Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Damien360 wrote: »
    Not what the OP had problems with but I use homeplugs instead. On Amazon look for TP-link TL-PA4010kit. I use an older version of those and they work much better. More stable than wifi although not necessarily faster than my 5GHz wifi.

Yeah sorry wasn't related to his question, I just seen them get brought up and thought I'd ask cause I'm considering buying them.

I've the old PS4 so can't get a 5ghz wifi connection, and I've Sky broadband. The modem is downstairs but my PS4 is the only device in the house that has problems with the speed, would they improve my connection much? Don't necessarily care about speed but would just like a more stable connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Yeah sorry wasn't related to his question, I just seen them get brought up and thought I'd ask cause I'm considering buying them.

I've the old PS4 so can't get a 5ghz wifi connection, and I've Sky broadband. The modem is downstairs but my PS4 is the only device in the house that has problems with the speed, would they improve my connection much? Don't necessarily care about speed but would just like a more stable connection.

You won't know about stability until you try.

Nothing beats Cat5/6, cheap but requires work and stops being cheap if you need someone to do it for you or an option if renting. How old is the house, is there a phone line in the room they might have used cat5 for phones lines.

Another option which is more expensive are wifi mesh networks, you could get a 2 pack and it'd improve signal throughout the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Damien360

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Damien360 wrote: »
    Not what the OP had problems with but I use homeplugs instead. On Amazon look for TP-link TL-PA4010kit. I use an older version of those and they work much better. More stable than wifi although not necessarily faster than my 5GHz wifi.

Worked for me but Varik's post about suitability to every home should be considered. They are £24stg plus shipping on Amazon so worth a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I have a Netgear N300 and it gives a full strength signal in a previous wifi blackspot in the house. I've connected the PS4 to it once just to test it and it seemed fine and my son uses it for Switch all the time without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

• Advertisement

Literally unplayable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Not good news but expected.

In the link you post by some nobody by the way, so I'll take it with a pinch of salt, he proceeds to call Sony and I quote "racist shady dickholes".

Call me suspicious but I'd doubt the veracity of his Info.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    In the link you post by some nobody by the way, so I'll take it with a pinch of salt, he proceeds to call Sony and I quote "racist shady dickholes".

Call me suspicious but I'd doubt the veracity of his Info.

:eek:

DlF_DVGV4AAKvDo.jpg

DlF_DVDU4AATLh5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,184 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's been a year, of course the puddles have dried up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yeah... Just because someone places an IGN logo in a corner of an image doesn't make it legitimate.

Also, on a reverse image search, it barely shows up anywhere.

Get some official or reliable sources or stop posting nonsense.

• Advertisement

Yeah... Just because someone places an IGN logo in a corner of an image doesn't make it legitimate.

Get some official or reliable sources or stop posting nonsense.
    Its already confirmed. As I said not unexpected these days. There's always a nerf in quality when compared next to their trade show gameplay.

Its already confirmed. As I said not unexpected these days. There's always a nerf in quality when compared next to their trade show gameplay.

Actually its been confirmed by Insomniac that it's not a downgrade and it's just a change of puddle and lighting.

https://twitter.com/spiydaman/status/1031558676543401986?s=19

Actually its been confirmed by Insomniac that it's not a downgrade and it's just a change of puddle and lighting.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Have you actual confirmation to the contrary or just random fanboy twitter accounts?

Have you actual confirmation to the contrary or just random fanboy twitter accounts?

I have a set of eyes :)

Its without a doubt downgraded but I don't know why people are getting so defensive about it. This is common for AAA releases. I've looked at countless images of gameplay footage today and its clear as day. Everyone has been looking at puddles while I have been looking at textures in general.

I suggest everyone compares it themselves to clearly see the difference.

Very selective words being used now. What is and isn't considered a downgrade, hmmm.

Why not just come out and say its just small changes rather than full force stating its not a downgrade.

https://twitter.com/JamesStevenson/status/1033584958630031360

I have a set of eyes :)

Its without a doubt downgraded but I don't know why people are getting so defensive about it. This is common for AAA releases. I've looked at countless images of gameplay footage today and its clear as day. Everyone has been looking at puddles while I have been looking at textures in general.

I suggest everyone compares it themselves to clearly see the difference.

Nobody is defensive. People are just waiting to see official or confirmation from reliable sources rather than fanboys on twitter losing their mind on schedule with whatever make-believe nonsense fulfils their usual agenda.

Tbh I know his these arguments go... I'll let you believe whatever nonsense you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The shading is way different in that aswell. Bottom picture looks really washed out or something

Nobody is defensive. People are just waiting to see official or confirmation from reliable sources rather than fanboys on twitter losing their mind on schedule with whatever make-believe nonsense fulfils their usual agenda.

Tbh I know his these arguments go... I'll let you believe whatever nonsense you like.

Well, what is interesting about this is you have fans from every camp complaining about the downgrade. Its quite interesting to read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Well, what is interesting about this is you have fans from every camp complaining about the downgrade. Its quite interesting to read.

You're some man :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

2gm9ar.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Trade show builds are never the complete package, so as the scope of a project increases it only makes sense that things get slowly dialled back along the way. Not necessarily the big conspiracy it's always made out to be, just necessary comprises.

What's more surprising to me nowadays is people still getting their wee knickers in a twist and still feeling hard done by over the head of "downgrades". The game looks ****ing beautiful, both in stills and in motion when watching videos. If anything I'm surprised it looks as good as it does given the scale and detail of the city along with the speed you can traverse it.

Bring on Sept 7th, cannot wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

dudeeile wrote: »
    2gm9ar.jpg

More like…

2gnlik.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Don't worry Failsafe, there's a Spiderman game already out for you to play on your OneX so you don't feel left out,

Isn't it great having backwards compatibility, coz there's feck all else to play on the OneX.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Don't worry Failsafe, there's a Spiderman game already out for you to play on your OneX so you don't feel left out,

Isn't it great having backwards compatibility, coz there's feck all else to play on the OneX.

What exactly does a post like this achieve? Do you feel better now after typing it out?

There's plenty to play on an Xbox and some great value services available.

I am still going to buy it. Even with the downgrade.

CDJgFgF.gif

DlfTFcHXoAEFwvs.jpg

• Link to the actual article? Not some random twitter account preferable.

Interesting to dig deep into this one.

Gotta love the little IGN symbol on the bottom of the pic even though I cant see anything on the IGN site at all :P

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

It most likely came from their youtube. It's fairly petty that people are taking screen shots from a third-party youtube channel, comparing it to in-progress footage and claim they're being lied to or robbed, only to justify not owning a PS4. DigitalFoundry will eventually do a break down and comparison of the graphics. Even then, I'll still buy it. I love Spiderman, Insomniac and the Arkham games so it's a must buy for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

There is just as many of these videos doing the rounds that actually demonstrate what looks to be a dramatic upgrade over the 2016 build. Not saying these are any more legit than the ****e which was linked to today, just noting that they were conveniently not mentioned, almost as if to push some sort of agenda...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Gotta love the little IGN symbol on the bottom of the pic even though I cant see anything on the IGN site at all :P

The screen shots are indeed from the same IGN video at 1:59 and 2:17 in:

Then again, they're only screenshots from a damn youtube video. Ridiculous notion for anyone to post photos from a condensed vid and claim it's a downgrade from whats obviously an incomplete game. Best to avoid some over-entitled posters here and wait just 11 days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement