Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Include PS3 games and they'll have my interest

Would doubt ps3 will ever be downloadable only streamable, PS4 doesn't have the PS3s CELL architecture and even high end PCs struggle to emulate it, ps4 has a native ps2 emulator so no problem with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Spent the last two days (well I get frustrated easy so it was more like 20 minutes over a 2 day period) trying to pair my headset with my PS4 Pro. It had been working but then just stopped. They don't make things easy and Youtube was useless.

What I want with a console is to get things, plug them in and it just works, don't want to be trying to figure out stuff. Came close to buying a new headset just for the instructions.

The feeling of elation afterwards was like having beaten a boss in Bloodborne though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,055 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Brother gave me a PS4 he had knocking around, finally got around to picking up a controller (didn't have one) today, so looking forward to firing this up tonight. Haven't played a game since GTA-V on PS3, I'm excited...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Started playing The Last of Us today. Only a few hours in but loving it so far. That first level .....WOW.

Now, this is why I bought a PS4 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

skerry wrote: »
    Started playing The Last of Us today. Only a few hours in but loving it so far. That first level .....WOW.

Now, this is why I bought a PS4 :D

I must make it the next game I play so. It's been sitting in my account for oh, the last 8 months or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I must make it the next game I play so. It's been sitting in my account for oh, the last 8 months or so.

That & Horizon Zero Dawn are musts imo

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    That & Horizon Zero Dawn are musts imo

That's also been sitting idle for longer than I'd care to admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

That's also been sitting idle for longer than I'd care to admit.

You at least played The Witcher 3, right?

gxy9ZHr.jpg?1

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    You at least played The Witcher 3, right?

gxy9ZHr.jpg?1

Eh no... pretty sure I bought 2 for Steam on the PC and.... never got around to playing it. I know I know...

Do it. I only got my PS4 last month but I've wanted to play this game since it released. Decided to buy it Friday and I've binged it most of the weekend.

The writing and pacing of the story just draw you in. Could literally lose myself in it for the whole day without realising how long I've spent playing it and still want to know whats around the next corner.

Honestly think it might be the best game I've ever played and its gonna be one of those games where there's a void to fill after completing it.

Playing it on the Pro and its looks fantastic for a last gen title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Does anyone know how to fix the 'update your account' thing in PS now, only some games are affected, one is Bloodborne and another is F1 2016
    Currently on the free trial on a PC and will be paying for the 12 months later this week.

Do it. I only got my PS4 last month but I've wanted to play this game since it released. Decided to buy it Friday and I've binged it most of the weekend.

The writing and pacing of the story just draw you in. Could literally lose myself in it for the whole day without realising how long I've spent playing it and still want to know whats around the next corner.

Honestly think it might be the best game I've ever played and its gonna be one of those games where there's a void to fill after completing it.

Playing it on the Pro and its looks fantastic for a last gen title.

The DLC will fill the void nicely, it's a lot slower but amazing. Then you can embrace the emptiness.
    Actually playing it on the hardest difficulty level (in saying that I only played the second hardest) is a different, enjoyable and totally distressing experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Any idea when Amazon will have their Christmas bundles out? They usually have good deals.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The DLC will fill the void nicely, it's a lot slower but amazing. Then you can embrace the emptiness.
    Actually playing it on the hardest difficulty level (in saying that I only played the second hardest) is a different, enjoyable and totally distressing experience.

Finished main game there :(

Can't remember the last time I blitzed a game like that but its a hard one to leave down.

Will try DLC next I think, or maybe give it a little break and chance Persona 5 before I do.

Do the PlayStation sale games update weekly on the store and if so what day are they updated? Thought it was Wednesday but still has Ubisoft sale up at moment with CoD WWII as weekly deal.

I think it's haphazard.
    Someone generally posts in here that a new sale is up and I go by that. I'd be careful of buying games late in the month as the PS plus freebies are out early next month. rumoured to be Nioh and something else.
    I really want it to be Nioh.

I think it's haphazard.
    Someone generally posts in here that a new sale is up and I go by that. I'd be careful of buying games late in the month as the PS plus freebies are out early next month. rumoured to be Nioh and something else.
    I really want it to be Nioh.
    Man, Nioh would be sweet. It's high on my list of PS exclusives to catch up on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Do the PlayStation sale games update weekly on the store and if so what day are they updated? Thought it was Wednesday but still has Ubisoft sale up at moment with CoD WWII as weekly deal.
    Sales usually last 2 weeks and start on a Wednesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Man, Nioh would be sweet. It's high on my list of PS exclusives to catch up on.

Rumour of Nioh and Diablo 3 and another rumour of Sniper Elite 3. I think the second rumour is more likely than the first tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

• Advertisement

Rumour of Nioh and Diablo 3 and another rumour of Sniper Elite 3. I think the second rumour is more likely than the first tbh.

Every now and then I'll fire up Diablo 3, play it for a couple of weeks, really enjoy it and then realise I don't really know what I'm doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Every now and then I'll fire up Diablo 3, play it for a couple of weeks, really enjoy it and then realise I don't really know what I'm doing.

It's a game that's never held any appeal for me at all.

Definitely agree with Diablo. The random loot and repetition did'nt appeal to me in the slightest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I really enjoyed it,played a ton of it.

Personally id like to see more ARPG's on playstation. Grim Dawn and Path of Exile being the two i most like to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Played a lot of Diablo when it came out, one of the modes had perma death. Mate died fighting end boss with me.

Was recording voice chat but we weren't saying anything until he died, and then you can just hear his mournful gasp.

You can see the stuff floating out from his feet that did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

For Outbreak Day, there are free The Last of Us 2 avatars and a cool dynamic theme on the psn store for today only, they'll cost a few quid from tomorrow on.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    For Outbreak Day, there are free The Last of Us 2 avatars and a cool dynamic theme on the psn store for today only, they'll cost a few quid from tomorrow on.

Any link. Couldnt find them on the store, only paid content showing up for me. Not overly familiar with the store so that could be it too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

EoinHef wrote:
    Personally id like to see more ARPG's on playstation. Grim Dawn and Path of Exile being the two i most like to see.

I see that divinity original sin 2 and the new warhammer arpg is out on ps4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Any link. Couldnt find them on the store, only paid content showing up for me. Not overly familiar with the store so that could be it too

I found them by opening the store on the PS4, then down along the side find game add ons. Then click on themes or avatars and they should be at the top. They don't seem to show up when you use the search bar.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement