Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've only owned Sony consoles since PS1 but I'm never happy when either one of them get into a too dominant position, it's not good for us as consumers.

Id agree,was just pointing out that the network cant really be a train wreck givin that it works most of the time.

If it was that bad nobody would buy the console. Not saying it shouldnt improve or its perfect but most of the time it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Tbf, if it was anyone but Failsafe pointing out the problems with the network, which it does have - none of them are immune, I'd give them more credence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

EoinHef wrote: »
    Id agree,was just pointing out that the network cant really be a train wreck givin that it works most of the time.

If it was that bad nobody would buy the console. Not saying it shouldnt improve or its perfect but most of the time it works.

Yeah it does what it's supposed to do most of the time and I have no major problem with it. When it is down people go insane (myself included sometimes). Think it's great value considering I used to spend a fortune on tv packages that I rarely used.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

It's the equivalent of me saying Xbox has the most incredible exclusives.

PSN's "Tesco" network infrastructure is trash. It needs massive investment. I can see the mounting frustrations month on month. PSN membership sales have declined in the last few months according to Sony.

You say this but there selling tons and tons of consoles,if it was that bad would they have sold so many?

The competition for sony have fallen off so badly and they only have to be better than the competition.
    PS4 sales don't covert to PSN Plus memberships in any meaningful way.

Playstation's PSN+ sales are very weak for a console that has sold over 80 million units. I'd argue that the primary reason to purchase is to play exclusive games that do not require a PSN+ subscription.
    Of course we all know why your saying it but at least you could come up with something that makes sense

#Weak
    Because its what everyone knows. It's common knowledge that the PSN is a sub standard online service. With the amount of money coming in they should invest in upgrading their service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,896 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I agree with you, but King Oddball was better than a lot of the indie ****e. At least it wasn't another ****ing walking simulator or a "retro" style hipster party.

Ah ha, you see, if I had my way, there would be a walking simulator with ps plus every month :)

It's funny but I can't get into walking simulators at all. I've started quite a few of them and they all failed to hold my interest. The one exception is Until Dawn, which for some reason I loved.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's funny but I can't get into walking simulators at all. I've started quite a few of them and they all failed to hold my interest. The one exception is Until Dawn, which for some reason I loved.

I wouldn't have called Until Dawn a walking simulator at all. It would be closer to the Telltale style of games than anything else.

I've enjoyed a couple of Walking Sims but I'd really have to be in the right frame of mind for them. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, What Remains of Edith Finch and Firewatch I've all found to be great games. Each to their own I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just got email granting access to 6.0 beta, no sign of what the new features are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,896 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

For anyone hating on PSN service, **** happens.

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport/status/1024758680024014848?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,133 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just got email granting access to 6.0 beta, no sign of what the new features are

Think I read that new features aren't live on it yet, as they're just stress testing it first for general performance. But it's a whole-number update, so there's hopefully some big features coming.

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I think I should probably go on to the Xbox forum to tell them how bad the service is and how Microsoft are not investing enough.

Zero-Cool wrote: »

One post does not reflect the quality of a service.

When Playstation fans describe criticism of PSN as "hate" it is unlikely that Playstation will ever improve their Tesco network infrastructure.

If I can say Xbox exclusives need serious work you Playstation fans should be well able to admit that PSN is woefully inadequate.

PSN+ has lost a crushing 300,000 subscribers since March. People who want a great online gaming experience won't be looking for a Playstation going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

Could PSN be better? Sure.

Is PSN woefully inadequate? No.

300,000 is less than one percent of total subscribers. I'd hardly call it a crushing number.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I think I should probably go on to the Xbox forum to tell them how bad the service is and how Microsoft are not investing enough.

Please don't.

There is an "ignore" feature on boards.
    Click on posters name, select "add ??? to ignore list".

300,000 is less than one percent of total subscribers. I'd hardly call it a crushing number.

It is very much so. Both Xbox and Playstation's online network grow month on month usually. So that is cause for concern. They brought it up in an investors call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

A note on the version 6 beta is that any extended storage device used with system software 6.0 beta will no longer work with system software 5.5x or lower. Essentially if you want to downgrade after installing the beta, you will have to discontinue use of the extended storage or reformat it.

Other notes are that some games might not work correctly if you downgrade post beta. May just be a catchall warning, but just be aware of it.

Just a heads up as I usually fly through the notices but spotted this in the corner of my eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,006 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Personally I didn't buy it for the online experience. I like a good campaign mode but when I do decide to visit the store or play a MP game....... I'd like it to work, especially when that's what I'm supposedly paying for.

• Advertisement

When it works it's actually not great outside of gaming online, in that send a message and it might go through 5 minutes later, sometimes the Store decides it won't load up, download will complete in 99+ hours "pause...restart" download will complete in 4 minutes.

Still first world problems and all compared to Black Christmas 2014

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone sign up for realm Royale beta? I forgot to.. if anyone has a spare could would really appreciate it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Just got a PS4 pro. When I play Fortnite and go inside a building its really really dark. The settings seem ok..Anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Just got a PS4 pro. When I play Fortnite and go inside a building its really really dark. The settings seem ok..Anyone else have this problem?

Post a screenshot?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mine was as well until I changed the settings on the TV. I can't remember which game, but it was like being in a coal bunker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Limited to 50,000 units globally, the 500 Million Limited Edition PS4 Pro marks PlayStation surpassing an incredible 500 million system sales worldwide. There will be chances to win the PlayStation 4 Pro 500 Million Limited Edition as well as purchase it from select retailers across Europe from the 24th August. Packaged in a special translucent collector’s box, you’ll find a translucent dark blue 2TB PlayStation 4 Pro with a commemorative copper plate on its front, with its unique limited edition number. Bundled with the console is a matching Dualshock 4, vertical stand, mono-headset, plus a special dark blue PlayStation Camera and matching stand. The same wireless controller included with the PS4 Pro 500 Million Limited Edition will also be available separately on 24th August in select markets. Today we are also announcing a commemorative Gold Wireless Headset 500 Million Limited Edition, sporting the same dark blue translucent design with copper detailing.

I went on various sites to figure out the best settings for the TV as trial and error was never going to work. I think some of them turned the brightness up to max, certainly maxed some of the colour settings, which I would have never done myself.
    When I finished playing with it, real life seemed dull and dreary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

That PS4 Pro sounds good, but then you watch the video and see how rank it actually looks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

That PS4 Pro sounds good, but then you watch the video and see how rank it actually looks...

Yep. I don't know why these special editions always look so much worse than the normal ones. Surely it's not that difficult to design something that looks different AND good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Should have went with simple old grey or white PS1 colours

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement