/03/01/sony-is-restructuring-to-focus-more-on-first-party-games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

So, I have a base PS4. I used to have a 49” 1080P LG LED TV. However, at the moment I’m using a friends old HD Ready (2006) tv - which is an absolute balls.

I plan on getting a new 4K TV in the next 2 months along with a Pro but in the meantime, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for games that are grand on a HD Ready tv? Basically, am I right to assume that I’d be better off leaving Horizon ZD, Uncharted Lost Legacy etc until I get a 4K and a Pro?

A 720 tv would not do those games any justice.

Any games that would? I haven’t played in over a year so there’s quite a bit I’ve missed. Looking for a singe player game ala AC Origins style etc.

Again, would Origins be **** on a 720 32”?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

AC: Freedom Cry is basically an expansion of Black Flag. Should be fine on 720p. Even Watch Dogs 2 would be fine.

Lots of PS4 games run at 900p so it’s not the end of the world. HZD, AC: Origins etc make great use of HDR so that’s more important than resolution.

Have you a computer? Could always plug the PS4 into the monitor might be less offensive on the eyes but perhaps smaller screen. I do all my gaming on a 27'' monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Anyone any recommendations for an external hard drive for the ps4? My 500gb slim is full and just looking to expand the memory.

• Advertisement

The small Seagate ones in Argos do the job, no external power source needed. Been using them on my Xbox One and TV box for the last 3 years.

Worth shopping around for best price on those though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Playing games would be grand on a 720P screen. Most games don't run at 1080p anyway. Now, it depends on the screen - you might have a significantly worse gaming experience due to other factors with such an old TV (response time, etc), but the resolution isn't that big a deal at all.

Especially considering a HD ready screen from 2006 is probably just 32", there's nothing to be worried about. Compared to, say, a PS4 Pro at 1080p, the regular PS4 would be a big step down on either 1080 or 720p, but just comparing a base PS4 at 1080 and 720, it's pretty minimal - again, notwithstanding that other features of the TV might be poor.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Have you a computer? Could always plug the PS4 into the monitor might be less offensive on the eyes but perhaps smaller screen. I do all my gaming on a 27'' monitor.

If you play with a monitor though, how did you connect speakers?

If you play with a monitor though, how did you connect speakers?

Many monitors come with 3.5mm jack for headphones/speakers , I've a set of creative gigaworks t40 speakers connected to my monitor. They have an Aux port too so I can get audio from my PC at the same time without having to mess around with cables.

You can also get monitors with built in speakers but you can imagine how good those are.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Many monitors come with 3.5mm jack for headphones/speakers , I've a set of creative gigaworks t40 speakers connected to my monitor. They have an Aux port too so I can get audio from my PC at the same time without having to mess around with cables.

You can also get monitors with built in speakers but you can imagine how good those are.

Does it have a second hdmi so can switch between ps4 and pc?

• Advertisement

Does it have a second hdmi so can switch between ps4 and pc?

Yeah but I also have and Xbox in the mix as well as the PC so I needed 3 ports so I'm using a 3 port HDMI switch I got in tesco for about 20 quid , no power supply needed.

The way I'm set up is at a desk PC with dual display, when I'm gaming the PC display goes to the left screen.(which has no speakers or anything else connected to it) the reason I use the AUX port on the creative speakers for PC audio is otherwise the speakers will only play the currently connected HDMI source on the main screen which would be PS4 or Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is there's any alternate to that game credit site? Or Is it just down for the night

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is there's any alternate to that game credit site? Or Is it just down for the night

Saw some chat about it on the xbox forum think it's been down a few days now. You mean to buy with phone credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Saw some chat about it on the xbox forum think it's been down a few days now. You mean to buy with phone credit?

Yeah, is there another site that does that?

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Yeah, is there another site that does that?

buygame credit and the hmv one were run by the same company not sure if there are others.

Is there any way to turn off the notification you sometimes get about game recording being paused during cutscenes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Yup, Settings > Notifications. Only found that out myself yesterday, it's pretty rampant in Ratchet and Clank.

Yup, Settings > Notifications. Only found that out myself yesterday, it's pretty rampant in Ratchet and Clank.

Ha yeah thats what I'm playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

What’s the deal with memory error 1 1205? Keep gett8ng it on cod wwii on the PS4 pro :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

https://community.callofduty.com/t5/World-War-II-General-Discussion/Memory-Error-1-1205/td-p/10655415

It's been all over their forums since January. You may need to google it, not sure there's an easy fix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

gimli2112 wrote: »
    https://community.callofduty.com/t5/World-War-II-General-Discussion/Memory-Error-1-1205/td-p/10655415

It's been all over their forums since January. You may need to google it, not sure there's an easy fix

Looks like it’s on the server side? Doesn’t look like there’s anything I can do on my side. Didn’t look like the developer is talking about it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I can't help but think that's all very superficial. When your big reveal start with this...
    One major feature that was included with the 5.50 update beta trial was the ability to customise the PS4 home screen with your own images from a USB stick.
    ...it doesn't exactly set the world alight.

Play Time Management, I think the Switch(!) has something like that already. Super sampling, the Xbox One X has had for a while. The rest, dare I say it, is just fluff.

Bit underwhelming for me.

Play Time Management,

I'd love that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

So I started to download Bloodborne and there wasn't enough space on the hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    So I started to download Bloodborne and there wasn't enough space on the hard drive.

i'm constantly deleting and reinstalling stuff off the hard drive. Once it's not dlc/digital heavy it doesn't seem to take that long.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Time for a bigger/external HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Only Bloodborne could make installing a game seem obscenely difficult!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Upgraded mine to a 2TB hard drive over a year ago, just so I could have games installed that I still never play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

jesus what are sony doing... heard today they are blocking cross play on fortnite, what an awful shame as i have friends on pc and xbox one i would love to play with on the ps4...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement