Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

ERG89 wrote: »
    Should have went with simple old grey or white PS1 colours

Yes, translucent blue is just awful.

The limited edition PS4 that had the PS One style was awesome however these special edition PS4's lately are shockingly bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

The limited edition PS4 that had the PS One style was awesome however these special edition PS4's lately are shockingly bad.

They've all been gick from what I've seen over the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The PS4 20th anniversary edition. That was awesome.

PS4_anniversary_ed_3126600b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The Darth Vader one was pretty nice.

That PS4 Pro sounds good, but then you watch the video and see how rank it actually looks...
    Yep. I don't know why these special editions always look so much worse than the normal ones. Surely it's not that difficult to design something that looks different AND good.
    ERG89 wrote: »
    Should have went with simple old grey or white PS1 colours

You're all nuts. :p

I think it looks great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

The PS4 20th anniversary edition. That was awesome.

PS4_anniversary_ed_3126600b.jpg

Was lucky enough to win one of these when they came out. Only 20 were given away in Ireland.

Still have it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Wing126 wrote: »
    Was lucky enough to win one of these when they came out. Only 20 were given away in Ireland.

Still have it :D

Ya jammy huer! :P

It truly is a thing of beauty though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone recommend 2 cheap games to pick up to trade in for that Gamestop offer of upgrade to a ps4 pro for 100 euro and any 2 games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone recommend 2 cheap games to pick up to trade in for that Gamestop offer of upgrade to a ps4 pro for 100 euro and any 2 games?

I think Gamestop are out of stock at the moment. I'd say adverts or CEX is prob your best bet to get two cheap games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Open up ie.webuy.com, argos.ie and toys.ie, search for the games on the list and find the cheapest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Deus Ex is €8 in Cex and that's one of the games I traded in

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Fifa 17 us one they will take as it has a trade in of 10 cent so should be around 5er in cex by now

• Registered Users Posts: 29,136 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What are the chances of the God of War DLC and complete edition being released this year?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What are the chances of the God of War DLC and complete edition being released this year?

No dlc is being worked on at the minute so I don't think there's much of a chance.

Aye, good on them for that. Would work better if it wasn't a F2P card game though. Let's see them do that with Fallout 76, that would really stick it to Sony for being so draconic with cross platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

They tend to get a pretty bad rep, but I have to say my experience of Sony customer service was excellent this morning. Bought DLC for a game on the wrong account and phoned to ask for a refund. Hadn’t started the download yet which I think was in my favour regarding their T’s&C’s. 10 minutes to answer my call, which isn’t bad for first thing on a Monday morning.

was then dealt with in a very friendly manner and my issue was sorted after about 10 minutes as it was the first time the guy had dealt with a season pass refund issue. I’ll offered to refund to my card or SEN wallet. Chose the wallet option as there’s something coming out soon that’s caught my eye.

Very impressed. Though I suppose it’s possible I’m an outlier in regards to good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

Looking for two more players in H1Z1 (the free PUBG clone) to play fives if anyone's interested. Send me a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Doge wrote: »
    Looking for two more players in H1Z1 (the free PUBG clone) to play fives if anyone's interested. Send me a pm.

H1Z1 came first :pac:

morritty wrote: »
    H1Z1 came first :pac:

Brendan Greene literally worked for Sony on H1Z1. He cloned the idea from himself :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

Really? I assumed after PUBG sued fortnite that they were the first to do it even though the idea was not entirely new to begin with!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Doge wrote: »
    Really? I assumed after PUBG sued fortnite that they were the first to do it even though the idea was not entirely new to begin with!

I think it was specific things within the game that they tried suing Fortnite over, like presentation and using a frying pan as a weapon.

Penn wrote: »
    I think it was specific things within the game that they tried suing Fortnite over, like presentation and using a frying pan as a weapon.

PUBG sued Fortnite saying they copied their IP with the Battle Royale mode, but that suit was dropped.

The frying pan suit was against mobile game developers.

Regardless PUBG corp are sue-happy to try and stop any competitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

My brother went to Gamestop to trade his PS4 against a new Pro. Because he had opened the machine to clean the fan they wont accept the PS4.

Is this normal practice for GameStop? Anyway around it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

nedd wrote:

I've heard of people buying seals on eBay...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

nedd wrote: »
    My brother went to Gamestop to trade his PS4 against a new Pro. Because he had opened the machine to clean the fan they wont accept the PS4.

Thanks
    Were the labels removed from the back? It's standard practice to not accept as no way of knowing if the console had been modded or not. You can buy replacement labels, same thing happened to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

Were the labels removed from the back? It's standard practice to not accept as no way of knowing if the console had been modded or not. You can buy replacement labels, same thing happened to me

Thanks for that, just googled it and they are not expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I'm thinking of upgrading to a Pro, just have a Fortnite question before I do. When I downloaded Fortnite I didn't link it to Epic Games and have since set up an Epic Games account so my nephew can play it on my Switch. Both accounts use the same email address. Would I be right in assuming that my PSN login can carry over to a new console without losing progress or linking to the Epic account?

I'm thinking of upgrading to a Pro, just have a Fortnite question before I do. When I downloaded Fortnite I didn't link it to Epic Games and have since set up an Epic Games account so my nephew can play it on my Switch. Both accounts use the same email address. Would I be right in assuming that my PSN login can carry over to a new console without losing progress or linking to the Epic account?

No, progress will not move between consoles.

Edit: actually, when you say carry over to a new console, do you mean to a new PS4? Or to the Switch?

If it's to the Switch, then your progress will not carry over. If it's to a new PS4 and you haven't linked your Epic account, then I'm not sure if progress carries, but I imagine it should.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Wing126 wrote: »
    No, progress will not move between consoles.

Edit: actually, when you say carry over to a new console, do you mean to a new PS4? Or to the Switch?

If it's to the Switch, then your progress will not carry over. If it's to a new PS4 and you haven't linked your Epic account, then I'm not sure if progress carries, but I imagine it should.

A new PS4.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement