Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Fortnite game settings and saves are saved to Epic's servers and not the PSN cloud. Therefore when you reinstall Fortnite on your new PS4 and you log in with your PSN account, all will be as before.

I didn't think you could use your PSN Fortnite account on a Switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Doodah7 wrote: »
    I didn't think you could use your PSN Fortnite account on a Switch?

You can't, I didn't link PSN to Epic so when I set up an account for the switch it let me use the same email. This was back when Battle Royale first launched so maybe it can't be done anymore? It's not a big deal anyway so if I'm unsure I might go back and link the accounts then set up a new one for the Switch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

You can't, I didn't link PSN to Epic so when I set up an account for the switch it let me use the same email. This was back when Battle Royale first launched so maybe it can't be done anymore? It's not a big deal anyway so if I'm unsure I might go back and link the accounts then set up a new one for the Switch

You will need to link them otherwise you will lose your game save on the new PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Advertisement

42272219170_e993aeabfd_k.jpg
    Berry Blue ^

42272226420_965346c36b_k.jpg
    Copper ^

42272226910_87c8e6c156_k.jpg

Camouflage ^

30212807848_61da44816d_k.jpg
    Sunset Orange ^

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Berry Blue ^

Copper ^
    Camouflage ^

Sunset Orange ^

Still only seeing three.

Still only seeing three.

I can see all four on the Firefox browser.

Here's another link.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I can see all four on the Firefox browser.

Here's another link.

Ah Jordan lad(?), your too pure.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Not gonna lie, i like the look of the orange one. Nice and bold colouring on it.

Still not going to pay €50+ on a controller though.

Have they put in bigger batteries yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

That Sunset Orange has been available in some territories for a while now, glad they're bringing it here too, it's a really nice colouring!

Wing126 wrote: »
    That Sunset Orange has been available in some territories for a while now, glad they're bringing it here too, it's a really nice colouring!

Of all the ones above coming up for release, Sunset Orange is my favourite.

Anyone here own, or has seen in the flesh, the Glacier White Pro? Currys have it for €370 delivered, but I wouldn't be keen on it if it's a glossy finish or is a general dirt magnet.

Edit: Never mind, they're temporarily out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Anyone here own, or has seen in the flesh, the Glacier White Pro? Currys have it for €370 delivered, but I wouldn't be keen on it if it's a glossy finish or is a general dirt magnet.

Edit: Never mind, they're temporarily out of them.
    All i can say is the slim is a matte finish, you can easy see dust on it though. I would assume the pro is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

The Orange one works well as it's contrasting colour on the buttons and sticks, really makes it pop.

It's a dark blue/purple.

Sorry, I'm colour blind :D

morritty wrote: »
    All i can say is the slim is a matte finish, you can easy see dust on it though. I would assume the pro is the same.

I should probably just dust more often... or get a dust coloured one :o I guess with dbrand, Slickwraps etc, anything's possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks like new store search feature coming in next update, about damn time!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

That current search feature is woeful! I've been using my phone to log onto the store and download stuff because it doesn't take me a half hour scrolling through every letter of the alphabet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Great change, really wonder what else as it's a full number updated this can't be all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Sorry, couldn't watch that because he kept pronouncing beta wrong... It's bay-tah, not bee-tah! And what a messy XMB! Folders people!!!

So i take it they removed the alphabetical search and replaced it with a normal search? Anything else new?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    That current search feature is woeful! I've been using my phone to log onto the store and download stuff because it doesn't take me a half hour scrolling through every letter of the alphabet.

The phone is way better for browsing. I think the wishlist is only on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Anyone use a wired controller? I'm having issues with my Bluetooth on both controllers which is causing intermittent lag. Am thinking of getting a wired one.

penev10 wrote: »
    Anyone use a wired controller? I'm having issues with my Bluetooth on both controllers which is causing intermittent lag. Am thinking of getting a wired one.

Any USB hubs around, or anything using 2.4GHz

Varik wrote: »

Just looked at a list of things that us 2.4ghz and yeah plenty of phones, a microwave, a wifi extender etc. How close do they need to be to cause interference though?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Damien360

penev10 wrote: »
    Varik wrote: »

Just looked at a list of things that us 2.4ghz and yeah plenty of phones, a microwave, a wifi extender etc. How close do they need to be to cause interference though?

WiFi extender will be strongest signal. Is it beside the PS4 ?

Also, try a reset of your controllers. There is a small hole at the back beside the left trigger button. Hold it for a few days seconds to reset. I think you need your USB cable to get the PS4 to recognize them again for the first time.

Damien360 wrote: »
    WiFi extender will be strongest signal. Is it beside the PS4 ?

Also, try a reset of your controllers. There is a small hole at the back beside the left trigger button. Hold it for a few days seconds to reset. I think you need your USB cable to get the PS4 to recognize them again for the first time.

Cheers I'll try that.

The WiFi extender is in another room, probably a good 20 feet away from the Ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Are wifi extenders worth the purchase? Have fibre on but my connection upstairs on my PS4 is terrible, getting between 1-5mbs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Damien360

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Are wifi extenders worth the purchase? Have fibre on but my connection upstairs on my PS4 is terrible, getting between 1-5mbs

Not what the OP had problems with but I use homeplugs instead. On Amazon look for TP-link TL-PA4010kit. I use an older version of those and they work much better. More stable than wifi although not necessarily faster than my 5GHz wifi.

• Advertisement

homeplugs aren't suited for every house, and if you've any delicate audio equipment they can lead to interference there and noise on speakers or headphones. You also have issue with signal drop from any high usage such as electric showers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement