Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I am one of those who never got past the first boss :( at least I know now that there are more of me

The first level is genuinely designed to break you. If the game doesn't click with you y'er going to lose interest in it pretty quick, nothing to be ashamed of. If on the other hand it does click you become obsessed, it would appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Thanks lads, yeah waiting wouldn't be an issue and I'd feel better formatting it myself. Will go that route....if I upgrade to Pro :)

Is there an upgrade offer on at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ItsHoggie wrote: »

They have the spider-man bundle but I'm checking if the fortnite one is still available as that would be cheaper. Cex offering to buy my PS4 for 150 so hoping a trade in deal works out. Still deciding though, wouldn't be able to get a 4k telly next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

They told me today that the offer is games on the 'trade in 2 to get new game for a Euro' list. I'm fairly certain he's wrong cos they tweeted someone a week ago about the Limited Edition Spiderman one saying it was any two with viable trade-in value. Am i right to think the staff member was wrong?

They have the spider-man bundle but I'm checking if the fortnite one is still available as that would be cheaper. Cex offering to buy my PS4 for 150 so hoping a trade in deal works out. Still deciding though, wouldn't be able to get a 4k telly next year.

Ah right, same as yourself so really. I wouldn't mind upgrading if the price wasn't too bad but I've no 4K telly myself so I'm in no rush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

They told me today that the offer is games on the 'trade in 2 to get new game for a Euro' list. I'm fairly certain he's wrong cos they tweeted someone a week ago about the Limited Edition Spiderman one saying it was any two with viable trade-in value. Am i right to think the staff member was wrong?

As of August 18th it's 2 "select games"

- https://twitter.com/GameStopIreland/status/1030771289479438336

Edit:

Although they then go on to say "any 2 games with viable trade in value" as you said in this tweet - https://twitter.com/GameStopIreland/status/1031477716342763520

They do have the trade in offer on at the moment for the 2 games get one for a Euro but can't see no sight of any trade offers with consoles.

They do have the trade in offer on at the moment for the 2 games get one for a Euro but can't see no sight of any trade offers with consoles.

I'll be ringing them in the morning, will let you know what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Know a lad that works in Gamestop and he told me the prices are as below for trade in of PS4 against the Spiderman Pro bundles:

Spiderman LE Pro bundle --- PS4 Slim 500GB +2 games + 249.99 (or console alone + 309.99)
    Regular Black Pro Spiderman bundle ---- PS4 Slim 500GB +2 games +219.99 (or console alone + 279.99)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Messaged gamestop customer service and they said the Trade in deal is 2 games from this list - https://www.gamestop.ie/%E2%82%AC1-Trade-Offer

• Advertisement

I'll be ringing them in the morning, will let you know what they say.

Had troubles getting a hold of anyone on the phone, called in work and they had a fortnite bundle still there. PS4 pro with fortnite for 100 when you trade in any 2 games of value I picked up destiny 1 and killzone for 6 quid each in cex so I'm the proud new owner of a ps4 pro for 112 euro.

I will miss my launch PS4, it served me well but into bigger and better things.

Well worth ringing or calling in for a fortnite bundle. The spiderman one is the same but 2 specific games I believe and for more money so it's cheaper to get the fortnite bundle and spiderman separately it looks like. Looks like tomorrow is the last day you can get it if a store actually has it in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Well worth ringing or calling in for a fortnite bundle. The spiderman one is the same but 2 specific games I believe and for more money so it's cheaper to get the fortnite bundle and spiderman separately it looks like. Looks like tomorrow is the last day you can get it if a store actually has it in stock.

But isn't forrnite free? Surely you'd be better getting the spiderman one or any other bundle really as you can sell on the game when your done and save a bit more.

Like get spiderman bundle and then just download forrnite free anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jcd5971 wrote: »
    But isn't forrnite free? Surely you'd be better getting the spiderman one or any other bundle really as you can sell on the game when your done and save a bit more.

Like get spiderman bundle and then just download forrnite free anyway.

The Fortnite one is free in game currency and a skin so very easy to sell on. €100 for that + €60 for Spiderman (only need to trade in any game with a value I think).

Or €170 for the Spiderman edition but I think you need to trade in games from the trade two games get a new release for €1 list.

Just saw the fecking fortnite DLC you get is going from 35 to 160 online. I think it's just a jacket and some in game currency. Jaysus them fortnite players are a mad bunch. Definitely gonna sell my code. Gonna look for 2 of the cheapest games on the list to get Spiderman for 1 euro. Someone posted they found 2 games on Amazon coming to 18 euro so 19 to preorder Spiderman. Definitely gonna look into that.

Also. New joypad feels soooooooo good...

Had troubles getting a hold of anyone on the phone, called in work and they had a fortnite bundle still there. PS4 pro with fortnite for 100 when you trade in any 2 games of value I picked up destiny 1 and killzone for 6 quid each in cex so I'm the proud new owner of a ps4 pro for 112 euro.

I will miss my launch PS4, it served me well but into bigger and better things.

Just then two games or did you have to trade in your console as well?

Just then two games or did you have to trade in your console as well?

I traded in my PS4 500gb regular edition console, destiny and killzone and then paid 100 to get the PS4 pro with fortnite DLC. They will accept any game that has a trade in value. They can check their system and let you know, those were the cheapest I could find at 6 euro each from cex.

The Spiderman bundle requires 2 games from a specific list where you would be luck to get them for 20 each from a b&m store. And then it's over 100 you have to pay as well as that. I saw 170 being thrown around but can't confirm that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Yeah the Spiderman Limited Edition Pro isn't much of a deal with the price of the games on that list. I don't know how much Gamestop give for just trading in a console but CEX give €150 cash (190 store credit). The bundle is €460 in Gamestop, €310 trading in just console, €250 trading in console & games. With most of those games costing minimum of €20 each to buy there's really no saving to be made with that bundle at all. Either this console is extremely limited in supply or Gamestop have more used PS4's than they can ever hope to sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Someone posted they found 2 games on Amazon coming to 18 euro so 19 to preorder Spiderman. Definitely gonna look into that.

Do you know what the two games are?

Do you know what the two games are?

No, asked in the Spiderman thread but no reply yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Just saw the fecking fortnite DLC you get is going from 35 to 160 online. I think it's just a jacket and some in game currency. Jaysus them fortnite players are a mad bunch. Definitely gonna sell my code. Gonna look for 2 of the cheapest games on the list to get Spiderman for 1 euro. Someone posted they found 2 games on Amazon coming to 18 euro so 19 to preorder Spiderman. Definitely gonna look into that.

Also. New joypad feels soooooooo good...

Where can you sell it because I'll definitely get rid of it for 35 Euro or more

• Advertisement

Where can you sell it because I'll definitely get rid of it for 35 Euro or more

I've seen it listed on eBay, adverts and done deal. I even saw a done deal ad requesting the code. I'd be happy selling mine for 35 as the seems to multiple ads 50 and upwards with no comments. The v bucks look to be with 5 euro so I dunno if it's the exclusiveness of the bomber jacket for the character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I've seen it listed on eBay, adverts and done deal. I even saw a done deal ad requesting the code. I'd be happy selling mine for 35 as the seems to multiple ads 50 and upwards with no comments. The v bucks look to be with 5 euro so I dunno if it's the exclusiveness of the bomber jacket for the character.

That's a bit fecking crazy

Looking forward to getting my first Playstation when PS4 Pro arrives next week and getting stuck into those exclusives I've been missing out on.

The Last of Us is a game I always wanted to play, think I'm more excited about that than the likes of God of War.

Are the PlayStation Hits titles like TLOU Remastered always around the 19.99 mark? I see Argos are doing two PS Hits titles for 30 euro which doesn't seem bad except for I prefer digital games than hardcopy. Do they pop up on PSN sales or do they just stay at the discounted PS Hits price?

Pity I missed out on Bloodborne for free. Will miss out on Augusts games too as won;t have console til next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

skerry wrote: »
    Looking forward to getting my first Playstation when PS4 Pro arrives next week and getting stuck into those exclusives I've been missing out on.

The Last of Us is a game I always wanted to play, think I'm more excited about that than the likes of God of War.

Are the PlayStation Hits titles like TLOU Remastered always around the 19.99 mark? I see Argos are doing two PS Hits titles for 30 euro which doesn't seem bad except for I prefer digital games than hardcopy. Do they pop up on PSN sales or do they just stay at the discounted PS Hits price?

Pity I missed out on Bloodborne for free. Will miss out on Augusts games too as won;t have console til next week.

Playstation Hits was only announced last month. €19.99 is basically the new permanent price for games marked as Playstation hits but this doesn't mean they will always be this price. Any of these games can still be reduced, case in point Yakuza Zero is part of the Playstation Hits range yet is currently on sale for €12.99 on the PSN store.

Also in relation to not getting this month's PS Plus, there is nothing preventing you from creating your Playstation account online, subscribing to Plus and purchasing this month's free games. Once you get your console and sign in with your new account the free games would be in your library for you to download

skerry wrote: »
    The Last of Us is a game I always wanted to play, think I'm more excited about that than the likes of God of War....

I way preferred The Last of Us to God of War. Bookmark this site, it keeps track of any discounts on the plastation store and you can set up notifications to email you when a specific game drops in price.

https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts/?platform=PS4&sort=date&display=table

Also, yes, go with Eoin's recommendation above, setup your account online, get the PS Plus trial (actually, can this be got without a console?) and you can add ps plus games /buy sale games on the online store ready to download to your PS4 when you get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I way preferred The Last of Us to God of War. Bookmark this site, it keeps track of any discounts on the plastation store and you can set up notifications to email you when a specific game drops in price.

https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts/?platform=PS4&sort=date&display=table

Also, yes, go with Eoin's recommendation above, setup your account online, get the PS Plus trial (actually, can this be got without a console?) and you can add ps plus games /buy sale games on the online store ready to download to your PS4 when you get it.

Just checked and you can get 14 day trial from the store. Also follow the PlayStation Bargains mk2 thread here as people will post any playstation bargains here.

Cheers lads, I had it in my head the idea of potentially setting up account before I got the console but for some reason thought the initial setup would require a console and would be done while setting up the console.

Will pick up that free 14 day trial later so and get setting up my account so hopefully get August and September games once done by the 4th. Presume that will probably cancel out whatever free trial comes with console but will be picking up a 12 months sub next month anyway.

Will bookmark that site too and keep an eye on prices. If nothing pops up for TLOU digitally will probably get that and Bloodborne in Argos for 30 bob which isn't bad.

I'm well used to bargain hunting and foreign store shenanigans for cheap digital Xbox games so just need to find my bearing for the same in world of PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

The Last of Us Remastered is €19.99 on the store at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Niska

The Spiderman bundle requires 2 games from a specific list where you would be luck to get them for 20 each from a b&m store. And then it's over 100 you have to pay as well as that. I saw 170 being thrown around but can't confirm that.

Only a couple under 20 in Argos (and one of those is 19.99):

Injustice 2 (19.99)

Rise of the Tomb Raider (14.99)

Smyths have several at 19.99 (technically Shadow of WAr at 16.99 but no stock anywhere):

Escapists 2

Lego City Undercover

Scribblenauts Showdown

A Way Out

Also probably some XBox One titles but didn't check them.

Depends on how close your Argos / Smyths is to Gamestop.

• Advertisement

Just checked and you can get 14 day trial from the store. Also follow the PlayStation Bargains mk2 thread here as people will post any playstation bargains here.

Happy days, got 14 day trial there and nabbed August's free games to get the collection started. For some reason I can't turn off auto renew from laptop though, keep getting error, will try it again later.

Bit of a pain setting up ID too, I had typed in a couple of preferred options and got error at the end. Tried setting up ID with previously accepted name and then comes up as ID already in use.

All good now though, few free games and saved me some setup time when console arrives.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement