Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I’m still in it, Burnout Paradise doing a good job for me now since that Batman game has been torturously boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    There's 1 winner and 3 runner ups. One of us boardies has to get one of them!

Yer all gowls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I'm on course as well thanks to Walking Dead Season 2. The amount of trophies in it is unreal. It's fantastic. Just need to keep the faith for three more days...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Still going, Life is Strange: Before the Storm got me through the start. I also used the Telltale Batman for a couple of them but it's awful. Yesterday I got a very simple one for playing 3 songs on Guitar Hero

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Isco

How much are the cheapest consoles to buy new normally? Are the deals this week that good?

• Advertisement

Isco wrote: »
    How much are the cheapest consoles to buy new normally? Are the deals this week that good?
    RRP for the 500GB Slim is €299.
    RRP for the 1TB Pro is €399.

So the Days of Play reductions are okay but nothing special. We've seen cheaper. Depends how badly you want one now, depends whether you are keen on the limited edition console etc.

I expect RRP cuts for both models in August and there's always good deals at Black Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Playing Horizon Zero Dawn atm and apart from it being a brilliant game, it is the most visually stunning game I've ever played on any PlayStation console. Has to be played on a 4k TV and I'm playing it on an LG OLED 55B7V.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Damien360

Playing Horizon Zero Dawn atm and apart from it being a brilliant game, it is the most visually stunning game I've ever played on any PlayStation console. Has to be played on a 4k TV and I'm playing it on an LG OLED 55B7V.

Have that but played a few hours and I'm not a big collector of nonsense in games so it didn't draw me. Must get back to it.

God of War on the other hand is another visually stunning game but the gameplay is actually fun. That is taking most of my time for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Damien360 wrote: »
    Have that but played a few hours and I'm not a big collector of nonsense in games so it didn't draw me. Must get back to it.

God of War on the other hand is another visually stunning game but the gameplay is actually fun. That is taking most of my time for now.

Open world games would be my favourite genre and if a game interests me, then I'm not bothered with a bit of farming to prep for the tougher challenges. Not at GOW fan myself, but I might eventually check out the latest release because the visuals look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Open world games would be my favourite genre and if a game interests me, then I'm not bothered with a bit of farming to prep for the tougher challenges. Not at GOW fan myself, but I might eventually check out the latest release because the visuals look great.

The combat in the new GOW is greatly different to the originals, and the story acts as a new jumping-on point for the franchise. And the visuals through, though particularly in some areas, are absolutely stunning in 4K HDR. Definitely well worth checking out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Evade wrote: »
    In that case I'd be very surprised if more than 200-300 people in Ireland get the 11 trophies.

Thought that too.

Was struggling for a trophy a few days ago so looked through Yakuza 0 and there was an easy one for throwing 5 million Yen away on the street. Cue 1-2 minutes of repeatedly tapping square for a trophy.

Playing RE7 now and they give trophies for nothing so I should be fine tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

The one I'm going to get in two hours and seven minutes is go to the shop I'm saved outside of and buy a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Two more wins in Burnout for me and my new license will get me a trophy for today. How many days left to do after this?

Tomorrow is the last day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Was planning to play the dlc for wolfenstein 2 to get a trophy but there seems to be a major bug as all the dlc is not showing as purchased in the game. Got a trophy in far cry 5 ,so good for today but really bad form that dlc is unplayable in Wolfenstein

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone struggling with trophies, fallout shelter is free and had some very easy and quick ones to get, especially if you pick up the free boost pack for ps+ members from the store.

Got my last trophy needed about 1.30am this morning. Walking Dead was a godsend for trophies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Hi All

Quick question for the Nacon Revolution 2 controller owners? or other 'wired' controller users

If you use a wireless headset for chat, such as the Lucidsound LS30, do you need to plug it into the controller as well as in the same as the Xbox? Or do you still have completely wireless chat same as the DS controllers?

Ive a Rev2 ordered and just wanted to check

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

hello, for the PS VR do you need the move contollers, and if not are they worth getting with the VR ?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

2smiggy wrote: »
    hello, for the PS VR do you need the move contollers, and if not are they worth getting with the VR ?

Some of best games require the move controllers. Batman Arkham VR, Superhot VR, Job Simulator, Star Trek all use the move controllers. It really adds to the immersion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

2smiggy wrote: »

New psvr owner here. Yep, move controllers are necessary for many games and increase the immersion immensely. Any of the dual weildy type gun games are so much better with move.

Think a twin pack can be got cheap in Argos at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Don't know if anyone mentioned it, but the Crew 2 Open beta is up for preloading.

Beta starts on 21, so if you've a slow connection you might want to start as it's 27GB (not downloaded it yet so may be patches on top)

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP0001-CUSA11140_00-THECREW2SCEEBETA

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JackKenn78

Hey guys saw some of you are also taking part in the days of play competition. Cos I'm a super paranoid person I'm already worrying I havent gotten an email about the next part of it. Would someone mind replying to this when they get an email just so I could know?

JackKenn78 wrote: »
    Hey guys saw some of you are also taking part in the days of play competition. Cos I'm a super paranoid person I'm already worrying I havent gotten an email about the next part of it. Would someone mind replying to this when they get an email just so I could know?
    https://twitter.com/AskPS_UK/status/1008739648569520130

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Haven't received an email either fwiw but on the subject, did anyone receive a confirmation email even to say they had definitely entered it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Haven't received an email either fwiw but on the subject, did anyone receive a confirmation email even to say they had definitely entered it?

I didn't get any confirmation email so hopefully I was entered in the competition

I didn't get one either...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I didn't get one either.

Good craic if I spent 11 days looking for trophies, something I have no interest in, for a competition I'm not even entered in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm looking for a little help here. I picked up a PS4 Pro yesterday, but does anyone know how I can register it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a little help here. I picked up a PS4 Pro yesterday, but does anyone know how I can register it?

Just set it up, sign in with your PSN account or create one, and it will ask if that is the primary console. Say yes and it's done!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement