Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Grayditch wrote: »
    Yeah, I'll give that a try. It's a shame it's gone down, I basically got a new game every 3/4 months from it.

I used to get one every month :( topped up the wifes and mothers phones
    Now it feels wrong to buy games to add to the back log of games ill never play :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Heard a strange rumour today,Activision are gonna bring out CoD:MW 2 remaster thats not gonna include the multiplayer...if true that just boggles the mind:(

I bought CoD: MW remaster recently and ive enjoyed it. Can get a game handy and it holds up well enough. Its the better game imo anyway so theres zero point getting MW2 if it has no MP over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

11 useful features you might have missed in PS4 system software update 5.50

Unwanted or obsolete apps (like games alphas or betas) can now be hidden in the Purchased tab.

^ I like this one a lot.

I like this one:
    Notifications update

Management of notifications has been improved with the option to permanently delete old or unwanted notices. Push Triangle or select [Delete] from the Options Menu, choose the notifications that you don’t want to see anymore (there’s also “Select/Deselect All” for a quick clean up) and press “Delete”. Please note that the deletion is permanent, so think carefully before removing the notifications.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone here know how much it would cost to trade in a regular 500GB PS4 for a PS Pro at the likes of Gamestop or Smyths?

Getting a bit tired of the lack of space on the old PS4, if an upgrade doesnt cost too much id do that over getting an external hard drive as the 1TB would be more than enough id hope

• Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

CEX offer €148.00 cash or €185.00 voucher, so GameStop will be less than that. If you've a GameStop card though, you'll get extra credit for trading in, depending on the level of your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone here know how much it would cost to trade in a regular 500GB PS4 for a PS Pro at the likes of Gamestop or Smyths?

Getting a bit tired of the lack of space on the old PS4, if an upgrade doesnt cost too much id do that over getting an external hard drive as the 1TB would be more than enough id hope

There's an offer running against the limited edition God Of War Pro. Have a look in the PS4 Pro thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,422 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Any idea when the PSVR price drop will hit domestic retailers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Can you still use phone credit to buy psn credit? I see the normal site has closed down and with having to top up my phone 20 quid a month I was just looking to make use of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Red Faction Guerilla Re-Mars-tered edition coming to PC and consoles

Re-Mars-tered Features

Fully reworked graphics – Heavily reworked textures and graphic features adding for example specular maps.
    Improved shadow rendering
    Improved Lighting
    Shader & Postprocessing rework
    Native 4k support for the finest up to date mars destruction experience ever

https://thqnordic.com/article/red-faction-guerrilla-re-mars-tered-edition-coming-pc-and-consoles

duploelabs wrote: »
    Any idea when the PSVR price drop will hit domestic retailers?

Today!
    Red Faction Guerilla Re-Mars-tered edition coming to PC and consoles

Why don't they re-release the first 2 Red Factions, they were infinitely better than the subsequent 3rd person ones. Countless hours lost blasting a never ending hole in a wall in the first 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Why don't they re-release the first 2 Red Factions, they were infinitely better than the subsequent 3rd person ones. Countless hours lost blasting a never ending hole in a wall in the first 2!

They're already available on PS4.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    They're already available on PS4.

Remastered?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Remastered?

No, they're PS2 ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Wow. No Man's Sky is coming to Xbox One

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-03-29-no-mans-skys-next-big-update-arrives-this-summer-also-launching-on-xbox-one

I mean at this stage they'd have been better off working on updates for another year or two and releasing it as a sequel. Can't imagine too many Xbox players will go near it. It's kind of a tainted game at this stage just on the name alone. At least a sequel might get people willing to give it more a chance with a fresh start.

Glad to see they get the choice of buying it anyway.

I got about 80hrs out of it. From what ive seen from the updates im not sure its worth a revisit.

To conicide with the xbox release they are releasing an expansion though so just have to wait to see what that entails.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone know if the last of us on PS4 multiplayer progress is stored on their servers or part of the save file on your system?

Anyone know why i cant use the PS App and paypal to buy games anymore?

Keeps telling me i need to use a web browser but ive used the App many times for it in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I'm sure everyone has already done this but if not set up 2 step verification. I've had 3 codes sent to my phone in the last week with people apparently trying to log into my account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I'm sure everyone has already done this but if not set up 2 step verification. I've had 3 codes sent to my phone in the last week with people apparently trying to log into my account

Doesn't that mean they know your password, you don't get asked for 2 step code unless they get the password right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Varik wrote: »

Doesn't that mean they know your password, you don't get asked for 2 step code unless they get the password right.

Very true. Crap, need to change my password

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Good job on having 2SV/2FA set up, it’s incredible the amount of people who have their accounts purged and moan about it despite having the means to stop it.

Be sure to change the same password on other services as well, you’d never know how it could snowball!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Check if any other site might be compromised that would have had that password.

https://haveibeenpwned.com

So the new God of War is getting great reviews, and now I want to get it. :D

Would I need to play the previous games first? And how far back would I need to go?

I'm considering God Of War Collection on the PS3, and/or God Of War III Remastered on the PS4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Would I need to play the previous games first? And how far back would I need to go?

I'm considering God Of War Collection on the PS3, and/or God Of War III Remastered on the PS4.

I don't think so. I played the two on PSP and God of War 3 and Ascension and they're basically Pissed off Kratos beats several shades of shíte out of corrupt gods with lots of rinsing and repeating. Story? I'm sure there's one about him being angry and pissed off the whole time but I can't say I paid much attention to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

No, this game is essentially a new branch of the story so as to be a new starting point for the franchise. You're unlikely to miss anything story-related as I'm sure they'll likely have a bit of exposition to recap who Kratos is and what happened in the previous games that are important to know for those who never played them. Plus the gameplay is now very different from the previous games.

That said, GOW2 and 3 are really enjoyable games regardless. The scale of GOW2 particularly considering it was a PS2 game is unreal. I actually did enjoy the story in them, simplistic and formulaic as they were. But GOW3 essentially ended that story and now the new GOW is years later and based on Norse mythology rather than Greek, so I'd say at best you could probably watch a Youtube recap of the main story bits from the previous games and you'd be well caught up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With the gamestop offer I was pricing around for games to trade in. If Last of Us was in my local argos it would mean God of War for under €40

Even if you play this one first you should really do yourself a favour and play the older titles once you're done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

All the old ones are on PSnow if that's any use to ya

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement