Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

skerry wrote: »
    Bit of a pain setting up ID too, I had typed in a couple of preferred options and got error at the end. Tried setting up ID with previously accepted name and then comes up as ID already in use.

All good now though, few free games and saved me some setup time when console arrives.

I got the same thing today as well - ID already in use. Did a bit of digging and apparently it's a regular occurrence, which is annoying, as the anal retentive side of me likes having the same username on all gaming services. :o Some randomer on another forum did say that if you try again in 24 hours, the ID should be available again. Will confirm/deny this time tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Is Yakuza Zero worth a punt at €12.99? Never played a Yakuza game and seems like just the type of wacky game I've been missing out on with Xbox cos MS are typically averse to Japanese titles

• Registered Users Posts: 23,183 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is Yakuza Zero worth a punt at €12.99? Never played a Yakuza game and seems like just the type of wacky game I've been missing out on with Xbox cos MS are typically averse to Japanese titles

Absolutely. It's a brilliant game with great characters.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Absolutely. It's a brilliant game with great characters.

Cool might pick it up. It's on sale til the 5th. Looks a bit out there

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cool might pick it up. It's on sale til the 5th. Looks a bit out there

It's a ****ing masterpiece.

TidyGleamingFireant-size_restricted.gif

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    It's a ****ing masterpiece.

TidyGleamingFireant-size_restricted.gif

That's good enough for me, consider it purchased :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Can someone clarify if ps account sharing is the same as Xbox account sharing. As in I can play all there games and they can play mine. Can't seem to get it working

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Carroller wrote: »
    Can someone clarify if ps account sharing is the same as Xbox account sharing. As in I can play all there games and they can play mine. Can't seem to get it working

Set your console as his primary and set his as your primary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Set your console as his primary and set his as your primary.

Thanks. For whatever reason he is unable to log in to my account

Carroller wrote: »
    Thanks. For whatever reason he is unable to log in to my account

Make sure you take your console off primary (for your profile) if it's set, that might help?

• Advertisement

Some randomer on another forum did say that if you try again in 24 hours, the ID should be available again. Will confirm/deny this time tomorrow!

Yeah, the ID I tried to choose originally was available again after 24 hours. Weird system.

Yeah, the ID I tried to choose originally was available again after 24 hours. Weird system.

I ended up putting an extra underscore in there, weird system alright. The notification that you can never change it made it the biggest decision I've made all month.

Im wondering when PS4 Pro will ship with Spiderman being released on Friday

Anyone on here used Instant Gaming for PSN subs. They have 12 month sub for €45 at the moment but not sure if they are reliable or not.

Anyone on here used Instant Gaming for PSN subs. They have 12 month sub for €45 at the moment but not sure if they are reliable or not.

Never used it before but a quick google search shows it's pretty trusted on trustpilot and it also seems to have the same prices as press-start which I've bought from myself and I'm pretty sure a lot of people here have too, if you'd prefer to use that.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Never used it before but a quick google search shows it's pretty trusted on trustpilot and it also seems to have the same prices as press-start which I've bought from myself and I'm pretty sure a lot of people here have too, if you'd prefer to use that.

Thanks, think Press Start was mentioned somewhere here during the week but was Irish sub was OOS and couldn't remember the name of the site. Might go with them so .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Thanks, think Press Start was mentioned somewhere here during the week but was Irish sub was OOS and couldn't remember the name of the site. Might go with them so .

Are instant gaming the ones who look for a picture of your passport and or driving license?

I wasn't comfortable sending them details to China tbh, I tried sending a picture with covered up details but they wouldn't accept it so I didn't go through with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Just setup my PSN profile, PS4 is currently updating. As a game starter, I was thinking of subbing to PS Plus and d/loading Mafia 3. Yay or nay?

My username is shuffles0312

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Press start out of stock of PSN € cards, anyone know where to get them.

And as per Fielddog, don't want to be sending ID to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Quick one, I’m moving to Spain next Jan. if I buy a Pro over there am I able to login to my normal Irish account and just change the region or would I need to setup a brand new Spanish PS account.

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Quick one, I’m moving to Spain next Jan. if I buy a Pro over there am I able to login to my normal Irish account and just change the region or would I need to setup a brand new Spanish PS account.

You can't change regions afaik, but you could just continue topping up your Irish account using PayPal, Debit/Credit Card or using online stores.

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Are instant gaming the ones who look for a picture of your passport and or driving license?

I wasn't comfortable sending them details to China tbh, I tried sending a picture with covered up details but they wouldn't accept it so I didn't go through with it...

Ordered 12 month sub from Press Start there for €44.50, cheapest Ive seen for Ireland sub at the moment.

Tried initially with Revolut card but got rejected. Interestingly, the transaction on Revolut comes up as being from Instant Gaming so seems to be the same crowd.

@Varik - 12 month sub is showing up as in stock on Press Start now if that's what your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Ordered 12 month sub from Press Start there for €44.50, cheapest Ive seen for Ireland sub at the moment.

Tried initially with Revolut card but got rejected. Interestingly, the transaction on Revolut comes up as being from Instant Gaming so seems to be the same crowd.

@Varik - 12 month sub is showing up as in stock on Press Start now if that's what your looking for.

Wallet €50

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Just setup my PSN profile, PS4 is currently updating. As a game starter, I was thinking of subbing to PS Plus and d/loading Mafia 3. Yay or nay?

My username is shuffles0312

I started Mafia III fully expecting to get tired of it, as I have a lot of GTA burnout. Totally enjoying it, just cruising around listening to the Stones on the radio.
    It's a bit repetitive but I'm liking the progression.
    Also you need PSN so you can download bloodborne and all its DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

€50 euro PSN can be bought for €45.90 on seagm.com . Used them once and had no issues

Right, so my Pro has been ordered, and my PSN account created. Could some kind soul give me the Cliff Notes on buying games?

I mean, there's both physical media and digital obviously, but are either/both region locked? Where in the world can I buy physical discs from, for example? Same with digital - I've seen ye talking about foreign PS stores. How does buying from them work?

Right, so my Pro has been ordered, and my PSN account created. Could some kind soul give me the Cliff Notes on buying games?

I mean, there's both physical media and digital obviously, but are either/both region locked? Where in the world can I buy physical discs from, for example? Same with digital - I've seen ye talking about foreign PS stores. How does buying from them work?

Physical games can be bought in Smyths, Argos and Gamestop in Ireland and from the UK people use thegamecollection. If you are preordering from a uk store like thegamecollection, if you use parcel motel , parcel wizard or address pal, you can usually get the game a day early. For new games in Ireland, Smyths are the cheapest, Gamestop are always the most expensive. For digital you have the Irish store, most people buy psn credit to pay for games instead of PayPal or debit/ credit card. PSN credit cane be purchased from Smyths, Argos and Gamestop. You can also purchase from Gamestop online store and depending on time of purchase, get code within a few minutes. Press-start is a website where they usually offer €50 psn credit for €44.

For foreign stores, people usually have a US or Canadian account. Indonesia is another store that is quite cheap. There are plenty of guides on how to set them up. When purchasing from any of these stores, all dlc for a Game must be purchased from same store. E.g. you purchase The Witcher 3 on the Irish digital store or physical copy. This means you can only purchase the dlc from the Irish store, if you buy from the US store it will not work.
    Psprices is a good site for tracking current games on sale. You can also track games and it will email you when they drop in price .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I used always get physical copies but I've gone completely digital now. No searching for discs, can't get damaged and you can get it on launch. Buying physical can mean not getting the game until long after launch but you generally get it within a few days. Digital can be expensive but there are bargains too.

There's plenty of space on the pro and you can always delete and reinstall games you have purchased it generally doesn't take long.

Games aren't region locked but if you buys a US game you have to get the DLC from the same region. You need to set up an account in the region you are buying from and need an address to do so but I've never done it.

Get on a PC now and download last month's free games to your PSN account. Mafia III and something else, they'll be gone tomorrow.

Physical games can be bought in Smyths, Argos and Gamestop in Ireland and from the UK people use thegamecollection. If you are preordering from a uk store like thegamecollection, if you use parcel motel , parcel wizard or address pal, you can usually get the game a day early. For new games in Ireland, Smyths are the cheapest, Gamestop are always the most expensive. For digital you have the Irish store, most people buy psn credit to pay for games instead of PayPal or debit/ credit card. PSN credit cane be purchased from Smyths, Argos and Gamestop. You can also purchase from Gamestop online store and depending on time of purchase, get code within a few minutes. Press-start is a website where they usually offer €50 psn credit for €44.

For foreign stores, people usually have a US or Canadian account. Indonesia is another store that is quite cheap. There are plenty of guides on how to set them up. When purchasing from any of these stores, all dlc for a Game must be purchased from same store. E.g. you purchase The Witcher 3 on the Irish digital store or physical copy. This means you can only purchase the dlc from the Irish store, if you buy from the US store it will not work.
    Psprices is a good site for tracking current games on sale. You can also track games and it will email you when they drop in price .
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    I used always get physical copies but I've gone completely digital now. No searching for discs, can't get damaged and you can get it on launch. Buying physical can mean not getting the game until long after launch but you generally get it within a few days. Digital can be expensive but there are bargains too.

There's plenty of space on the pro and you can always delete and reinstall games you have purchased it generally doesn't take long.

Games aren't region locked but if you buys a US game you have to get the DLC from the same region. You need to set up an account in the region you are buying from and need an address to do so but I've never done it.

Get on a PC now and download last month's free games to your PSN account. Mafia III and something else, they'll be gone tomorrow.

Great info, thanks lads. When you say set up an account in the US, Canadian or Indonesian stores, are you still using the one PS ID? So you only have different accounts for the actual online stores themselves?

Great info, thanks lads. When you say set up an account in the US, Canadian or Indonesian stores, are you still using the one PS ID? So you only have different accounts for the actual online stores themselves?
    Your Irish PSN will be your main account that you would use to play games. For the other accounts , you just need to set your console as the primary console for that account to be able to play the games on your Irish account.

• Advertisement

Your Irish PSN will be your main account that you would use to play games. For the other accounts , you just need to set your console as the primary console for that account to be able to play the games on your Irish account.

Got ya. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement