Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Onimusha: Warlords arrives on PS4 on 15th January 2019 with a high-definition visual upgrade and features that will improve your sword-fighting adventure

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/08/28/capcom-fan-favourite-onimusha-warlords-is-coming-to-ps4-with-a-host-of-new-features/

I'd prefer it on PC but glad it's coming out as I never got around to the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Onimusha: Warlords arrives on PS4 on 15th January 2019 with a high-definition visual upgrade and features that will improve your sword-fighting adventure

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/08/28/capcom-fan-favourite-onimusha-warlords-is-coming-to-ps4-with-a-host-of-new-features/

Coming for Switch and Xbox as well in case anyone was thinking it's an exclusive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And PC which makes me happy.

Hope the sequels come as well, although didn't they get crap later on?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Surely with their reluctance on making new games & all these remakes Capcom will eventually remake Dino Crisis 1 & 2 *crosses fingers*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

skerry wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking. Although I did notice a big difference when upgrading from the One S to the X.

Only want it for exclusives like GOW, Spiderman and Persona 5 and One X will be used for everything else.

I'm guessing Gamestop will put the upgrade offer on again at some stage and could always upgrade from PS4 to Pro then if that happened (although not guaranteed)

Well that escalated quickly. Bought PS4 Pro Spiderman bundle there..feic it :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Well that escalated quickly. Bought PS4 Pro Spiderman bundle there..feic it :D:D

If you haven't had a Ps4 before I'd get Bloodborne, You'll either thank me or hunt me down and kill me. Also TLOU, for not playing that there is no excuse or forgiveness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Gimli I still haven't played it since the day we were talking about it playing the division.. the box is staring at me ha

gimli2112 wrote: »
    If you haven't had a Ps4 before I'd get Bloodborne, You'll either thank me or hunt me down and kill me. Also TLOU, for not playing that there is no excuse or forgiveness.

Never had a Playstation, was always an Xbox man. Have the One X as main workhorse but Spiderman, Persona 5 and GoW have pushed me over the edge.

Just got into Dark Souls 3 the last month or so so will definitely pick up Bloodborne. Will no doubt be back here more often picking brains on where best game and sub bargains can be had.

Got the Pro with Spiderman for €335 and was gonna buy Spiderman when I eventually got one anyway so I'm happy with that.

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Gimli I still haven't played it since the day we were talking about it playing the division.. the box is staring at me ha

jesus, there's just no hope for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Got the Pro with Spiderman for €335 and was gonna buy Spiderman when I eventually got one anyway so I'm happy with that.

Where did you get that price?!

• Advertisement

Never had a Playstation, was always an Xbox man. Have the One X as main workhorse but Spiderman, Persona 5 and GoW have pushed me over the edge.

Just got into Dark Souls 3 the last month or so so will definitely pick up Bloodborne. Will no doubt be back here more often picking brains on where best game and sub bargains can be had.

DS3 and BB are alike but not alike. I got BB on plus for free a few months ago. Loved it bought the dlc and DS3. Can't get into DS3. It's a good game but it can be difficult to go from one to the other because there are key game play differences. Read somewhere that just over 1/2 of the people who play BB progress past the first mandatory boss.

Where did you get that price?!

From Shopto on Ebay using below HDUK link. Its using an Ebay.com code on the UK site. Bit of messing around but instructions are on the link and works out at £297 which is pretty sweet considering same bundle on Smyths is something like €430. Think code only work until 6 AM tomorrow or something.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ps4-pro-1tb-marvels-spider-man-console-29738-shopto-ebay-starts-at-4pm-3030627?page=3#thread-comments

From Shopto on Ebay using below HDUK link. Its using an Ebay.com code on the UK site. Bit of messing around but instructions are on the link and works out at £297 which is pretty sweet considering same bundle on Smyths is something like €430. Think code only work until 6 AM tomorrow or something.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ps4-pro-1tb-marvels-spider-man-console-29738-shopto-ebay-starts-at-4pm-3030627?page=3#thread-comments

Great stuff, thanks!

Great stuff, thanks!

Need to change eBay registration address using link in first comment on hduk link. Follow instruction steps then and code should work fine for 15%

Don't deliver to Ireland so use Parcel Motel or alternative

It's the standard black pro also and not red spidey one

DS3 and BB are alike but not alike. I got BB on plus for free a few months ago. Loved it bought the dlc and DS3. Can't get into DS3. It's a good game but it can be difficult to go from one to the other because there are key game play differences. Read somewhere that just over 1/2 of the people who play BB progress past the first mandatory boss.

Similar with DS3, I bought it ages back and thought I'd get stuck into my first Souls experience. Got to the 'tutorial' boss and after he hammered the living sh!te out of me for a few hours I dropped it. Picked it up again last month and beat him and got stuck into it proper then. Must get back to it again, haven't played in a couple weeks as it can be fairly intense as games go.

Need to change eBay registration address using link in first comment on hduk link. Follow instruction steps then and code should work fine for 15%

Don't deliver to Ireland so use Parcel Motel or alternative

It's the standard black pro also and not red spidey one

Got it ordered there after a few false starts. Thanks again - huge savings over what I nearly paid elsewhere. I suppose the only negative is that it won't arrive until early the following week, by which time I'll be back in college. Screw it.... I can knuckle down in October! :pac:

Got it ordered there after a few false starts. Thanks again - huge savings over what I nearly paid elsewhere. I suppose the only negative is that it won't arrive until early the following week, by which time I'll be back in college. Screw it.... I can knuckle down in October! :pac:

Cool, glad you got sorted. Took a few efforts to get it done myself too. Hopefully no issues now and they can fulfil orders as I'd say judging by hduk thread there was a big surge in sale yesterday.

Wait doesn't bother me. I've been mulling over buying one for ages and have my Xbox backlog to keep me entertained

Now to look out for some decent cheap PS4 exclusives I've been missing out on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Got the fortnight ps4 bundle. Is the game any good? I've never heard of it. Might download it later on.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just got a system 6.00 beta invite. I thought they were alread yall sent out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just got a system 6.00 beta invite. I thought they were alread yall sent out.

Got that as well. They must be sending to a secondary group as I didn't actually register for this Beta but did for the last one (I missed the gate on 6.0 beta)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

nedd wrote: »
    Got that as well. They must be sending to a secondary group as I didn't actually register for this Beta but did for the last one (I missed the gate on 6.0 beta)

Got that as well. What's meant to be coming in this update?

I know this was probably discussed many times but if I was to upgrade to a PS4 Pro, what backup is needed before selling/trading my regular ps4? I can upload my saves to the cloud and I'm not pushed on the actual data on the hardrive being formated, can always download the games again. Is there anything else that you would suggest keeping/checking before formatting?

Also, before a format, would you deactivate as primary ps4 before formatting or would that matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I know this was probably discussed many times but if I was to upgrade to a PS4 Pro, what backup is needed before selling/trading my regular ps4? I can upload my saves to the cloud and I'm not pushed on the actual data on the hardrive being formated, can always download the games again. Is there anything else that you would suggest keeping/checking before formatting?

Also, before a format, would you deactivate as primary ps4 before formatting or would that matter?

I downloaded my profiles and saves to a memory stick, deactivated as primary ps4 and initialized the ps4 basically resetting it

I downloaded my profiles and saves to a memory stick, deactivated as primary ps4 and initialized the ps4 basically resetting it

Cool, downloading profiles to a usb key would be handy alright. If I was to bring it in to Gamestop for testing, would ye leave it as is and format it when they are done or safer format and let them do what they want with the testing.

I transferred nothing from the PS4 to the Pro. Once I set everything up and activated the Pro as my primary console everything seemed fine. I'm not missing anything. Downloaded some game saves from cloud and reinstalled the games on the Pro but don't remember any of it taking too long except for destiny which had a shedload of DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Cool, downloading profiles to a usb key would be handy alright. If I was to bring it in to Gamestop for testing, would ye leave it as is and format it when they are done or safer format and let them do what they want with the testing.

Well you wont get your PS4 back after they test it.

Ive heard others let gamestop format it for them after they tested it. I initialised mine so it was totally wiped when i brought it in,that incresed the time it took them to test it as i assume they needed to install a game but hanging around wasnt an issue for me.

Personally id rarther wipe the console myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I just brought it in as was to let them test and they told me they'd reformat it for me.

Thanks lads, yeah waiting wouldn't be an issue and I'd feel better formatting it myself. Will go that route....if I upgrade to Pro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I am one of those who never got past the first boss :( at least I know now that there are more of me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If you'll still have the regular PS4 when you get the Pro, there's a very easy way to transfer. You connect your 4 to the Pro with Ethernet and it literally transfers everything over, and you just continue from where you left off. No messing around, saves, installs, everything carries over!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement