Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Woe is you, someone calls you on your bs and its defensive time. You criticised a company for something they've not done, Jesus bit bad as Sony are let's at least see what happens. You've deliberately misinterpreted my posts to try and paint me as something I'm not to suit an agenda

Na,your just schilling as usual,then act like its everyone elses fault.

I'd bet money that there is something in the contract that Epic signed that will financially penalise them if content is moved. Nothing Sony does is about anything but the money and for Fortnite it's about keeping the player base paying on the PSN. Epic don't care where you buy your content as moat it goes to them but for Sony if Xbox or Switch start having deals on Fortnite content they they fear losing out. if I was MS I would offer huge discounts on Fortnite content at the minute as this is their time to strike. The sooner they have Sony on the Blackfoot the better, Sony haven't been great since the PS3 era and are coasting by on goodwill for simply not being as **** as MS.

Epic still need to offer something to resolve this, they need to work with Sony toward a resolution and be vocal about it ad their current stance of saying nothing but it ain't us is not cutting it. I bet if this was an issue with FIFA cross play across platforms but locked to Sony if you used that then we'd see a lot of anger directed at EA but when its Epic people are happy to give them a pass for some reason.

• Lol

EoinHef wrote:
    Na,your just schilling as usual,then act like its everyone elses fault.

This is why forum boards are dying, people can't express an opinion without some ass accusing them of being a shill. I've been just as critical of Sony as I have MS and Epic, though I guess not falling inline with the mass consensus means that I have some agenda. Can no one play devils advocate anymore, can no one ask why we don't hold all parties accountable any more or is it a case that if you are a multi billion dollar company that sign an anti consumer agreement then you can't be held responsible for screwing over your player base?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Murseyless

This is a lie Darko, you simply do not know this and your inner ideas regarding ToS between Epic, Sony and the consumer appear so defensive of Sony they appear almost delusional. I am very active across many Sony boards and you are the only person singing off this hymnsheet and it's exasperating.

The truth is you know as much about the matter as everyone else and the general consensus is that if Sony were screwed by Epic we'd have seen leaks or an actual commentary by Sony to take the heat of them, but they haven't and the reason they haven't is because it mostly likely is a money related issue.

Nintendo, PC and Xbox are all enjoying crossplat play together, seemingly free of restrictions and Sony are not.

I doubt very much that Epic have anything to do with it. Need I remind you of the time when PS4 and Xbox players were playing together as a result of a mistake on Epics part? Mike Ybarra from xbox openly said he wanted Epic to leave it on, Sony meanwhile, remained quiet.

The "we have exclusives" title is wearing thin and fast, thebfuture is cross play gaming and Sony are failing.

At the very best case scenario if Epic is holding Sony back then it's up to Sony to overcome those issues and get the best for their customers because as it stands right now, it's absolutely abmissal service.

• Advertisement

Murseyless wrote:
    This is a lie Darko, you simply do not know this and your inner ideas regarding ToS between Epic, Sony and the consumer appear so defensive of Sony they appear almost delusional. I am very active across many Sony boards and you are the only person singing off this hymnsheet and it's exasperating.

Murseyless wrote:
    The truth is you know as much about the matter as everyone else and the general consensus is that if Sony were screwed by Epic we'd have seen leaks or an actual commentary by Sony to take the heat of them, but they haven't and the reason they haven't is because it mostly likely is a money related issue.

Please at least read my posts before falling off your high horse to attack me. I have never once said that Epic screwed Sony, what I have repeatedly stated is that Epic screwed their user base. We all know that this is about money, in fact I've said it repeatedly but I've also pointed out the from having first hand experience of the inner workings of the big publishers that there can be other factors. I provide points from experiences I have been involved in and gave reasons why cross platform ia not just pressing a button. There are a number of legal and ToS related issues to deal with also.

I'm not defending Sony, or attacking anyone else. My post are pointing out that Epic are to blame here. They signed an agreement with Sony knowing everything relating to tied accounts and then said nothing to their user base. You cannot do something link that and then not bear the brunt of the responsibility. Epic knew this would happen bit did not bother warning users and since it has been known have done nothing to help get their users a solution. Can you not see the difference between pointing out alternate takes on a situation and blind loyalty. I could care less for Sony or any other publishers or developer but at the same time I'm not afraid to go against the grain and point out faults or play devils advocate. Do you think that it is acceptable for Epic to make an agreement linking accounts to the PSN and not tell their users or offer a disclaimer of any kind? Why do they bear no responsibility here? If GameStop sold you a console that only played games bought in GS and Sony agreed would your issue be with GS, Sony or both?

This is why forum boards are dying, people can't express an opinion without some ass accusing them of being a shill. I've been just as critical of Sony as I have MS and Epic, though I guess not falling inline with the mass consensus means that I have some agenda. Can no one play devils advocate anymore, can no one ask why we don't hold all parties accountable any more or is it a case that if you are a multi billion dollar company that sign an anti consumer agreement then you can't be held responsible for screwing over your player base?

No one has asked you to play devils advocate,and tbf its more than just trying to see things from a different perspective for the sake of balance,your bias is pretty obvious.

As for schilling,in some cases its a valid comment and not designed just to shut down discussion. I certainly dont make a habbit of throwing that word around.

Sony are the platform holder,they have the largest playerbase of all the consoles. They have a massive say in how things go. They could have decided to sort out the issue by now but they have not.

Why would Epic be willing to account share accross all other platforms but then tell sony they have to sign an agreement not allowing sony's platform to do the same?

EoinHef wrote:
    No one has asked you to play devils advocate,and tbf its more than just trying to see things from a different perspective for the sake of balance,your bias is pretty obvious.

I have zero bias, just because I'm not attacking Sony and letting Epic off the hook suddenly I'm a biased shill. Get over yourself, not everyone see things as blinkered as you do. Some understand that it takes two to tango and if you sign an agreement limiting your player bases options and say nothing you are at fault.

EoinHef wrote:
    Sony are the platform holder,they have the largest playerbase of all the consoles. They have a massive say in how things go. They could have decided to sort out the issue by now but they have not.

Which is what I've said before, I've repeatedly said they can fix this and that this is all about the money for them but even so that does not let Epic off the hook. Epic have thus far done nothing, offered no help or solution and been happy to play the victim.
    EoinHef wrote:
    Why would Epic be willing to account share accross all other platforms but then tell sony they have to sign an agreement not allowing sony's platform to do the same?

Are you deliberately misreading what I have written. I've made it quite clear that the stipulation was put there by Sony. I have never once claimed that Epic put this clause in but rather that they agreed to it when they signed the agreement with Sony. Of course Sony imposed this rule, but epic agreed to it and never warned their user base of the drawback of paying on PS4

I'm just going to post this as people seem to be confused as to what I have said previously. I am not suggesting or believe for a second that Epic in any way put in any stipulations restricting account or content transfers or cross play when they made their agreement with Sony. What I am saying is that Sony put these stipulations into the agreement and Epic then agreed to them when they signed.

As such, Epic are as much at fault as Sony for signing an anti consumer contract and then not warning the PS4 user base of the restrictions they would face.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I have zero bias....

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

I dont blame Epic for doing what they could to get the game on Playstation,its the largest platform for consoles.

Sony decided to put conditions on the arrangement not epic. Blaming epic is just ridiculous. Every other platform holder,as evidenced,can make the arrangement with epic but sony cant. That makes sony the problem

One party brought a conditional arrangement to the table,and that was sony. They could reverse that decision easily but their thinking looks to be revolving around their bottom line and only that.

Which of course is their right,but these things add up and they could do damage to the playstation brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Murseyless

EoinHef wrote: »

Sony decided to put conditions on the arrangement not epic. Blaming epic is just ridiculous. Every other platform holder,as evidenced,can make the arrangement with epic but sony cant. That makes sony the problem

Dark forget everything else, This is what you need to focus on.

Your inner workings are not doing you any justice they are making your defense look vague and weak.

Not one person has even remotely agreed with your viewpoint. Reminds me of the old saying;

The first time someone calls you a horse you punch him on the nose, the second time someone calls you a horse you call him an eejit but the third time someone calls you a horse, well then perhaps it's time to go shopping for a saddle.

EoinHef wrote:

Sony added them bit Epic still agreed to it, crap as it is they still put pen to paper knowing full well the reactions being placed and then did not even bother to even warn their users. A disclaimer when launching the game upon initial start up is all it would have taken. But they didn't even bother doing that, instead they said nothing and are happy to play the victim.
    EoinHef wrote:
    One party brought a conditional arrangement to the table,and that was sony. They could reverse that decision easily but their thinking looks to be revolving around their bottom line and only that.

Which is what I've been saying also. This is 100% about Sony not want people to purchase content on a competing system and then using it on PS4. And they are entitled to do that as would MS if they were sitting where Sony is now.

Epic have to do something, you cannot agree to something like this and then offer no solution. They are as much at fault as Sony and people may not want to hear that but it is the truth. If you sign a deal that puts a huge portion of your player base at a disadvantages and don't warn them then it shows that just like Sony, all you care about is the profits you will make

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

this debate is epic, spanning multiple threads and forums. can we not have a thread where you lads can just go at it, gloves off no rules a fight to the death?

Try actually reading my posts instead of making things up. Let me put it in caps to help you, I HAVE NEVER SAID THAT EPIC PUT IN ANY STIPULATIONS REGARDING THE RESTRICTING OF ACCOUNTS,CONTENT OR CROSS PLAY. WHAT I HAVE REPEATEDLY SAID IS THAT SONY. YES SONU PUT THESE RESTRICTIONS IN AND THEN EPIC AGREED TO THEM.

As such, Epic are to blame here for firstly agreeing to it and secondly never warning their user base.

My opinions relating to ToS and how publishers work were in relation to why cross play is more than just pressing a button. My opinions regarding the Fortnite issue are down to the fact that Epic are to blame for agreeing to conditions restricting players and not warning them.

Edited: just to ask, do you think that Epic signing a contract with Sony restricting their user base and never warning the players is acceptable?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    this debate is epic, spanning multiple threads and forums. can we not have a thread where you lads can just go at it, gloves off no rules a fight to the death?

Think ill just take my sad sack self off boards for the night,im sick of going in circles,im sure everyone else is also sick of my circles:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone get a confirmation email about the Days of Play trophy competition yet? I’ve definitely completed it but still no sign of a follow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Well that's three pages of my life I'll never get back...

I've played with some of you and don't know some of you at all but coming away from that all I can say is there is obviously some kind of history and no if one side says it's black the other is going to argue it's white.

Everyone should do themselves a favour and just agree to disagree and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

anyone ever buy anything off gamestop.ie, they have alot of good prices on ps4 games atm. Do they package items well and how long abouts does it take to get the games in the mail? Thinking of ordering a few.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    anyone ever buy anything off gamestop.ie, they have alot of good prices on ps4 games atm. Do they package items well and how long abouts does it take to get the games in the mail? Thinking of ordering a few.

I've got things fairly frequently from them. Only takes a day or two to deliver as long as it's ordered by 2pm. Delivered by Nightline. I've ordered games, consoles, clothes and mugs. Can't fault the delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

pcadhain wrote: »
    I've got things fairly frequently from them. Only takes a day or two to deliver as long as it's ordered by 2pm. Delivered by Nightline. I've ordered games, consoles, clothes and mugs. Can't fault the delivery.

How do they package stuff do they use jiffy bags or cardboard like amazon, some deals are nice atm even some pc games are cheaper than steam

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    How do they package stuff do they use jiffy bags or cardboard like amazon, some deals are nice atm even some pc games are cheaper than steam

Jiffy bags I'm sure. It's been a while since I've ordered from them though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was adding this months ps plus games to my library and was surprised to see xcom 2 :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Haven't played a ps plus game in months, hopefully July's offering will be more to my liking.

Haven't stopped playing Bloodborne since it was given away. Bought RE Revelations 1 and The Evil Within this week. I rarely buy in the sales. I'll be mad if either are made free but the reality is they were quite cheap anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Has anyone played and enjoyed Gone Home? Have it in my library but never gave it a go, worth a playthrough?

Tried it but couldn't get into it. These walking simulations are too slow paced for me. It wasn't that it was bad I just kind of lost interest. Should add I've seen plenty of positive user reviews of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I tried it but it didn't really do much for me. In terms of walking simulators, I'd always recommend Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. I thought that was amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

I played Gone Home when it first came out on plus and I thought it was great. It's short enough that you'll get through it in a single playthrough so you should definitely give it a go.

I played Everybody's Gone to the Rapture a few months ago and didn't find it as good as Gone Home. The story was interesting but the map was too big for a walking simulator. There is a walk faster button that I found out about half way through it but it's still too slow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement