Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Had a browse through the catalog there, there’s a good selection to be fair. Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock Infinite, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Oblivion, Mafia 2 and GOW 3 Remastered are real highlights. There’s hundreds of hours of play between those alone, but I guess that’s where the subscription model makes its money, longer games like the Bethesda ones mentioned suit it very well indeed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

15 quid a month it seems. Quite steep for what it is imo

Is there a way to rent an individual game or do you have to take out a subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Any news on a boxing game being released?

Floyd is apparently working on one

Would love a new Fight Night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

What are the subscription rates like for it.

There is a 7 day trial option on the store. Useful to see the catalogue and also how well your internet can handle the streaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Dunno if this is new, but PS Now just appeared on my dashboard so seems like it's finally available in Ireland
    What are the subscription rates like for it.

Its a shame EA Access isnt available on PS4, it only costs about 20 quid for a year and theres a decent selection of games on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I've found the streaming quality of PS Now to be extremely poor.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Is there a way to rent an individual game or do you have to take out a subscription?

There's not, it's an all or nothing deal with ps now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I've found the streaming quality of PS Now to be extremely poor.

I've used it with the free trial on my US account ( can't explain how due to boards rules, just Google if your curious).

It streamed perfectly fine the odd dip every few hours for a few seconds. But I was happy with it, didn't sign up though as I have a huge backlog already to clear through.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Considering its a lot of older versions of games it’s not great value at €15 a mont

If you know you have some free time coming up and no other new games you want to play you could pump out a few of the decent games but the current catalgue doesn’t warrant a full time subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So for ps now, I see some games are 'only compatible with ps3' so I can't play then on my PS4? I thought it would be possible cuz you're just streaming? I really want to play red dead and Mafia 2 again. Also does the multiplayer in the last of us work or just the single player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Yeah you can play them on PS4 as far as I know. Not sure about Last of Us but i'd assume the online would work, you're streaming the game from a PS3 system so it should work.
    Edit: I misread that message Zero, maybe some games do just work with PS3, that is a bit stupid if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Any game I look at on ps now it just gives me a message saying that that game is no longer available.

Anybody experience similar ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    So for ps now, I see some games are 'only compatible with ps3' so I can't play then on my PS4? I thought it would be possible cuz you're just streaming? I really want to play red dead and Mafia 2 again. Also does the multiplayer in the last of us work or just the single player.

If you're going by what it says it's just the info from the original PSN download version. List all the old stuff such as saves and console licences as it used to be.
    Gyan84 wrote: »
    Any game I look at on ps now it just gives me a message saying that that game is no longer available.

Anybody experience similar ?

Did you sign up?

Got that when messing about without signing up to it.

Tried again there and gave me a connection test, which I passed and then asked to confirm subscription which I didn't get before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Varik wrote: »
    Did you sign up?

Got that when messing about without signing up to it.

No I didn't :o. I was expecting it to show me a price so I was confused.

Fifteen a month seems a bit steep to me but I suppose it'd be worth it if you had a week or two off and nothing specific to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I can get a connection but just don't like the idea of streaming games tbh. If I could download to play them is be all in (for about 2 months not 12 months) but if I play Red Dead for 15 hours or finish Heavy Rain how much internet data do I use :/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is the only way to exit the app is log out? I can't find an exit button and there's no option to close the app when I hold the PS button!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Thank **** there's a free trial for PS Now, coz I'd be kinda pissed if I had to pay 15 quid for it.

Most of the games I'd want to play I already own on PS3, or are available for a few quid second hand. That said, I've had no issues so far with streaming quality or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ERG89 wrote: »
    I can get a connection but just don't like the idea of streaming games tbh. If I could download to play them is be all in (for about 2 months not 12 months) but if I play Red Dead for 15 hours or finish Heavy Rain how much internet data do I use :/

Am I right in thinking this is the similar to Game Pass on Xbox but with Now you have to stream the game?

The good thing about Game Pass is you can download the game onto your console and play away so your not depending on the stream to play.

Game Pass is also only €10 a month compared to €15 for Now so it does seem a bit expensive, but comparing it to game rentals in the past its actually quite cheap. Xtravision were €10 per week for a game at one stage. It

I agree though that if you were off for a week or two it'd be €10/€15 well spent.

Edit: I meant to quote Gyan, not yourself ERG.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think 15 is okay if you plan on paying a specific game or 2 for a month. Anyone okay Mafia 2 or red dead yet? I see red dead online works but how does matchmaking work, can you join friends games or how does it work?

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking this is the similar to Game Pass on Xbox but with Now you have to stream the game?

The good thing about Game Pass is you can download the game onto your console and play away so your not depending on the stream to play.

Game Pass is also only €10 a month compared to €15 for Now so it does seem a bit expensive, but comparing it to game rentals in the past its actually quite cheap. Xtravision were €10 per week for a game at one stage. It

I agree though that if you were off for a week or two it'd be €10/€15 well spent.

Edit: I meant to quote Gyan, not yourself ERG.

You don't need a PlayStation console for Now.

Never looked over the library but when Red Dead got added a lot of PC gamer were happy to play it at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭traveller0101

You don't need a PlayStation console for Now.

How does that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

How does that work?

You can use it on a PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

So PS Now passes the Sony "Value for gamers" seal of approval but EA Access doesnt?

Pull the other one sony...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Does anyone know if/where you can pay for PSN vouchers with phone credit the days? HMV have stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

I cannot sign in to psn guys and have this different screen up. It does not give me the option to reset my password. Any help would be great. It started last night around 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Thanks Varik.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Grayditch wrote: »
    Does anyone know if/where you can pay for PSN vouchers with phone credit the days? HMV have stopped.

Had a quick search, and there doesn't appear to be anything for Ireland. It's possible to top up your PSN wallet in the UK using your phone, so maybe contact PlayStation Ireland to see if they do it here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Had a quick search, and there doesn't appear to be anything for Ireland. It's possible to top up your PSN wallet in the UK using your phone, so maybe contact PlayStation Ireland to see if they do it here?

Yeah, I'll give that a try. It's a shame it's gone down, I basically got a new game every 3/4 months from it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement