Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Is Dragon Quest Heroes supposed to be any good?

Mixed reviews from what I've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Is Dragon Quest Heroes supposed to be any good?

It was well received in Japan and sold enough to warrant a sequel being announced, it looks and feels like a Musou game though, regardless of what the developers say, it will not be out in the West till the 13th of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Just tried out a few video files in the media player, all is well, very happy :D

This has been my most wanted item for PS4, and the only reason the PS3 was still hanging around. Happy days!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is Tearaway Unfolded gonna be different from the vita version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Is Tearaway Unfolded gonna be different from the vita version?

Yes its been specially adapted for the PS4 as opposed to the vita.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Does anyone else's ps4 beep 3 times as it's powering off?
    Mine has been doing it a lot in the last few days and I'm wondering why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Derek! wrote: »
    Does anyone else's ps4 beep 3 times as it's powering off?
    Mine has been doing it a lot in the last few days and I'm wondering why?

A quick google & I've found some replies to the same question on reddit.
    Do you close apps & games properly before turning off the console?
    All this means is that an app or game did not close correctly and the system had to force shutdown. It isn't a big deal.
    Happened to me. Here's the fix:
    Turn off the PS4. Unplug from the rear.
    Now, press the power button on the front of the console (top button) and you will hear it beep. Keep pressing it until it stops beeping. Now plug it back in and turn it on. Should be fixed now.
    Unplug your ps4 completely. Now, press the power button. You'll hear a beep. Keep pressing until it stops making beeps. You should be fine now.
    Those three beeps mean the ps4 didn't shut down an application properly.

Sources:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2bb91j/ps4_beeping_3_times_randomly_when_powered_off/

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2qgf2l/ps4_brand_new_beeps_3_times_on_power_down_or/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Cheers problem solved.. I just was panicking so asked here without checking myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

Just tried out a few video files in the media player, all is well, very happy :D

This has been my most wanted item for PS4, and the only reason the PS3 was still hanging around. Happy days!

Same here. PS3 sold a while ago but the 360 can go into storage now.

Only tried a few mp4 files, some were large HD ones but they worked grand.

Interesting from Yoshida stating that they are building a list of possible crowdfunded games, I do not mind Sony doing this if it means more games, especially some that got terrible localisations in the past or none at all.

I do not think this is Sony being cheap, they are using it to gauge interest in games, especially cult and niche titles, that they could end up making a loss on.
    In an interview with Engadget, Sony's Shuhei Yoshida discussed how the announcement of Shenmue 3 and its Kickstarter came to take place at Sony's E3 press conference. Shenmue creator Yu Suzuki managed to convince SEGA to allow the project to be Kickstarted. Because Sony liked the project, their third-party relations team made the deal to launch the Kickstarter at the conference. Engadget then asked if there are any more cult titles Sony plans to help with crowdfunding. A PR representative responded, saying that "they're building a list."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Crowd funding on console is not my cup of tea at all,it may start with indie/nostalgia titles but it WILL grow from that,basically they want to use the consumers money to leverage game development reducing the risk to themselves. Its a cynical move by sony imo and the more people plough money into it the worse its going to get.

The way the Shenume kickstarter was backed though this was always going to happen.

Kickstarter i totally understand for small indie developers but it was never meant for the likes of Sony.

Its a very bad thing in my book as is early access on consoles,but as they say a fool and his money are easily parted.

I mean paying for a product that could be many years from completion and has no guarntee of quality or even being what was originally backed is just plain silly in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I agree wholeheartedly with Eoin....

Now having said that, how do I go about proposing a crowdfunded "Knights of the Old Republic III" ? ........ It NEEDS to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I agree wholeheartedly with Eoin....

Now having said that, how do I go about proposing a crowdfunded "Knights of the Old Republic III" ? ........ It NEEDS to happen.

No chance of that anymore, no more reven or such outside of the old Republic mmo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

In certain cases I prefer crowd funding.

It gives the developer an idea on if there really is interest in their game and if there is enough they can make it.

It's also essentially a pre-sale instead of a pre order and with that it stops splitting the content of a game like we see with every single game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Soul Reaver & Legacy of Kain has my vote for a crowd funded project funnily enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

EoinHef wrote: »
    Crowd funding on console...

While I can understand the points you make, I have a different view.

You say that "they want to use the consumer's money to leverage game development, reducing the risk to themselves." I am not convinced that is a bad thing. It allows companies like Sony to take more risks on projects they can prove have commercial interest.

At the same time, only fully funded projects we cost the consumer anything so if it doesn't get funded, no one really loses. If it does get funded, the chances of the project failing are greatly reduced by the fact that bigger companies like Sony are behind it.

Early access, I agree, could be disastrous, unless it is managed really well.

Otacon wrote: »

Early access, I agree, could be disastrous, unless it is managed really well.

ms are doing a bit of quality control, it's not going to be like steam with loads of multiplayer survial games that will never be finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Varik wrote: »
    ms are doing a bit of quality control, it's not going to be like steam with loads of multiplayer survial games that will never be finished.

I would need to hear some more details on their plans but it sounds good so far. QA, free for users etc. all sounds like they are going in the right direction.

Otacon wrote: »
    I would need to hear some more details on their plans but it sounds good so far. QA, free for users etc. all sounds like they are going in the right direction.

It's free trials before buying into the ea, it's not free overall.

As of now most of the devs they've mentioned have games under their belts so it looking good so far.

Kick starter wouldn't be my thing at all, I'll wait till its released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Xenji wrote: »
    Played around a bit with the Media Server, using Plex as an dnla it played everything I threw at it, as usual subtitles are an issue.

Is Plex free to use and do subtitles play through it?

City of God is waiting. :D

Finical wrote: »
    Is Plex free to use and do subtitles play through it?

City of God is waiting. :D

Plex is free and no subtitles do not work properly, I have got a few hard subbed animes to work though.

Xenji wrote: »
    Plex is free and no subtitles do not work properly, I have got a few hard subbed animes to work though.

Hard subs are just part of the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

1TB PS4 Ultimate Player Edition launches in select Europe and PAL territories from 15th July.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

^^^I cringed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Can they increase the size of the cloud save storage too as Driveclub alone is taking up 1/3rd of my alotted 1GB of cloud space.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Ultimate Player Edition is an extra 500 GB and that's it? Who comes up with these stupid names?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Everything In Its Right Place

lertsnim wrote: »
    Ultimate Player Edition is an extra 500 GB and that's it? Who comes up with these stupid names?

Marketing department hard at work there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ya the cloud space is beyond a joke.

They need to double it and make it easier to delete saves from it as it's a pain deleting individual game saves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

tok9 wrote: »
    Ya the cloud space is beyond a joke.

They need to double it and make it easier to delete saves from it as it's a pain deleting individual game saves.

Would be sweet if they partnered with dropbox for extra storage. We'd be able to "tinker" with our save files then ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement