Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,896 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

14 day trial needed a credit card but the link below to get a 2 day trial without Cred card worked a ****ing treat...A ****ing TREAT!!!

Got NBA live 18 for 6 dollars (8 euro for 10 dollar card so 4 dollars left over for future stuff). God bless America.

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/unlimited-ps-2-day.1161783/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Possible stupid question in wrong topic, but I don't see a playstation general or PS3 specific chat:

3 years ago I bought demon's souls and resident evil revelations 2 complete season in a sale on my PS3 at the time, which promptly broke before I got to try them.

Now with my account on a new PS3, I went to my downloads and only demon's souls is available for download.

Resi is visible in my purchase history but there's no link from there to download it.

How do I get it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Resi is visible in my purchase history but there's no link from there to download it.

How do I get it?

Did you try the online store?

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/home/games

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Lads, great competition on PlayStation.Com and the best part, Ireland can enter.

Win a limited edition PS4, VR kit, ps plus and credit. One winner from every country that enters. Runner up prizes as well

Very interesting way to win. Go to bottom of this link and register for comp.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/campaigns/days-of-play/

Then, earn a trophy from the same or multiple games, 1 a day from 8th June to 18th. So by the end you'll haven't unlocked 11 new trophies. Time to download since ps plus indie games and unlock an easy trophy every day!

Goddamn it, completely forgot about this!!! Anyone on track since Friday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

Yeah. I started playing FFXII last week so I lined up nine trophies that'll only take a few minutes each to do and I'll download one of the PS+ PSN games for the other two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Nearly forgot it last night at 11pm. Got a trophy in trials fusion to post time in another player's track which took 2 minutes to get. Plan to use Telltale Guardians of the Galaxy as its in backlog. If I start it at around 11 pm I should have earned a trophy before midnight and then a second one after midnight which would count for the next day too. This way I can play for trophies every 2 days if need be. Other method would be to split playing of each episode to 2 days or just do one chapter a day. Any telltale game would be perfect for this competition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Considering I've been playing the same MP games for ages I've not really earn any trophies so liking this as it makes me change and work on backlog.

Started far cry 4, not sure it's the best game as the trophies don't come fast. Earned only 1 on Friday and then 5 quickly on Sat and technical 2 today (one was a 00:01). Going to play it anyway now but if I don't get anything I load something else new up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just about, Batman Telltale is both incredibly boring and incredibly useful. :)

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just about, Batman Telltale is both incredibly boring and incredibly useful. :)

Yeah the first season is alright, the second season is a bit better

Yeah the first season is alright, the second season is a bit better

It’s the first I’ve played of a Telltale game too. I definitely won’t be giving them any more time after the 18th but it’s a trophy hunter’s dream.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    It’s the first I’ve played of a Telltale game too. I definitely won’t be giving them any more time after the 18th but it’s a trophy hunter’s dream.

The walking dead season 1 is excellent, ****ing excellent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Wolf Among Us too!

Might give them a look at some point but there’s literally over a hundred games in my backlog that I’d rather play. Just after adding HZD Complete Edition and Burnout Remastered to it as well. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Just checked my trophies there and by chance I downloaded and earned a trophy in Trials Fusion on the 8th and was playing Bioshock Infinite last night so that's covered. I'll continue with Bioshock but if I need to just earn a trophy then Telltale Batman is in the library.

Fallout Shelter, the very addictive mobile game is now on the PSN store for free. PS Plus members, looks for the free boost pack as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,917 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

For the Playstation VR , do you need the PS4 camera, or would the old PS3 one do ?

Also is it worth it, and the best place to buy it ?

Sorry for all the questions !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

2smiggy wrote: »
    For the Playstation VR , do you need the PS4 camera, or would the old PS3 one do ?

Also is it worth it, and the best place to buy it ?

Sorry for all the questions !!

PS3 camera doesn't work with PS4. You can pick it up for about £190 on Amazon Warehouse Deals for the headset and camera. You'd still need to pick up the move controllers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

And I'm out of the competition, was playing the last hour or so but wasn't trying to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Who's still in the running for the trophy competition? That Batman Telltale game is awful sh*te but it's kept me in so far.

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Who's still in the running for the trophy competition? That Batman Telltale game is awful sh*te but it's kept me in so far.

So far so good for me, I've been using a vita to log in remotely and play that batman as well, it's not great so far but are least it's a guaranteed trophy in under 30mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

dudeeile wrote: »
    So far so good for me, I've been using a vita to log in remotely and play that batman as well, it's not great so far but are least it's a guaranteed trophy in under 30mins.

Still on track. I have been "playing" disc jam to get the trophies. Thankfully you can do most of them offline, because it took me about 20 mins to get through the tutorial!

dudeeile wrote: »

I'm not going to be home on Sunday, so I was planning on doing the remote play on the Vita to unlock a trophy in Batman. Hopefully it works alright using my phone as a hotspot.

Been playing Telltale Minecraft which is pretty meh. Nearly have the last episode and am away tomorrow so going to try and get a trophy this evening and then leave the last one for after midnight to count for the next day. Will probably then move onto Telltale Guardians of the Galaxy

On track so far. I have 3 safety trophies I was saving left to get. I wonder if we'll get lumped in with the UK for the prize? If not, the odds of winning once you get all the trophies are probably pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Will probably then move onto Telltale Guardians of the Galaxy

I gave up that in episode 4 as it was so listless. There is a moment where Starlord and Rocket are having an argument that is so badly acted I turned it off & deleted the game for memory space.

ERG89 wrote: »
    I gave up that in episode 4 as it was so listless. There is a moment where Starlord and Rocket are having an argument that is so badly acted I turned it off & deleted the game for memory space.

Might leave it then. Competition ends in 18th and I have today and tomorrow covered. So need trophies for 2 days. Plenty of other games I can use

Evade wrote: »
    On track so far. I have 3 safety trophies I was saving left to get. I wonder if we'll get lumped in with the UK for the prize? If not, the odds of winning once you get all the trophies are probably pretty good.

I was thinking this too but I checked their terms and conditions and we're separate to the UK. So the odds should very good for us.

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    I was thinking this too but I checked their terms and conditions and we're separate to the UK. So the odds should very good for us.
    In that case I'd be very surprised if more than 200-300 people in Ireland get the 11 trophies.

Best of luck so lads and lassies.

• Advertisement

There's 1 winner and 3 runner ups. One of us boardies has to get one of them!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement