Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

According to this article in January...

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/01/11/fifa-18-10-million-sold-ea-sports/

Fifa had sold 7.48 million units on PS4. The question is...
    During 2017, what was the total number of Bronze Trophies unlocked by PlayStation®4 players globally in EA SPORTS FIFA 18?
    I stopped playing the game at the end of November/start of December and have 13 bronze trophies. My two brothers have casually played it all year and have 17 and 19.

So, what, 6/7 million players multiplied by roughly an average of between maybe 15-20 trophies each?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

If youve got gmail and didn't get an email check your promotions tab, mine was in there but I got no notification for it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Those questions are fcuking awful!

Best of luck lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Has anyone played burnout paradise remaster for thr ps4. Seen it on store other day forgot it was out!

Had all the original games and loved thrm just wonder how it holds up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Has anyone played burnout paradise remaster for thr ps4. Seen it on store other day forgot it was out!

Haven't played the remaster but it's down to 22 in Argos and 20 in smyths if you're interested in getting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Get Dirt Rally instead :) Or get both :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Get Dirt Rally instead :) Or get both :):)

Yep get both. You couldn't get two more different driving games. In my opinion both are excellent in there genres. Now to qualify my enthusiasm, I'm playing Dirt Rally in psvr; with Burnout Paradise I was a huge fanboy of the original so my verdict is probably a bit more positive then most people's.

By the way, even single player Burnout is best played when you others on your friends list that have also played it so you can compete times and scores, even if you're just cruising around the open world. Add me on psn (eireog74) if you want somebody to go up against, I'm very average and you should have no bother beating my times 😊

A new burnout game be class actually! Might pick up the remaster for old times sake! It wasn't as good for crashs etc as the older ones but still class. Especially online.

Paradise nails the crashes, maybe even excessively so. Sometime very satisfying about the takedown events.

James74 wrote: »
    Paradise nails the crashes, maybe even excessively so. Sometime very satisfying about the takedown events.

The issue I had with paradise was it became a bit isolated at times being open world.

The first few where straight to the point. Almost destruction derby! Actually there's a game id love a remake of!

• Advertisement

Destruction Derby! I think that was one of the games I bought along with my first PS1. Reversing into everybody so you didn't screw up your engine.

Destruction Derby! I think that was one of the games I bought along with my first PS1. Reversing into everybody so you didn't screw up your engine.

Creating a pile up was so much fun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Introducing Wreckfest :D

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/06/01/wreckfest-ps4-release-date-set-for-november/

Heh, went on YouTube to see if rose tinted glasses were affecting my memory of Destruction Derby. You know what, it doesn't look that bad. Fell down a YouTube rabbit hole of PS1 games and found the game I want remade... Nuclear Strike. Anybody know is there a modern equivalent of any of Strike games?

There's not unfortunately, the Strike series seems to be retired.
    Nuclear Strike was some game, I remember seeing the fmvs in it and thinking they were Hollywood quality. Replays in the last few years have suggested otherwise :)

Aye, I remember seeing the videos and think this is amazing. From memory it was rock hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Was that on a demo disc that came with the console? Remember playing it but don't think I bought the full game. Thought it was the future when I played it. That and Actua Soccer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Was that on a demo disc that came with the console? Remember playing it but don't think I bought the full game. Thought it was the future when I played it. That and Actua Soccer

The first DD was on a demo disc alright, but it was DD2 where it really came into its own. First game I got with my shiny new PS1. Absolutely adored it! Would love a remake but they're made a few since, and Psygnosis is no more, instead being merged into another company and eventually became SIE London.

Just remaster DD2, i'll be happy.

A new burnout game be class actually! Might pick up the remaster for old times sake! It wasn't as good for crashs etc as the older ones but still class. Especially online.

This may interest you (posted in the Gaming News thread last week):
    Criterion founders reveal two new games [Eurogamer]
    Pining for a new Burnout? EA doesn't seem interested in having Criterion make a new one just yet. But we may soon get a couple of spiritual successors from the founders of the famed UK studio.

Three Fields Entertainment, which is led by Criterion founders Fiona Sperry and Alex Ward, has announced Danger Zone 2 (the sequel to the studio's 2017 game Danger Zone) and Dangerous Driving, both for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Seems they've split the racing and crash modes from Burnout into two separate games. I find that kind of odd actually, maybe they plan to make more money that way? Either way, looking forward to these, hope they turn out good.

The Sony PlayStation vertical stand is very very nice. Love the smoked effect on it.

• Advertisement

Is there any way I can add a PSN ID using the PlayStation app on my phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭doney84

Hi, has anyone successfully connected to PSN while using a VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

A friend needs to buy SonyBox for his nipper. Best deal please, probably wants fifa. Thanks n that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anyone having issues getting online tonight? Can get into the store and I'm signed in but Dark Souls 2 and Remastered kicks me back to the title screen saying I've been signed out of PSN and I get an error message while signed into Overwatch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

J. Marston wrote: »
    Anyone having issues getting online tonight? Can get into the store and I'm signed in but Dark Souls 2 and Remastered kicks me back to the title screen saying I've been signed out of PSN and I get an error message while signed into Overwatch.

Am online now, been on most of the day.

EDIT: checked online, seems to be an issue for some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

J. Marston wrote: »
    PSN outage.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/988026/PS4-servers-down-PSN-status-PlayStation/amp

Been playing threw the Resident evil games since start the year as been years since played most thrm.

Wanted to show my son as well. So anyway I'm on Code Veronica x at the moment downloaded it from ps store for my ps4 but dear god I'm ****ing jinxed on it.

First mistake I made was I ended up without the ammo needed to beat the tyrant on the plane so had to restart the game!

So since then I've been real careful about what I've been using and I've now a ton of stuff saved by for the end or whenever!

So I'm actually at the very end now but guess what I'm after ****ing doing......

Claire is stuck in a room and I can't release her no matter what I've tried and she has 3 of the dragon wings I need to make the key to start off the main boss fight.

No where in any walk through s told me to make sure I put these in the item box for Chris so now I'm fecked can't finish the game.

Searching everywhere online to see is way around it but can't find anything so annoying!!! Good thing I actually finished it on the ps2 back in the day!

• I found Code Veronica does not hold up well compared to the other RE games. And the backtracking in it is excessive.

• Advertisement

I found Code Veronica does not hold up well compared to the other RE games. And the backtracking in it is excessive.

Brilliant when was first released bit annoying now though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement