Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

jesus what are sony doing... heard today they are blocking cross play on fortnite, what an awful shame as i have friends on pc and xbox one i would love to play with on the ps4...

It is cross play with PC, just not Xbox which could be due to Tim Sweeney.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Xenji wrote: »
    It is cross play with PC, just not Xbox which could be due to Tim Sweeney.
    thats absolute madness. what is the issue with tim sweeney and who is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

A quick Google, provide an answer of him being the founder of Epic Games.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Did Sony pay for cross play functionality or what?
    I'm confused as to how Sony could demand Xbox not be part of the pool of cross players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Mr Sweeney WANTS crossplay between all the consoles, but for whatever reason Sony themselves do not, at least with MS and Nintendo. They are allowing PS4/PC crossplay with Paragon (another Epic Games Title) and Rocket League.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Google Tim Sweeney and Microsoft and just look at the first page of results.

sony trying to piss users off it seems. taking games away from psn in 2019 and now this.... very frustrating as a consumer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

taking games away from psn in 2019
    What games are they delisting?

sony trying to piss users off it seems. taking games away from psn in 2019 and now this.... very frustrating as a consumer

Really pissing people off, who do they think they are allowing PC users and PS4 users to play one against one another.

In all seriousness, I understand the reasons for Sony being hesitant to allow crossplay, especially in titles which are played by kids. If you open up games to all platforms then whose job is it to police it? You would need a shared Terms of Service policy and ToS team to police it which is very much something that would hold up the idea.

Evade wrote: »
    What games are they delisting?

They are not taking any games away. They made a decision to stop offering PS3 and Vita titles on PS+ from March of next year, that is all.

• Advertisement

Really pissing people off, who do they think they are allowing PC users and PS4 users to play one against one another.

In all seriousness, I understand the reasons for Sony being hesitant to allow crossplay, especially in titles which are played by kids. If you open up games to all platforms then whose job is it to police it? You would need a shared Terms of Service policy and ToS team to police it which is very much something that would hold up the idea.
    so its ok to allow cross play with pc but not xbox?

have a word darko will you...

it is bad... why allow with pc and not other platforms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

FAILSAFE is galloping to a computer as we speak…

They are not taking any games away. They made a decision to stop offering PS3 and Vita titles on PS+ from March of next year, that is all.
    so yes they are taking a few games we were getting with our psn subscriptions....

That sounds a lot less ominous.

anyone seen psvr cheap anywhere?

so its ok to allow cross play with pc but not xbox?

have a word darko will you...

it is bad... why allow with pc and not other platforms?

Are you privy to the background to this? Who said it was Sony who stopped cross-platform with MS in this instance, considering the creator of the game has a long hatred of all things MS. Also, from a ToS point of view, cross-platform PS4 and PC makes sense as the developer will be handling their own ToS aspects and may be able to work alongside Sony and offer access to their tools. With Xbox and PS4 there is no way that either party will allow the other access to their systems.
    so yes they are taking a few games we were getting with our psn subscriptions....

Taking games away from an almost decade and a half old console and a handled that has been dead for years. We have no idea what they will be offering in place, the quality of game for PS4 may skyrocket but I guess your time machine shows you all.

Are you privy to the background to this? Who said it was Sony who stopped cross-platform with MS in this instance, considering the creator of the game has a long hatred of all things MS. Also, from a ToS point of view, cross-platform PS4 and PC makes sense as the developer will be handling their own ToS aspects and may be able to work alongside Sony and offer access to their tools. With Xbox and PS4 there is no way that either party will allow the other access to their systems.

Taking games away from an almost decade and a half old console and a handled that has been dead for years. We have no idea what they will be offering in place, the quality of game for PS4 may skyrocket but I guess your time machine shows you all.
    that is your problem... sarcastic to the end... have a discussion without baiting or looking for a reaction, with that this conversation between us ends.... no thanks

With Xbox and PS4 there is no way that either party will allow the other access to their systems.

Clearly Microsoft are against the entire thing:
    https://twitter.com/xboxp3/status/909907901765922816

I'm all for Sony trimming the fat (I think PS+ was the only thing keeping the Vita from going completely dead). But look at it another way... if I own a PS3, and I have downloaded a few PS+ titles, I need to keep paying my PS+ subscription if I want to keep playing those games. With no new games coming down the line, seems like a raw deal.

But look at it another way... if I own a PS3, and I have downloaded a few PS+ titles, I need to keep paying my PS+ subscription if I want to keep playing those games. With no new games coming down the line.
    I think it would be nice if they let anyone who had a PS plus sub the day the PS3 games stop being supported keep their access but the more cynical side of me thinks this is the first step in turning off the PS3/Vita online service altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Another randoms Boards.ie tip!

You can click on a Boards users "Friends" under their avatar and get a good idea of what to expect from a user :)

This can save you time and energy dealing with intentional console war baiting :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Another randoms Boards.ie tip!

You can click on a Boards users "Friends" under their avatar and get a good idea of what to expect from a user :)

This can save you time and energy dealing with intentional console war baiting :cool:

Do people actually use that?

Varik wrote: »
    Do people actually use that?

Some people do.
    Just like the "Ignore" button, it's a feature thats there, people can use it if they chose to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Some people do.
    Just like the "Ignore" button, it's a feature thats there, people can use it if they chose to.

You get a benefit from ignore, what does being friends on Boards give you.

You yourself don't use it, but I get your point had a look and there they all are; the axis of stupid.

LIES! I do use it. My friends list is essentially who'll be groomsmen at my wedding. Such is its gravitas

lads i know failsafe from gaming with him on the xbox 360.... im on ps4 pro, switch and pc now

as for insults no need for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

lads i know failsafe from gaming with him on the xbox 360.... im on ps4 pro, switch and pc now

as for insults no need for that.

Exactly your a paragon of balanced discussion and absolutely never ever post constant negativity about Sony at any opportunity, in order to bait this forum all while being thanked by the same small circle of boyos.

Personally I think your the true victim here.
    Keep fighting the good fight

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Exactly your a paragon of balanced discussion and absolutely never ever post constant negativity about Sony at any opportunity, in order to bait this forum all while being thanked by the same small circle of boyos.

Personally I think your the true victim here.
    Keep fighting the good fight
    i personally dont

tbh im the biggest critic of ms as a whole this generation... sony has all the cards imo exclusives for me are everything and ms are just lacking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Did Sony pay for cross play functionality or what?
    I'm confused as to how Sony could demand Xbox not be part of the pool of cross players.

Just trying to deny their competitor. They know Xbox is very pro multiplatform.

Paying for Xbox to be excluded from cross platform functionality is a bit silly really and anti gamer.

They were making the game cross platform including Xbox until they announced their partnership with Sony yesterday.

Paying to exclude functionality to another platform for a title already launched is quite scummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Jaysus, this is a blast from the past.

Finally a reboot I can get behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Wouldn't crossplay on a shooter between console and kb+m be an exercise in futility or am I missing something?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement