Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Does this happen anyone else whereby when you boot up the ps4, a notification telling you a game that is no longer installed on you ps4 cannot be downloaded due to space? its happening with sniper elite 4 and ac origins, any ideas why this happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Penn wrote: »
    https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/xbox-cross-platform-fortnite

Simply all a misunderstanding it seems. Sony have not paid to exclude functionality from their competitors or anything of the sort.

Fortnite killed the deal with Sony. Which was the right thing to do. I am glad to see they took a few days to reflect on the deal and changed their minds given the negative feedback.

That was a great press release to help smooth things over with Xbox.

Good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Fortnite killed the deal with Sony. Which was the right thing to do.

Do you have a source that that's what happened, as opposed to it just being a misunderstanding as per what was said by Epic? A source that says that within two days of announcing the deal with Sony that Fortnite then killed the deal?

Because it's unlikely Fortnite would have announced such a deal with Sony without it being finalised, and even more unlikely that within two days they'd then renege on that deal and arrange everything required with Microsoft in order to make this announcement, especially at the risk of annoying Sony who have the much larger player base especially considering Xbox also has PUBG.

What's your basis for saying "Fortnite killed the deal with Sony"?

Penn wrote:
    Do you have a source that that's what happened, as opposed to it just being a misunderstanding as per what was said by Epic? A source that says that within two days of announcing the deal with Sony that Fortnite then killed the deal?

Clearly he's invites to MS meetings given how often he seems to have insights into how Sony are only out to screw their player base. Sony sing an exclusive deal and it's evil and anti gamer, MS do the same and it's them showing how much they care about Xbox players.

It's tiresome at this stage, the same few posters posting the same fanboy nonsense. I long for the single console market, simply to put an end to this kind of sad fanboyism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Clearly he's invites to MS meetings given how often he seems to have insights into how Sony are only out to screw their player base. Sony sing an exclusive deal and it's evil and anti gamer, MS do the same and it's them showing how much they care about Xbox players.

It's tiresome at this stage, the same few posters posting the same fanboy nonsense. I long for the single console market, simply to put an end to this kind of sad fanboyism.

Don't call them fan boys, you'll get reported by the gang of them and end up carded yourself.

Just report the posts as request by the mod a few posts back as they are apparently keeping an eye on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Don't call them fan boys, you'll get reported by the gang of them and end up carded yourself.

Just report the posts as request by the mod a few posts back as they are apparently keeping an eye on it.

If they were keeping an eye on it, the main culprit would be gone already. It’s lip service, there may be a yellow card at some point and it’ll all go back to normal in a few days with him baiting the whole forum.

Of course my post will probably be considered too controversial but in my experience, reporting and PMing mods doesn’t work so if I have to take a yellow, I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Does this happen anyone else whereby when you boot up the ps4, a notification telling you a game that is no longer installed on you ps4 cannot be downloaded due to space? its happening with sniper elite 4 and ac origins, any ideas why this happens?

Have a look at your download queue

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/download/queue

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Varik wrote: »
    Have a look at your download queue

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/download/queue

Cheers for that! Is it possible someone is piggybacking my account trying to download stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

Cheers for that! Is it possible someone is piggybacking my account trying to download stuff?
    You can log into your account on PC (and phone?) and see how many PS/3/4/P/Vitas can log into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I got one of those messages after updating the started software. I'd say it's just an issue with the update.

• Advertisement

Microsoft seem keen because it's in their best interests, but it's not in Sony's.

One of the main deciding factors in buying a console is determining which console your friends have so you can play online with then (especially when the consoles are so similar in most regards). Sony have sold a lot more consoles this gen than MS, which means people are more likely to buy the PS4 as they're more likely to have friends who have the PS4.

If Sony allowed crossplay between Xbox and PS4, all they'd be doing is helping MS and giving up one of the main reasons to own a PS4. It also means that if you do it for one game, gamers would then want you to do it for all games going forward, including when it comes to next gen. If you're trying to sell the PS5 to people including trying to get Xbox owners interested in it, why would they bother if they can still play with their PS-owning mates on their Xbox console?

I can absolutely see your point, and I've even made that same point to others; why would Sony, with their dominant position in the console market, give up one of their main advantages? They would only stand to lose from allowing cross-play to their main competitor. Logically, financially, corporately... it makes no sense to allow crossplay with their largest competitor.

But as a gamer, I hate that.

I can't help but feel like it's railroading people into buying a PlayStation. If you're allowing me to cross play with PC and mobile, why are you telling me I can't play with Xbox? Who are Sony to tell me who I can or can't play with? If you want me to buy this game on your platform, make your platform better than your competitor. That way I'll buy the game on your platform because it's a (smarter) choice, and not because of some artificial restriction.

However, I have also considered if the situation was reversed, would Microsoft be so happy to share? To be completely honest... I highly doubt it. As you've said, it's very easy for Microsoft to play the "let's all be friends" card, when they'd stand to benefit most from it.

In short, I can see the reasons why Sony and Microsoft are both doing what they're doing (and I'm not just talking about crossplay)... and I don't particularly like any of it.

But in fairness, business as usual for the video games industry....
    If it were considered anti-consumer, then all business decisions from having first-party exclusives, pay for exclusive content, or even offer games or dlc cheaper could all be considered anti-consumer.
    There's only one part here I'm having some trouble with - first party exclusives. I actually think that's fair game, and better for the individual game. I think seeing Zelda or Mario on PlayStation or Xbox would somehow dilute the experience; it would somehow feel less "pure".

The rest - timed exclusives, exclusive content and artificial limitations - when present in a multi-platform game, is just bad for all gamers.

Anyway, that's my 2c. I'll go back to lurking now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If you want me to buy this game on your platform, make your platform better than your competitor. That way I'll buy the game on your platform because it's a (smarter) choice, and not because of some artificial restriction.

The rest - timed exclusives, exclusive content and artificial limitations - when present in a multi-platform game, is just bad for all gamers.

But therein lies the business decisions behind them; timed exclusives and content is to try and make your platform better than the competitor, because in terms of the consoles themselves they will always be extremely similar in most respects. Timed exclusives and content is to attract more users to play on your console, make the player base on your console the biggest, and the more people play on the same console, the less important crossplay between consoles becomes because chances are most of your friends might be on the same platform as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any news on a boxing game being released?

Also what's the best tennis game currently available?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Any news on a boxing game being released?

No sign of any in the pipeline. Its quite sad. We have been starved this gen of boxing games.

How I miss them. I absolutely loved playing against 500 lbs beasts in multiplayer as a tiny Mexican with insane stamina :D

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭ECookie13

Does anyone know how or if its possible to get a refund for a digital game you bought online? Bought one of those cross platform games and didnt realise it was for PS3. I used wallet funds if it matters.

ECookie13 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how or if its possible to get a refund for a digital game you bought online? Bought one of those cross platform games and didnt realise it was for PS3. I used wallet funds if it matters.

Is it cross platform for PS3/vita while you wanted PS4 or thought it was cross platform including PS4.

Usually if you've not downloaded it they refund but only to wallet.

Is it cross platform for PS3/vita while you wanted PS4 or thought it was cross platform including PS4.

Usually if you've not downloaded it they refund but only to wallet.
    Thought it was cross platform!

Okay cool, its hard to find information on how to actually contact them however. Is there live chat by any chance?

Thought it was cross platform!

Okay cool, its hard to find information on how to actually contact them however. Is there live chat by any chance?

Live chat is the easiest and quickest, but you tend to have to call them for any account stuff such as anything that involves money or personal data.

Live chat is the easiest and quickest, but you tend to have to call them for any account stuff such as anything that involves money or personal data.

Do you happen to have the link for the live chat? I cant for the life of me find it on google or through the website. Thanks!

Do you happen to have the link for the live chat? I cant for the life of me find it on google or through the website. Thanks!

Won't show up when they're closed anymore.

• Advertisement

You'll need the phone for refunds in any case.

01 691 7379
    Mon-Sat 10:30 - 19:00

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

anyone of you playing fortnite? add me if you are please

mondo83

fortnite with the aim assist is awesome the pc version is so tough

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

No sign of any in the pipeline. Its quite sad. We have been starved this gen of boxing games.

How I miss them. I absolutely loved playing against 500 lbs beasts in multiplayer as a tiny Mexican with insane stamina :D

Absolutely! Been playing the ufc game which is good but it's no substitute for boxing.

Just had a look there's also no tennis game. Hard to believe that but they must be just focusing on the tried and trusted sports.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Dunno if this is new, but PS Now just appeared on my dashboard so seems like it's finally available in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Dunno if this is new, but PS Now just appeared on my dashboard so seems like it's finally available in Ireland

Ah cool. Must try it out now that my PS3 has been boxed away.

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/grid/STORE-MSF75508-PLAYSTATION_NOW/1

Had PS4 on and it wasn't there when I started the game but hit the PS button and there it is.

What are the subscription rates like for it.

15 quid a month it seems. Quite steep for what it is imo

Is there anywhere you can view a list of games online?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement