Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Faker74 wrote: »
    Slightly random question.

I'm a PS3 owner, will probably make the move to PS4 at some stage.

Do many games make much/any use of the Dual Shock 4's touchpad? And does it add anything to these games or is it just a pure gimmick?

It's generally used as a simple button replacing the old "select" button (as the share button is exclusively for screenshots/video sharing) but some games like War Thunder use it to control a mouse interface. That is a bit gimmicky in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's mainly a button start or select function or sometimes two buttons depending which side you press depending on the game. In Killzone it's a 4 way swipe that controls the 4 settings of your drone. Some games use it as a mouse pad function for scrolling through maps but I find the stick still works better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Enjoying Sniper Elite 3. Not sure id be into for single player but the co op is very fun. Although there not huge the maps are open enough to allow different approaches to each mission.

Have played a few of them repeatedly just to see what different ways each could be approached. Decent game and well worth the €20 id paid for it a few weeks ago.

Really hope we get a release date for No Mans Sky at E3 too. And i hope its not all hype and turns out to be a good game. Ill be buying it anyway. Feels like we have been waiting an age on it,well feels like that to me anyway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭The Dark Side

tagoona wrote: »
    Played Tomb Raider on the ps3 - Cracking game with a slightly involved story, decent shooting. Puzzles were easy enough though. Have to say I enjoyed it.
    5uspect wrote: »

If you're short on time and want more immediate action I'd suggest Tomb Raider.
    Lemlin wrote: »
    Have only played Tomb Raider of those three and have to say its a fantastic game. You'll love it IMO if you liked TLOU.

Tomb Raider it is.

I noticed that it's actually €7 cheaper to join playstation plus for a month and buy it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Planning on picking up a PS4 later this month. Thing is, because of PS+ I haven't been inside a game store in quite some time!

Can someone recommend the best place to pick up the console and preferable somewhere that will take a PS3 (slim) trade in please in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

faceman wrote: »
    Planning on picking up a PS4 later this month. Thing is, because of PS+ I haven't been inside a game store in quite some time!

Can someone recommend the best place to pick up the console and preferable somewhere that will take a PS3 (slim) trade in please in Dublin?

Best deal is undoubtedly Argos, but you won't get a trade in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Don't know if it's a dumb question but I'm on the week free trial of Unblock-us for American Netflix but I'm just wondering if using it affects the PSN store or anything like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

J. Marston wrote: »
    Don't know if it's a dumb question but I'm on the week free trial of Unblock-us for American Netflix but I'm just wondering if using it affects the PSN store or anything like that?

No, the store you use is dependent on the country on you set in your PSN profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I find that download speeds are slower he using the a similar DNS service, also borne out by the download speed test the PS4 performs when you test your connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Not at all. I've got US Netflix on my PS3 and use the Irish PSN store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone know what base.com is like for delivery? Found Shadow of Mordor there for £18, so looking to find out how long I'll be waiting for it. Haven't ordered yet though, in case they're anything like Wow HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Death's Gambit is an old school 2D action rpg coming in early 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Wow.. the art and animations in that game look amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hmm looks like an homage to
    Dark Souls 2
    Shadow of Colossus
    Castlevania
    And others

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Just looking to double check that I'm seeing this okay. Is this the batman Arkham Night Premium Edition. My issue is that the price is only $29.99 so I think I'm not looking at it right.

Wayne
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/batman-arkham-knight-premium-edition/cid=UP1018-CUSA00133_00-B000000000001563

• Registered Users Posts: 18,222 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    Just looking to double check that I'm seeing this okay. Is this the batman Arkham Night Premium Edition. My issue is that the price is only $29.99 so I think I'm not looking at it right.

Wayne
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/batman-arkham-knight-premium-edition/cid=UP1018-CUSA00133_00-B000000000001563

Said $89.99 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Said $89.99 for me.

Says 89.99 for me now to. Looks like a small glitch thats now been corrected. I'd have gotten it at the 29.99 price if I hadn't already pre-ordered the game.

Thx,
    W

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Has anyone found the PS4 Media Player in the store?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Deedsie wrote: »
    Has anyone found the PS4 Media Player in the store?

Was first thing on dashboard when I turned mine on....

Also anyone with a US account, the first Game Of Thrones episode is free, just got it there....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The white edition of the Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0 for PS4 across Europe on 16th September

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

The white edition of the Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0 for PS4 across Europe on 16th September

I have the black ones. I find them very good but I don't use the microphone at all.

DS4.jpg
    To celebrate 20 years of PlayStation in Europe, we’ve created a very special 20th Anniversary Edition of the Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller. Launching September across Europe, this limited edition controller is designed in the unmistakeable “Original Grey” colour like the first PlayStation console and also features the iconic original coloured PlayStation family logo

Sony has finally confirmed that both Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls are coming to PlayStation 4, though it's still being miserly with the details. They're both confirmed for this year, and will be available individually digitally as well as a bundle that's both physical and digital, but there's little information beyond that.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-16-beyond-two-souls-and-heavy-rain-are-heading-to-ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The Media Player app is available to download too.

I've never really messed around with that stuff too much for some reason but I just installed Plex on my Mac and it immediately recognised it on the PS4.

This is pretty handy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

May *insert higher being of choice here* have mercy on all those who experience a Quantic Dream collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I know both of those games are bad.... but I'll buy them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Started playing tomb raider multiplayer. It's pretty fun but hard to find an even game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

The Media Player is pretty sweet! Recognises my laptop without any setup and plays videos almost instantly. MKVs supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    The Media Player is pretty sweet! Recognises my laptop without any setup and plays videos almost instantly. MKVs supported.

Does this mean that it's possible to download movies and music like on the ps3? If one were inclined to do that of course...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Polly Sonic

How about streaming from the browser? I'm subscribed to a streaming service that works fine on PS3 but not PS4, will there be any change there?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement