Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I find it the other way - think the PS4 is far more user friendly, and more responsive (and that's comparing standard PS4 to the X). Much easier to get to the things you're looking for. Personal preference I guess.

Got to agree with that having used both. I find the Xbox dashboard to be a pain these days, very sluggish. PS dashboard is definetly more responsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

EoinHef wrote: »
    They way they have re worked the download screen now downloads appear to be super fast for me,its the copying bit that takes an age for me.

Downloaded a Destiny update this morning and no word of a lie it took 20 mins at least to copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Downloaded a Destiny update this morning and no word of a lie it took 20 mins at least to copy.

Yeah, downloading speed has never been an issue for me it's always the copying stage - even on small patches seems to take forever
    Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Got to agree with that having used both. I find the Xbox dashboard to be a pain these days, very sluggish. PS dashboard is definetly more responsive.

Since they reworked the guide menu on the Xbox I much prefer it, if im honest though I don't really like either! Both are poor compared to PS3/360

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If anyone wants to buy or download any games while the store is down, you can log in online and do it from the PS store in your browser. Go to your download list and it’ll send a signal to your PlayStation and the download should begin. Managed to start downloading the FIFA 19 demo like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

After downloading the new update I keep getting error SU-42118-6, everything was fine last night. Any fix for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

After downloading the new update I keep getting error SU-42118-6, everything was fine last night. Any fix for this?

just googled the error and it looks like bad news

https://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-Support/Error-SU-42118-6-when-updating-to-5-5/m-p/25577970

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I don't think so, but I can't say for certain. It does sound like something I would have done at some stage. I work off a hotspot and there's a HTC constantly plugged in beside the console, I may have used that cable if I was using my headset and charging the headset at the same time.

Speaking of, what were Sony thinking with only 2 USB ports?

HTC wall chargers from the last few years generally have higher amp output than the plugging the controller into the console so chances are you minced the battery by plugging it into the HTC charger, expensive lesson, they wear down slowly also so you don't really notice them going...

General rule of thumb is older Android chargers will do the job fine (as in 3 or 4 year old) but the newer ones with faster charging blow the DS4 batteries if plugged into wall charger...

Always charge controllers in the console to avoid it happening...

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Its slightly blocked by a small piece of wood that holds up the TV cabinet, TBH, I dont think thats it as its been there since day 1 and its not caused an issu, I might re-position it see if it makes a difference.

No, no external HDD.

Its a weird problem as it seems to run no problem for about 5minutes until I start fiddling around with the game management in PES or actually play a game, then it becomes impossibly slow.

I dont think its a PES issue but ive not tried it with any other games, I'll try another reset after work and try the controllers with another game or two, see how they get on.

After playing Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3, Far Cry 5 and NBA Live 18 with 2 different controllers, I've come to the conclusion that its PES 2019 causing the controllers to spaz out.

It even got to the stage, while under full charge, that they would randomly disconnect from PES.

Its a bit of a strange one TBH I might contact Konami see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The search function for the PlayStation store is much better to use now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I have 4 codes for the new Trials beta (running til Monday). It's a great laugh, must play for Trials fans. The code has to be redeemed on Ubi website and you can then choose your platform of choice to play on.

21gb in size, first come first serve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I have 4 codes for the new Trials beta (running til Monday). It's a great laugh, must play for Trials fans. The code has to be redeemed on Ubi website and you can then choose your platform of choice to play on.

21gb in size, first come first serve.

Yes please! Locked up in hospital for a few weeks so would definitely kill a lot of time this weekend :)

Yes please! Locked up in hospital for a few weeks so would definitely kill a lot of time this weekend :)

Code sent, feel better man!

Zero-Cool wrote:

I'd take one if you have a spare

I'd take one if you have a spare

Code sent, all codes gone now. Enjoy lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Have four trials fusion codes myself redeem away:

2FM337ZG9MBH
    6NPR834GMVJF
    MQ7BFFZC2ANC
    K8J8QTQKDB9R

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

scottigael wrote: »
    Have four trials fusion codes myself redeem away:

2FM337ZG9MBH
    6NPR834GMVJF
    MQ7BFFZC2ANC
    K8J8QTQKDB9R

First code used, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

dudeeile wrote: »
    First code used, thanks.

Tried remaining 3 and looks like they've been nabbed too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

skerry wrote: »
    Tried remaining 3 and looks like they've been nabbed too :(

There's a good chance they are the codes you need to input on the ubisoft website to generate psn codes rather than being PSN codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

There's a good chance they are the codes you need to input on the ubisoft website to generate psn codes rather than being PSN codes.

What he said.

Instructions on what to do with the codes.

http://trialsgame.com/beta_redeem

Step 1: Log in to your Ubisoft account
    Step 2: Put in the code
    Step 3: Put in the chosen platform (PC, Xbox, PS4)
    Step 4: Personal Beta access is sent and ready to use!

• Advertisement

Thanks. Second code redeemed

Was getting a bit of Spiderman burn out so I fired up Yakuza 0 for a couple of hours there. Good so far, pretty cutscene heavy but the story is good.

Coming from Xbox and not being used to the PS4 controller buttons yet led to a pretty terrible performance for my first karaoke session :D

Combat is good craic too and looking forward to more mini game madness later on in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I ran out of Playstation Plus but somehow Im able to play Fortnite online. Anyone know why/how?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

I ran out of Playstation Plus but somehow Im able to play Fortnite online. Anyone know why/how?

Fortnite doesn't require PS plus to play as far as I'm aware. I read that it's going to be the same when switch online subscription launches in that a sub won't be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is it because it's a free to play game? Nintendo said today you won't need Nintendo Online to play it on Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

goon_magee wrote: »
    Fortnite doesn't require PS plus to play as far as I'm aware. I read that it's going to be the same when switch online subscription launches in that a sub won't be needed.
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    Is it because it's a free to play game? Nintendo said today you won't need Nintendo Online to play it on Switch.

Thanks. I was sure I got an error message trying to play it after my sub ran out so when it worked today I though it was a glitch or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1042820945944236032?s=19

Hopefully step 1 in making this service worthwhile

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

ERG89 wrote: »

That's a massive change. I didn't bother with the service as I had no interest in streaming games. They seem to basically be turning it into a PS4 version of Xbox Game Pass, which is fine with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

ERG89 wrote: »

Include PS3 games and they'll have my interest

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Include PS3 games and they'll have my interest

EDIT: Get you now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement