Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

GerB40 wrote: »
    Does this mean that it's possible to download movies and music like on the ps3? If one were inclined to do that of course...

I tried two USB keys with movies and TV recordings on. It didn't recognise one key at all and didn't show any movie files on the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

odie’s story is a tumultuous one, and one we know touched many of you at the time. On PS4 you will have the opportunity to experience that story played in chronological order, watching Jodie grow from a curious young girl to a powerful woman. We’re hoping you’ll get a kick out of this much-requested mode.

Ah... doesn't that completely change how the game was told on PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

Hi all,
    can anyone recommend a 2TB hard drive for the Ps4?
    i'll need one with all the digital games i'll be getting.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I tried two USB keys with movies and TV recordings on. It didn't recognise one key at all and didn't show any movie files on the other.

I had an episode of GOT on a 16GB 2.0 USB Stick, worked perfect. The file looked great.

Big plus for PS4 for me, especially the MKV support.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    I had an episode of GOT on a 16GB 2.0 USB Stick, worked perfect. The file looked great.

Big plus for PS4 for me, especially the MKV support.

Doesn't really do a whole lot for me, my TV has supported MKVs via USB for the last 4 years, the only TV that doesn't has an Android box and that has played everything I've thrown at it so far....

Interested to see if the cinavia ****e comes back a la PS3....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Fieldog wrote: »
    Doesn't really do a whole lot for me, my TV has supported MKVs via USB for the last 4 years, the only TV that doesn't has an Android box and that has played everything I've thrown at it so far....

Interested to see if the cinavia ****e comes back a la PS3....

Cinavia is on ps4 and the one, it's part of the blue-ray standard.

Varik wrote: »
    Cinavia is on ps4 and the one, it's part of the blue-ray standard.

Really, didn't know that it was on the One also!

Only time it ever gave me jip was watching a dodgy cam of a Sony movie via USB....

What's Cinavia?

BTW, appreciate that a lot of TVs have USB support but my Sony telly is about 5 years old and has great picture quality, the world of connections and Freesat/Saorview built in, no reason to change.

Even just for listening to your own music, the media player is dead handy!

What's Cinavia?

BTW, appreciate that a lot of TVs have USB support but my Sony telly is about 5 years old and has great picture quality, the world of connections and Freesat/Saorview built in, no reason to change.

What's Cinavia?

Cinavia is an anti pirate yoke, it picks up if your watching torrents etc on your PS/Xbox....

• Advertisement

How about streaming from the browser? I'm subscribed to a streaming service that works fine on PS3 but not PS4, will there be any change there?

I'd imagine no change. The media player is just an App, no changes to the PS4, no updates or such.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Cinavia is an anti pirate yoke, it picks up if your watching torrents etc on your PS/Xbox....

Oh god, sounds dreadful! How could it tell if an MKV was copyrighted or not though?

Oh god, sounds dreadful! How could it tell if an MKV was copyrighted or not though?

There's a audio watermark on it, the system hears this and knows if it was from cinema/blue ray/stream copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Hi all,

Thanks

I'm after one myself pal.. hopefully someone knows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Hi all,

Thanks
    Derek! wrote: »
    I'm after one myself pal.. hopefully someone knows

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=2489935&authToken=

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Kerbal Space Program is getting a PS4 release, developer Squad has announced.

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/kerbal_space_program/news/kerbal_space_program_heading_to_ps4.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Anybody think this would fit, as the one in Argos is out of stock anywhere in Dublin.
    http://www.currys.ie/Product/seagate-expansion-external-hard-drive-3-tb-black/317180/400.4.0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone know when you preorder on the PS store can you download the game a few days before release so that it's ready to start playing right away on release?

My internet is crappie so takes a couple days to download a full game usually

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Anyone know when you preorder on the PS store can you download the game a few days before release so that it's ready to start playing right away on release?

My internet is crappie so takes a couple days to download a full game usually

It depends on the game as to when and if it will allow pre-loading according to the Developer. Sometimes the US will get pre-load option and we won't. It's very hit and miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

JamboMac wrote: »
    Anybody think this would fit, as the one in Argos is out of stock anywhere in Dublin.
    http://www.currys.ie/Product/seagate-expansion-external-hard-drive-3-tb-black/317180/400.4.0

No, as there are no 3TB HDDs that currently fit in the 9.5mm form factor yet. A 2TB HDD is as high capacity as you can go for the time being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

No, as there are no 3TB HDDs that currently fit in the 9.5mm form factor yet. A 2TB HDD is as high capacity as you can go for the time being.

Is it possible to replace the internal drive like on the PS3 ?? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Yes. 500 GB filled up very quickly for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Played around a bit with the Media Server, using Plex as an dnla it played everything I threw at it, as usual subtitles are an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

500gb really isn't enough, I'm gonna have upgrade my hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Xenji wrote: »
    Played around a bit with the Media Server, using Plex as an dnla it played everything I threw at it, as usual subtitles are an issue.

Doing the same. Why are subtitles an issue?

That's going to be really annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Don't even have a ps4 yet but I've ordered the 2tb hard drive for the imminent ps4 arrival.

tok9 wrote: »
    Doing the same. Why are subtitles an issue?

That's going to be really annoying.

Found that no matter the player it's never right, better off with a PC (HTPC) or use android (from phone or dedicated android device).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Media player is great...
    Just playing music from my laptop library on low volume through my headset while still getting the game audio... Makes spotify redundant for me now.
    Just played a couple of videos from my laptop library and didnt see any issues at all either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Is Dragon Quest Heroes supposed to be any good?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement