Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Is anyone else having connectivity issue with their PS4? Each time I turn it on now it is connected to my network but not to the net. I set the network connection up again and I can connect, though at poor speeds. I haven't had these issues before- Virgin is usually fairly reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Is anyone else having connectivity issue with their PS4? Each time I turn it on now it is connected to my network but not to the net. I set the network connection up again and I can connect, though at poor speeds. I haven't had these issues before- Virgin is usually fairly reliable.

I had that happen a week or two ago when PSN was having issues.

Its cleared itself up now though. On virgin as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

A bit of a ****ing joke at this stage.
    Cant even log in to psn so locked out of most of my games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Oh no, I should have bought an Xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Workin' fine for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

It's been working fine for me, have had no problems yet.

Using virgin media.

Playstation need to launch some sort of initiative to work on PSN. Get on stage and talk a bit about how they are investing in their network infrastructure.

The outages seem to be becoming more frequent has the playerbase grows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Street fighter V is on sale for a tenner. Got to be worth a punt at that right? Not a huge fighting game player but should be good for a 2 player when friends are over right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Working fine for me all morning since 9am...

• Advertisement

• DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Street fighter V is on sale for a tenner. Got to be worth a punt at that right? Not a huge fighting game player but should be good for a 2 player when friends are over right?

Think the arcade option is the one to go for tho.
    It costs a little more but is the more complete package

• Playstation need to launch some sort of initiative to work on PSN. Get on stage and talk a bit about how they are investing in their network infrastructure.

The outages seem to be becoming more frequent has the playerbase grows.

It's actually working fine for me this morning and last night but the reports are not that suprising all the same

Classic PSN

• A quick post on Nioh too

What a game! Can't believe I missed it last year. It's a steal at 14.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

A quick post on Nioh too

What a game! Can't believe I missed it last year. It's a steal at 14.99

I second that, brilliant game!

• DeSelby83 wrote: »

Actually just looked into this further, I think if you buy the PlayStation hits edition you will get the standard arcade patch also...

Not 100% but maybe someone here can confirm

*Edit* see here

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/80zp4s/is_street_fighter_5_and_street_fighter_5_arcade/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The standard game can be patched to have the same features as Arcade Edition, gameplay modes, and balance changes.

However, it does not include the Season 1 and 2 DLC characters. 12 in total.

Standalone Arcade Edition has those characters.

Neither edition has the Season 3 characters. Four released so far, with two more to come. Think the Season 3 Character Pass might be on sale too.

They can be unlocked using in game Fight Money, but it takes a lot of grinding.

I personally (as a competitive fighting game player) think it's a poor Street Fighter game, but for casual play, it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

https://www.destructoid.com/the-ps4-has-finally-overtaken-the-ps3-in-sony-s-latest-financial-report-515027.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
    This morning, Sony announced its first quarterly financial results, revealing that their current high-end console, PlayStation 4 has shipped 82.2 million units since launch, putting it ahead of its predecessor, PlayStation 3.

While the most recent sales period saw a decline in console sales on last year, the black box still managed to shift 3.2 million units to retailers, overtaking the PS3, of which numbered records stopped, around the 80 million mark, in 2013. The PS3 launched in 2006, so the PS4's figures have surpassed the predecessor in a shorter timeframe, a couple of years in fact.

In other news, Sony announced that although their paid subscription service, PlayStation Plus, has taken a slight dip in recent months, the company still hosts an amazing 33.9 million subscribers. Sony expect to shift a further 17 million PS4 consoles by April of 2019.

Incredible sales figures for PS4.

34 million ps plus subscribers, Sony getting about 150 million quid a month from us, surely it doesn't cost that much to buy an oldish game from a Dev to put on ps plus that's isn't complete shyte once in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    34 million ps plus subscribers, Sony getting about 150 million quid a month from us, surely it doesn't cost that much to buy an oldish game from a Dev to put on ps plus that's isn't complete shyte once in a while.

Just Cause 3, Infamous Second Son, Child of Light, MGS V, Darksiders 2, Amnesia Collection, Deus Ex, Rime, Trackmania Turbo, Bloodborne, Mad Max, Rayman Legends, XCom2, Trials Fusion, BLOPS III, Rachet and Clank... They're all in the last year. Wouldn't have thought that was a bad collection of games. They only major downside for me was the months with Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls recently. They're pure scutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

• Advertisement

Just Cause 3, Infamous Second Son, Child of Light, MGS V, Darksiders 2, Amnesia Collection, Deus Ex, Rime, Trackmania Turbo, Bloodborne, Mad Max, Rayman Legends, XCom2, Trials Fusion, BLOPS III, Rachet and Clank... They're all in the last year. Wouldn't have thought that was a bad collection of games. They only major downside for me was the months with Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls recently. They're pure scutter.

I think I've just had a bad year so far between games I already owned, indie shyte (king oddball, I'm looking at you) and games I just don't have interest in but I know you can't make everyone happy. Mad hearing those numbers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I really tried to get into this but it just felt so dull. I only survived the first chapter before I realised I'd have more fun doing stuff in real life like painting my house.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I really tried to get into this but it just felt so dull. I only survived the first chapter before I realised I'd have more fun doing stuff in real life like painting my house.

The game has its moments where it's really good, but f*ck me some parts of the game are a real struggle, and they just have you perform actions during the game for no reason other than just so you have to actually do something, like (and I'm aware I use this example every time I talk about this game but it was so infuriatingly egregious that it still annoys me to this day) tying the 60-something year old Police Chief's tie for him because somehow he got to that age and position without ever having to tie his own goddamn tie.

I think I've just had a bad year so far between games I already owned, indie shyte (king oddball, I'm looking at you) and games I just don't have interest in but I know you can't make everyone happy. Mad hearing those numbers though.

Yeah I think the games have actually gotten better this last year, but in many cases I've already played or own them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Cienciano wrote: »
    Apparently the PS4 has outsold the Xbox one 2 to 1.

EA released numbers for the sum of both console about the time Sony release their numbers for the same time period.

it was about 1 to 2.3

Penn wrote: »

It's amazing that PSN is such a train wreck when the PS4 is selling so well year on year.

Playstation need to make a hugely significant investment in their online infrastructure to keep up with online gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

It's amazing that PSN is such a train wreck when the PS4 is selling so well year on year.

Playstation need to make a hugely significant investment in their online infrastructure to keep up with online gaming.

You say this but there selling tons and tons of consoles,if it was that bad would they have sold so many?

The competition for sony have fallen off so badly and they only have to be better than the competition.

Of course we all know why your saying it but at least you could come up with something that makes sense.

#Weak

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've only owned Sony consoles since PS1 but I'm never happy when either one of them get into a too dominant position, it's not good for us as consumers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I agree with you, but King Oddball was better than a lot of the indie ****e. At least it wasn't another ****ing walking simulator or a "retro" style hipster party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

What? :confused:
    I'm not glued to it but it has only been down once for me this year & the sales are always great

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement