Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Quick one, I’m moving to Spain next Jan. if I buy a Pro over there am I able to login to my normal Irish account and just change the region or would I need to setup a brand new Spanish PS account.

You can keep your account of course, but you will have to buy vouchers from a irish store ala gamestop who email vouchers
    Its what i do now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

skerry wrote: »
    Cool, glad you got sorted. Took a few efforts to get it done myself too. Hopefully no issues now and they can fulfil orders as I'd say judging by hduk thread there was a big surge in sale yesterday.

Did you also get an email there today confirming the order? Bit of a relief having heard nothing for a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Cool, glad you got sorted. Took a few efforts to get it done myself too. Hopefully no issues now and they can fulfil orders as I'd say judging by hduk thread there was a big surge in sale yesterday.

Did you also get an email there today confirming the order? Bit of a relief having heard nothing for a week!
    Yeah just got one there in last hour. Although it says delivery to my home address instead of Parcel Motel but reckon they just stuck billing address in there.

I contacted them yesterday via chat on their website and they said they would be processing orders very soon as there was a large volume to process. Hopefully get shipping confirmation this evening.

Yeah just got one there in last hour. Although it says delivery to my home address instead of Parcel Motel but reckon they just stuck billing address in there.

I contacted them yesterday via chat on their website and they said they would be processing orders very soon as there was a large volume to process. Hopefully get shipping confirmation this evening.

Did they quote the pre-discount price on your email? Gave me a scare, but I checked my bank account there and they definitely only took the discounted amount :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Did they quote the pre-discount price on your email? Gave me a scare, but I checked my bank account there and they definitely only took the discounted amount :pac:

I already had that heart attack last week and rushed to check my PayPal transaction and discounted amount was taken.

Hoping it ships today and I can relax then. Have already bought 12 month sub and if I get shipping confirmation today gonna pull the trigger on Yakuza 0 for €12.99

• Advertisement

I already had that heart attack last week and rushed to check my PayPal transaction and discounted amount was taken.

Hoping it ships today and I can relax then. Have already bought 12 month sub and if I get shipping confirmation today gonna pull the trigger on Yakuza 0 for €12.99

Yeah, the Yakuza series is on my wishlist, but reckon I'll start with Shadow of the Colossus. I've been admiring it from afar since the PS2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

So I was going to buy Spiderman on friday on Digital but €70 for digital is scandalous, US ps store $60, Amazon £50 and Smyths €55. Whats with us getting ripped off on the Irish PS store?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It really is. I went to buy the Division about two years after it released and it was still €60.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Digital games don't really have their base price changed often, but the sales price drops a lot more as time goes on. There a section on the store for permanent discounts and not much shows up there.

460351.png

That golden plus discount had it at 9.99 before going back up to 49.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I'll just hold off until Black friday sales, I have a backlog of games anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

PS Now for 1 euro for the first month of you resubscribe. Definitely doing this and cancelling at the end of month.

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/IP9102-NPIA90011_01-PSNOWSUB001MDIS1?emcid=so-no-154129&code=thPiMc&state=returning&cid=b2aa7e1a-755b-48db-87e3-60b3d564aa25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

ShaneU wrote: »
    Says not available for me, Is it only for people who've paid for it before?'

Maybe get the free week when you subscribe first, cancel before the end of the week then resubscribe.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Digital Foundry put all that downgrade talk of Spider-Man to bed anyway. Won't post the video since apparently there is a spoiler in it somewhere but I watched the first few minutes only where they talked about downgrade rumours and dismissed them.

Yup. Definitely not downgraded. Better looking game than God of War

Debunking the Spider-Man 'downgrade' [Eurogamer]

Decent (spoiler-free) analysis in their article of it. Basic gist is that the changes were artistic in nature, not technical. Just like the devs were saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Varik wrote: »
    Press start out of stock of PSN € cards, anyone know where to get them.

And as per Fielddog, don't want to be sending ID to anyone.

A bit late but I just used pcgamesupply to buy 2 x 20$ psn cards for 37 euro. No ID needed, both codes sent instantly and worked fine.

https://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/sony-playstation-network-cards/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

J. Marston wrote: »
    Digital Foundry put all that downgrade talk of Spider-Man to bed anyway. Won't post the video since apparently there is a spoiler in it somewhere but I watched the first few minutes only where they talked about downgrade rumours and dismissed them.

Beautiful. Great to hear. Always trust the devs! :)

:cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    A bit late but I just used pcgamesupply to buy 2 x 20$ psn cards for 37 euro. No ID needed, both codes sent instantly and worked fine.

https://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/sony-playstation-network-cards/

SEA Gamer mall have €50 for €45.90
    https://www.seagm.com/playstation-network-card-psn-ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

J. Marston wrote: »

It goes beyond proving the downgrade chatter was complete bullsh1t, and actually shows that the game has been upgraded instead. The sorry pricks who were kicking up a fuss must be feeling fairly embarrassed right about now! Roll on Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

goon_magee wrote:
    It goes beyond proving the downgrade chatter was complete bullsh1t, and actually shows that the game has been upgraded instead. The sorry pricks who were kicking up a fuss must be feeling fairly embarrassed right about now! Roll on Friday!

No he'll just find some other anti Sony crusade to go on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

goon_magee wrote: »
    jcd5971 wrote: »

He has been suspiciously quiet on this front.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Are you allowed to call people "pricks" now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Are you allowed to call people "pricks" now?

Just the one person:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

He has been suspiciously quiet on this front.
    jcd5971 wrote: »
    PS4 Megathread right now :D

jtdkHSe.jpg?1

Its quite obvious there was indeed a downgrade however as pointed out by Digital Foundry they received launch update prior to analysis. So the polish was applied last minute to clean things up a bit.

As pointed out in my first post it was only a small downgrade to begin with but people got massively upset here as you can see from the responses.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Its quite obvious there was indeed a downgrade however as pointed out by Digital Foundry they received launch update prior to analysis. So the polish was applied last minute to clean things up a bit.

As pointed out in my first post it was only a small downgrade to begin with but people got massively upset here as you can see from the responses.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,422 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Jesus, you lot are a dose, can you just start your own thread on the topic or something

• Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

duploelabs wrote: »
    Jesus, you lot are a dose, can you just start your own thread on the topic or something

There has been. Multiple ones. But they all get closed as, like a picture above, it's like flogging a dead horse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

It won't ever change all he ever does is bait and stir up trouble, but if the mods take no action why would you stop.

Anyway game is reviewing great and I don't think there's another exclusive due anytime soon so we should be safe of drivel content for a few weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement