Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Is there a free version as well?

No.
    Just the one version that I could find.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

It was intially announced as H1Z1 F2P,you could also pay for early acces which was €20 but on release the game would be F2P.

Along the way they created battle royal mode.

After this they decided to split the game up and it would no longer be F2P on release. The two versions were called:
    H1Z1:Just Survive (survival,base building,PvP)
    H1Z1: King of the Kill (Battle Royale mode)

You were supposed to be able to get both for €20 each so id assume that €32 PS+ version has both. Id have to check though

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

F1ngers wrote: »
    No.
    Just the one version that I could find.

Ah I'd say the 'pre-order' gives you a ton of resources, found where I saw there was a free to play version.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/04/24/free-to-play-battle-royale-shooter-h1z1-enters-open-beta-on-ps4-next-month/

https://www.h1z1.com/PlayStation4

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

SEGA/Capcom Humble Bundle. US Account required

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/capcom-sega-psn?hmb_source=humble_home&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_1_layout_type_twos_tile_index_2

PWYW

Dead Rising 1 (PS4)
    Dustforce (Vita)
    Crazy Taxi (PS3)
    Super Monkey Ball: Bananna Splitz (Vita)

Beat the Average

Resident Evil 1 (PS4)
    Mega Man Legacy Collection (PS4)
    Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (PS4)
    Sonic Generations (PS3)
    Binary Domain (PS3)
    Alien Isolation (PS4)

You’ll also get the following coupons:

Resident Evil 7 Gold Edition (PlayStation 4) – 40% Off
    Dead Rising 4 Frank’s Big Package (PlayStation 4) – 50% Off
    Valkyria Revolution (PlayStation 4) – 40% Off
    Yakuza 0 (PlayStation 4) – 50% Off

$15 or more

Dead Rising 2 (PS4)
    Valkyria Chronicles Remastered (PS4)

Seems it's all one key. So you can't give away games you already own

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That’s a savage bundle of games for $15, I’ll copy and paste it to the bargains thread to spread the word.

• Advertisement

That's a great deal. I have one of those games already; the CeX cash value for that game almost covers the deal.

Edit: Just spotted US only :rolleyes: Won't be doing it after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

EoinHef wrote: »
    It was intially announced as H1Z1 F2P,you could also pay for early acces which was €20 but on release the game would be F2P.

Along the way they created battle royal mode.

After this they decided to split the game up and it would no longer be F2P on release. The two versions were called:
    H1Z1:Just Survive (survival,base building,PvP)
    H1Z1: King of the Kill (Battle Royale mode)

You were supposed to be able to get both for €20 each so id assume that €32 PS+ version has both. Id have to check though

And the final stage where they made it F2P again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ah I'd say the 'pre-order' gives you a ton of resources, found where I saw there was a free to play version.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/04/24/free-to-play-battle-royale-shooter-h1z1-enters-open-beta-on-ps4-next-month/

https://www.h1z1.com/PlayStation4

Looks like they changed up the business model again.

Personally its not better than fortnite so i think they have missed the boat but at least its another option for BR on playstation.

Im holding out for PUBG,i think its the best BR game out there atm. Hopefully comes to PS some time soon

That's a great deal. I have one of those games already; the CeX cash value for that game almost covers the deal.

Edit: Just spotted US only :rolleyes: Won't be doing it after all.

Can just set up a US account. I did it for the Darksiders bundle

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Can just set up a US account. I did it for the Darksiders bundle

I see people doing similar stuff on the Switch thread(s) too. I don't like the idea of micro-managing all these ad hoc accounts; I'd prefer to have all my games linked to a single account.

Plus, I'm lazy. ;)

tenor.gif?itemid=11452140

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

There is a demo for Detroit:Become Human on the the store now

Highly recommend this, short but absolute quality. I wasn't thinking about it much but the demo has definitely got me interested in the rest of the game.

I see people doing similar stuff on the Switch thread(s) too. I don't like the idea of micro-managing all these ad hoc accounts; I'd prefer to have all my games linked to a single account.

Plus, I'm lazy. ;)

Have to do it for Switch yet, but I wouldn't bother with it if had to change between them to play the games. But once you download them, you can go back to your normal account and play from there. So any trophies will be part of your own account

Persona 5 is €30 in Argos right now. Reckon I'll be picking that up.

(It's also on special in the PSN store for the same price, but I prefer physical.)

EDIT: Just spotted that the Ultimate Edition is only an extra €10... opinions on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

If I may pick someone's brain a moment, can you use a mouse and keyboard for PS4? Jurassic World Evolution is out next month and there's no way my potato of a PC will be able to handle it. JWE is kinda a typical tycoon game type deal thing, something I would much rather use a mouse for than a control pad. Is this a thing or am I living in cuckoo land? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I've never done it personally but my son wanted the mouse and key board the other day to play fortnite with them. So I'm guessing it works. I also remember it mentioned in an update a good while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Damien360

jaxxx wrote: »
    If I may pick someone's brain a moment, can you use a mouse and keyboard for PS4? Jurassic World Evolution is out next month and there's no way my potato of a PC will be able to handle it. JWE is kinda a typical tycoon game type deal thing, something I would much rather use a mouse for than a control pad. Is this a thing or am I living in cuckoo land? Cheers.

I think it depends on the game. Fortnite works with keyboard and mouse on PS4 as my young lad does this. He tells me it has the correct "bindings" (his words) so he can map the keyboard. But it is officially supported in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Cheers. Just gotta hope it's supported so :D (I shall cross my fingers for the next month)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Can a PS4 or PS4 Pro purchased in Ireland be modified to play blu-rays from all three regions?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

jaxxx wrote: »
    Cheers. Just gotta hope it's supported so :D (I shall cross my fingers for the next month)

The PS4 natively supports kb&m, but it's up to the game then to support it after that.
    Can a PS4 or PS4 Pro purchased in Ireland be modified to play blu-rays from all three regions?

'Ps4 is region locked but quite a few discs are region free. If you visit www.bluray.com it reviews every blu ray and also states the region. Maleficent 3d is region free disc.'

The PS4 natively supports kb&m, but it's up to the game then to support it after that.

'Ps4 is region locked but quite a few discs are region free. If you visit www.bluray.com it reviews every blu ray and also states the region. Maleficent 3d is region free disc.'

Yes I know but I had been hoping it could be unlocked however that a mod has informed me that that topic is not allowed here.

The blu-ray that I'm interested in however are region locked - stuff like Criterion in the US and TV boxset that have extra extras in various countries.

I had been hoping to be able to use one machine like an xBox or playstation rather than have to get a blu-ray player too but it seems I have to decide on one or the other. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yes I know but I had been hoping it could be unlocked however that a mod has informed me that that topic is not allowed here.

The blu-ray that I'm interested in however are region locked - stuff like Criterion in the US and TV boxset that have extra extras in various countries.

I had been hoping to be able to use one machine like an xBox or playstation rather than have to get a blu-ray player too but it seems I have to decide on one or the other. :(

And some Bluray player are region locked too. I'm not sure if it would work, but get a PS4 and a cheap US BR player for the non-EU ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Sparko

So I'm thinking of getting a new PS4, my current one is an original model and often sounds like a jet engine.

I see GameStop have an offer, PS4 Pro for €150 when you trade in any PS4 with 2 games. Looks a decent deal to me, anyone seen anything better lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sparko wrote: »
    So I'm thinking of getting a new PS4, my current one is an original model and often sounds like a jet engine.

I see GameStop have an offer, PS4 Pro for €150 when you trade in any PS4 with 2 games. Looks a decent deal to me, anyone seen anything better lately?

That seems decent. Is it any games at all?

I've a standard PS4 so might take up the offer after pay day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Sparko

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That seems decent. Is it any games at all?

I've a standard PS4 so might take up the offer after pay day.

Says any game on the offer on the website:
    https://www.gamestop.ie/ps4-console-bundles

I'm thinking maybe an old Fifa or something, can usually pick them up for a couple of quid and then hopefully offload as part of this deal.

I'm thinking maybe an old Fifa or something, can usually pick them up for a couple of quid and then hopefully offload as part of this deal.

:D

Let me know if that works!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Says any game on the offer on the website:
    https://www.gamestop.ie/ps4-console-bundles

:D

Let me know if that works!

I done this deal, the girl in the shop said any game as long as it scans but that anything below Fifa '17 would be a no (it may be different in each store though).
    I think I recall them telling me the deal finishes on the 20th too just to keep in mind (may want to check in store on that too)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ste551

hey there, are there any ps4 pro bundle deals out there for a new user?
    Smyths, argos and amazon all seem to be out of stock

And some Bluray player are region locked too. I'm not sure if it would work, but get a PS4 and a cheap US BR player for the non-EU ones!

Thanks for the input but I'm not so daft as to not be aware machines are region locked, ;)

I was inquiring specifically about PS 4 and xBox because a console and player are not an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

Shadow of war is free to play until 20th for anyone that's interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

jclack wrote:
    Shadow of war is free to play until 20th for anyone that's interested.

Download for free on store ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement