Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Download for free on store ?

Not sure, saw it here.

https://shadowofwar.com/purchase/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

DrZeuss wrote: »
    I done this deal, the girl in the shop said any game as long as it scans but that anything below Fifa '17 would be a no (it may be different in each store though).
    I think I recall them telling me the deal finishes on the 20th too just to keep in mind (may want to check in store on that too)

Going in tomorrow to upgrade.

Called today and was told it runs til the 22nd and I could buy two copies of FIFA16 for €4 if I wanted to use those games!

Does anyone know what the restrictions are on the hard drive? I upgraded mine and whilst I'll try find the old one and replace it again, does anyone know if they'll accept the upgraded drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Hopefully a similar deal comes around again at the end of the summer, I want to upgrade to the Pro for PSVR use but can't justify the outlay at the minute. 150 quid with a trade OG in is a great deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Sparko

Picked up the Pro today on the trade in deal with GameStop - except I went for the Destiny 2 Pro bundle. Traded in my original 500gb console with 2 games and paid 190 for Pro and Destiny 2.

Wasn't really too pushed about Destiny 2, but they didn't have any standalone Pros in stock so I went for it. I'll just trade Destiny 2 in or something maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sparko wrote: »
    Picked up the Pro today on the trade in deal with GameStop - except I went for the Destiny 2 Pro bundle. Traded in my original 500gb console with 2 games and paid 190 for Pro and Destiny 2.

Wasn't really too pushed about Destiny 2, but they didn't have any standalone Pros in stock so I went for it. I'll just trade Destiny 2 in or something maybe.

Which store was that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Sparko

Which store was that?

Blanchardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Does anyone know what the restrictions are on the hard drive? I upgraded mine and whilst I'll try find the old one and replace it again, does anyone know if they'll accept the upgraded drive?

I'm only guessing but I don't think they'll pop it out and look, they will probably only test it to see if it works and let it go at that, they shouldn't even notice if it's 1tb. Anything over the original should be considered an upgrade anyway and better for the future buyer, it's designed to be upgraded by the user if they choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Played a bit on the PS3 this weekend Black Ops 1, Resistance 2 and Dead Space 3. Remember playing Resistance 2 back in the day and being blown away by the HD graphics. It looks bad now.
    Had a lot of fun on Blops 1 MP. Used to love Search and Destroy, it's a shame about the hackers. It wasn't too bad but couple of games there were guys under the map, killing at will. Don't understand why people do this, surely it gets dull after one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

gimli2112 wrote:
    Played a bit on the PS3 this weekend Black Ops 1, Resistance 2 and Dead Space 3. Remember playing Resistance 2 back in the day and being blown away by the HD graphics.

IIRC Resistance 3 was by far the best in the series. It was kinda like the newer Wolfensteins in a way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

ERG89 wrote:
    IIRC Resistance 3 was by far the best in the series. It was kinda like the newer Wolfensteins in a way

I'm amazed that series never made it to ps4, I remember fall of man being huge.

• Advertisement

I was like 50 MP kills off platunming Resistance 2 and then Modern Warfare 2 launched and I lost my mind.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Resistance on PS3 launch was mind blowing stuff. Then Assassin's Creed came along, and i sat drooling at the views of the cities......must give Killzone a run again on the Pro, now that nostalgia has set in.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Is H1Z1 free from tomorrow. Can only see the nemesis bundle on the store so far

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Lads what's the best ps4 deal atm.? Not interested in pro

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

H1Z1 is up on the store now. Free version along with paid ones and there is a free gear pack for ps plus owners.

10.6gb download.

Edit: servers are going live at 9am PT (5pm GMT) tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Didn't realise it would be Battle royal only, and no zombie mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Does anybody know where I could get a PS4 Pro power cable in a bricks and mortar shop in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

JaMarcus wrote: »
    Does anybody know where I could get a PS4 Pro power cable in a bricks and mortar shop in Dublin?

Pretty sure that any PC power cord should do the job. You don't need one made specifically for the PS4 Pro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Pretty sure that any PC power cord should do the job. You don't need one made specifically for the PS4 Pro

Cheers. Ended up getting one in PC World, and for free as the only one they had didn't have packaging. Which was nice of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

JaMarcus wrote:
    Cheers. Ended up getting one in PC World, and for free as the only one they had didn't have packaging. Which was nice of them.

That was well decent of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Scuff releasing a new controller for the PS4. Looks very good but way to pricey for me. $200 according to the article.

https://gizmodo.com/this-new-ps4-controller-is-riffing-hard-on-microsofts-s-1826209908

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Scuff releasing a new controller for the PS4. Looks very good but way to pricey for me. $200 according to the article.

https://gizmodo.com/this-new-ps4-controller-is-riffing-hard-on-microsofts-s-1826209908

It's only 200 for the wireless version. Save 30 dollars towards the shipping costs and go for the wired option at 170

It's only 200 for the wireless version. Save 30 dollars towards the shipping costs and go for the wired option at 170

You get free shipping when you spend over €200 on the UK/European site so I'd probably just get the wireless version of I was going for it.

You get free shipping when you spend over €200 on the UK/European site so I'd probably just get the wireless version of I was going for it.

Ah right. I did not know that.

Ah right. I did not know that.

I'd prefer a Sony made "Elite" though.

The Elite I bought for the Xbox is the best investment I ever made, I have it since launch and it's still perfect. Well over 1000 hours gaming :)

I'd prefer a Sony made "Elite" though.

The Elite I bought for the Xbox is the best investment I ever made, I have it since launch and it's still perfect. Well over 1000 hours gaming :)

Yeah, they're really missing a beat with not making their own. Instead we have the 2 "Official" controllers made out-of-house, and seem to be more miss than hit.

The only other option would be one of these

Yeah, they're really missing a beat with not making their own. Instead we have the 2 "Official" controllers made out-of-house, and seem to be more miss than hit.

The only other option would be one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0794VJ18B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_NJdbBbEHZ2WJM

I'd get one of these and pop it into the Elite.

https://youtu.be/fvoCtyObFa4

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Next PlayStation Is Three Years Off, Sony Says

https://www.wsj.com/articles/next-playstation-is-three-years-off-sony-says-1527067818
    “We will use the next three years to prepare the next step, to crouch down so that we can jump higher in the future,”

• Advertisement

When the bought EMI the other day the BBCs take on it was they were moving away from hardware

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement