Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I remember playing it on the Dreamcast and got about 2/3rds of the way through it and pretty much ran out of ammo before a boss fight. Gave up on it and, even nearly 20 years later, it annoyed me so much that I will not get it on a modern console!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Anyone having issues logging in to Playstation?? Can't seem to connect to Network. I can use the PS4 browser to connect to the web. Strange.

• Doodah7 wrote: »
    Anyone having issues logging in to Playstation?? Can't seem to connect to Network. I can use the PS4 browser to connect to the web. Strange.

PSN outages on and off since last week
    Load of ****e but not that suprising

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

This particular issue was down to eir though, not PSN. There was loads down, couldn't access a lot of apps on my phone, but basic internet was fine - Fortnite on the Switch wasn't working for my son either, but Sky/Amazon Prime were working on the Xbox. Bit of a weird one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Example1989

Only experienced one PSN outage the last few weeks when Fortnite was updated, not sure why anyone is saying it's been on/off recently. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Dam,now was not a good time to do a full initialisation on my PS4 before getting a pro,5hours it says,5hrs!!!

Heres me thinkin hour tops:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Niska

Sony have announced limited edition Spiderman PS4 and Pro consoles for the upcoming September release of Spiderman.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/07/19/introducing-the-limited-edition-marvels-spider-man-ps4-pro-and-ps4-bundles/

There are also console bundles of the regular black ps4/pro and Spiderman game.

I'm in two minds over the dezign - I like the bold rdd and white sigil on the console but feel the white sections on the controller make it look half finished.

Wonder will Gamestop have a Pro trade in deal...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Niska wrote: »
    Sony have announced limited edition Spiderman PS4 and Pro consoles for the upcoming September release of Spiderman.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/07/19/introducing-the-limited-edition-marvels-spider-man-ps4-pro-and-ps4-bundles/

There are also console bundles of the regular black ps4/pro and Spiderman game.

I'm in two minds over the dezign - I like the bold rdd and white sigil on the console but feel the white sections on the controller make it look half finished.

Wonder will Gamestop have a Pro trade in deal...

Pretty much all custom PS4 designs look awful imo. The PS4 is something that is shoved on a shelf for the vast majority of people so the design is lost anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

What is going on with these designs, God of war and now Spider man.

There is a crazy amount of class designs they could have come up with for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I love the spiderman one but I might be a bit biased. Very very tempting but doubt I'll be getting a 4k telly til next year so will only go for this if Gamestop have a good trade in deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Pretty much all custom PS4 designs look awful imo. The PS4 is something that is shoved on a shelf for the vast majority of people so the design is lost anyways

The Darth Vader one is class. Very high quality look to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

How have people been finding the supersampling mode on the pro?

From digital foundry video had a quick look at it seems to be a mixed bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Any trade-in deals for that Spider-Man PS4 Pro?

I love the design of it. Although I am a big ass Spider-Man fan...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Wing126 wrote: »

They probably won't announce the trade in deal until closer to release of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I presume none of us here had any luck with the Days of Play competition or were winners announced yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Wing126 wrote: »

Was in st Stephens green today asking about the current trade in deal (a ps4 and any two games with a scan value plus 99euro for a pro.)

Was told this can be upgraded to the god of war edition but would cost 180 instead of the 99. She also said a similar deal would be coming for the Spider-Man console when it comes out.

Also I think if you have a pro to trade rather than a standard console it will cost 70euro.

I was thinking 180 might be a bit much for an upgrade but I suppose it does come with the deluxe version of the game as well.....

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

J. Marston wrote: »
    I presume none of us here had any luck with the Days of Play competition or were winners announced yet?

Still haven't heard anything or had an email. It did say winners will be notified 2 weeks from the closing date which I think has already passed.

I hope they actually tell us the correct answers for those ridiculous questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Was in st Stephens green today asking about the current trade in deal (a ps4 and any two games with a scan value plus 99euro for a pro.)

Was told this can be upgraded to the god of war edition but would cost 180 instead of the 99. She also said a similar deal would be coming for the Spider-Man console when it comes out.

Also I think if you have a pro to trade rather than a standard console it will cost 70euro.

Yeah, was in my local Gamestop asking about it after I posted that. Said they might be doing something similar to that. He said the last time they did it (for the GoW PS4) it was 50 and that's what he's expecting to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Can you get a remote to control the ps4/skygo?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    I did this and I can use my TV remote in the menus and on Youtube, Netflix, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Tyson Fury wrote: »

Yeah I have the snap remote, it's brilliant.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PDP-Media-Remote-For-PlayStation4/dp/B01L6PMZYG/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1532379963&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=ps4+remote&dpPl=1&dpID=417ortjgTKL&ref=plSrch

Not sure if that's the best price but the remote is top notch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I'll second this.

Decent remote, haven't came across any issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Perfect thanks.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition PS4 Game for £20 Delivered

NTSC version which Im told will work on any PS4 as the game and dlc are on the disc...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

NTSC version which Im told will work on any PS4 as the game and dlc are on the disc...

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, that's an absolute steal. Fantastic game. Great story if your into the Post Apocalyptic stuff. Well worth a play through at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

I probably shouldn't have, but £20 is £20 (or €21 when you factor in the exchange and all that.)

I think joining this section of boards is going to bankrupt me..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Had to pick that up at that price. Can add to the collection. Thanks for the link :)

NHL 19 open beta is live for this weekend. I couldn't find it on the store, had to search on the web version, 'buy' it, and then go to my library on the PS4 and download from there. 22 fecking GB but can make your own player and play online modes.

• Advertisement

NHL 19 is actually a great laugh. Only online modes after you create your character and I didn't know what was going on but it was a lot of fun, definitely recommend giving it a go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement