Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Has anyone played and enjoyed Gone Home? Have it in my library but never gave it a go, worth a playthrough?

One of my favourite games, not just free plus ones, absolutely loved it. It's just a couple of hours long and if you let yourself get invested in the family, it becomes a very special experience. Yeah 'walking simulators' have a bit of a rep but I'd definitely recommend giving it a go.

Same as above, I played EGTTR after it and couldn't get into it at all. Must go back to it some day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    I played Everybody's Gone to the Rapture a few months ago and didn't find it as good as Gone Home. The story was interesting but the map was too big for a walking simulator. There is a walk faster button that I found out about half way through it but it's still too slow.

It's a big map for sure but the way you move through it, going through different strands of the story was great I thought and I loved the payoff for each strand.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinnerboy0

Has anyone played and enjoyed Gone Home? Have it in my library but never gave it a go, worth a playthrough?

I thought it was great. You'll finish it with change out of two hours so it would be a good one if you're bored some day.

sinnerboy0 wrote: »
    I thought it was great. You'll finish it with change out of two hours so it would be a good one if you're bored some day.

Can't you complete it in a minute and a half? I think I remember seeing a video of it after I had finished it.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

I've played it and would wholly recommend it. Story and atmosphere stayed with me much longer than most AAA games.

An a slightly related note, I'd also recommend Firewatch, actually has a bit more "gameplay" than the average walking simulator and a cracking story to boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinnerboy0

Can't you complete it in a minute and a half? I think I remember seeing a video of it after I had finished it.

Think you can complete it very quickly if you know what you're at. But sure you can complete Zelda botw in less than an hour but most spend 100+ hours on it before venturing to highrule castle.

I think some of the trophies are for completing it in like 20 mins while finding everything.

sinnerboy0 wrote: »
    Think you can complete it very quickly if you know what you're at. But sure you can complete Zelda botw in less than an hour but most spend 100+ hours on it before venturing to highrule castle.

I think some of the trophies are for completing it in like 20 mins while finding everything.

I saw Prey finished in 7 minutes which was amazing considering how many hours I had to pump into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

goon_magee wrote:
    An a slightly related note, I'd also recommend Firewatch, actually has a bit more "gameplay" than the average walking simulator and a cracking story to boot.

Played that. One of my favourite PS4 games for sure.

goon_magee wrote: »

If you want to push a little more into the 'gameplay' arena, you can go with Soma. That is absolutely brilliant with one of the best endings to a game ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Still no Days of Play email.

I'm beginning to think I might not win!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

J. Marston wrote: »
    Still no Days of Play email.

I'm beginning to think I might not win!

Same here............

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Evade wrote: »
    Same here.

Just got the email

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Just got the email

Same. Has anyone answered the questions yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just got mine too, about time.

I haven't. Saw the first one and thought "What the fúck?"

The questions are:
    Question 1
    Valkyries are some of the toughest opponents to fight in 2018’s God of War and there are nine to beat in total. During May 2018, how many times were PlayStation 4 players defeated by Valkyries globally in God of War?

Question 2
    There are a total of 32 Bronze Trophies to collect in EA SPORTS FIFA 18. During 2017, what was the total number of Bronze Trophies unlocked by PlayStation®4 players globally in EA SPORTS FIFA 18?

I'm going to try do some calculations here and put some logic behind my answers haha. Anyone who played God of War, are the Valkyries really that tough? How many times did you die on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Jesus they're mad questions to ask.

Equivalent of 'pick a number'

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The questions are:

I'm going to try do some calculations here and put some logic behind my answers haha. Anyone who played God of War, are the Valkyries really that tough? How many times did you die on them?

I'd allow an average of maybe 10 deaths per Valkyrie (to allow for numerous deaths on the final, much harder Valk, plus different difficulty modes).

So 10 deaths times 9 Valks times maybe 2.5million players (given some may not have defeated them all)?

The questions are:

Are we talking about it like in millions? Like all players together have been beaten 20 million times?

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    I'd allow an average of maybe 10 deaths per Valkyrie (to allow for numerous deaths on the final, much harder Valk, plus different difficulty modes).

So 10 deaths times 9 Valks times maybe 2.5million players (given some may not have defeated them all)?

Looks like God of War sold 5.5 million copies in May. So you're probably correct in the amount of players that actually killed all of them because I'm reading here that they're optional?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Looks like God of War sold 5.5 million copies in May. So you're probably correct in the amount of players that actually killed all of them because I'm reading here that they're optional?

Yeah, plus some might have only killed a few of them but not all, and some of the Valks are easier than others so not as many deaths. I think 2.5m players would balance it out.

But yeah, it's essentially just pick a number.

Pick a number? For you guys maybe. I'm getting my abacus!

I used these for my Fifa numbers:

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/271139/fifa-18-tops-10-million-units-sold-worldwide-at-retail/

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6723-fifa-18

If this helps anyone.

Feck knows what the GoW numbers could possibly be.

I used these for my Fifa numbers:

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/271139/fifa-18-tops-10-million-units-sold-worldwide-at-retail/

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6723-fifa-18

If this helps anyone.

Feck knows what the GoW numbers could possibly be.

There's a trophy for killing all Valkyries and it's rare at 13.4%. Then just guess how many people tried and died without killing them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Definitely got a trophy every day and no email for me :(:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

First one is simply ridiculous and could be anything, second one pretty confident I’m in the right ballpark after doing some work.

The second question is only used if two entrants guess the exact same amount for the first question.
    where two or more Entrants from the same Entrant Country provide equally accurate answers to the first tie breaker question, Promoter shall rely on the accuracy of the answers to the second tie breaker question to determine the winner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Definitely got a trophy every day and no email for me :(:rolleyes:
    Same here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Niska

Got the email and the questions are a bit....

pd = (pc * avg(vk) * avg(dpv) ) + ((pnc * avg(vk) * avg(dpv))

pd = Players defeated
    pc = players who completed the game
    pnc = players not completed the game
    vk = Valkyries defeated
    dpc - defeats per Valkyrie

The % on the relevant trophies may give some help for some of the figures.

Of course, that's the total defeats since launch - the defeats between launch (April 20th) and May 1st as well as those in June will need to be subtracted from the total.

So adding the one, carry the three, not a leap year , spin around four times... the answer is purple.?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement