Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Hi guys just looking to see if anyone has this issue. Have a wifi wireless network and getting decent download speeds downstairs where rotuter is. I have setup an office upstairs and getting only a fraction of the download speed on the ps4. Is there anything I can get to increase the speed I am getting to the ps4 by maybe plugging something to the router and to the ps4 to boost signal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Hi guys just looking to see if anyone has this issue. Have a wifi wireless network and getting decent download speeds downstairs where rotuter is. I have setup an office upstairs and getting only a fraction of the download speed on the ps4. Is there anything I can get to increase the speed I am getting to the ps4 by maybe plugging something to the router and to the ps4 to boost signal?

Powerline adapters are what you want. They basically use the electrical network of your house like a lan cable. You can get the pass through version (where you can put another plug through them if you need the socket) in Argos or DID for about €40. They are what I use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I see that divinity original sin 2 and the new warhammer arpg is out on ps4

Is that the warhammer martyr or such?

Was eyeing that on PC awhile ago but was still in early access. Be interested if its seen a full release. They had still to add the end game last i saw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Yep that's the one it looks good but is 69.99 so very steep I'll get it but in a sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Varik wrote: »

That Ellie theme is class. She overlaps the XMB.

462590.jpg
    Ellie_LoU .jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    PS Now for 1 euro for the first month of you resubscribe. Definitely doing this and cancelling at the end of month.

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/IP9102-NPIA90011_01-PSNOWSUB001MDIS1?emcid=so-no-154129&code=thPiMc&state=returning&cid=b2aa7e1a-755b-48db-87e3-60b3d564aa25

I completely forgot about this, anyone get it? Link isn't working for me and searching on PS4, it says I can get a free trial for 7 days and then it will be 10 euro a month for a year, seems to be down from 15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I completely forgot about this, anyone get it? Link isn't working for me and searching on PS4, it says I can get a free trial for 7 days and then it will be 10 euro a month for a year, seems to be down from 15.

"This offer is only available to users who have previously taken a PlayStation®Now subscription or free trial."

If you haven't used your trial then that's why.

Although, I have used my trial yet I still can't get it.

Wing126 wrote: »
    "This offer is only available to users who have previously taken a PlayStation®Now subscription or free trial."

If you haven't used your trial then that's why.

Although, I have used my trial yet I still can't get it.

Yeah I already had the trial months back. Says to subscribe to trial again (maybe it's my new ps4 has it confuses) but I'm stuck on 'testing Connection'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,345 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

This might be super obvious - but if you have a PS4 game as a disc, is there a way to install the game so the disc doesn't spin? I got Shadow of Mordor yesterday, stuck it in and played for about half an hour. The noise of the disc was a right buzzkill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,592 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

dulpit wrote: »
    This might be super obvious - but if you have a PS4 game as a disc, is there a way to install the game so the disc doesn't spin? I got Shadow of Mordor yesterday, stuck it in and played for about half an hour. The noise of the disc was a right buzzkill.

only the digital version

duploelabs wrote: »
    only the digital version

Sad times.

Had the game fully installed? Im guessing not.

Game are all installed to the HDD,the disc is only for authentication after its fully installed.

When its fully installed the disc will stop spinning after the intial check

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Ye, game not installed fully.

Put it in the system, and leave it along for a while. While games can download and installed while the PS4 is in rest mode, I think disc can only installed while the system is on.

Am I right in saying I don't need to trigger install? It just runs automatically while machine is running?

Am I right in saying I don't need to trigger install? It just runs automatically while machine is running?

Yup,insert the disc and it will just install. Theres usually a point where you can start the game even though its not fully installed. You can play away while it installs the rest in the background.

After that the disc just has to be inserted when playing the game to verify you still own it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm not so sure about the disc stopping spinning after install. I can't recall exactly, but I'm sure the disc was still spinning on Spiderman when I had it.

• Picked up Fist of the North Star, looks awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Kotaku reporting that developers are preparing to incorporate PSN ID name changes.
    As PlayStation users across the world wonder whether they’ll ever get to change their names from (or to) xx_gokusephiroth420_xx, the option now seems closer than ever. Developers of multiplayer games tell Kotaku that they’re preparing for PlayStation Network name changes to finally come soon.

Three people at three different game studios, speaking anonymously because they were not authorized to talk to press, said that in recent months they’ve been fixing bugs, tweaking settings, and ensuring that their games are compatible with Sony’s plans.

A fourth person who worked for a game studio shared a photo, obtained from internal Sony documentation, of a PSN profile containing the option “edit username.” The documentation was a guide for changing one’s name on the PlayStation Network, that person said.

We don’t yet have any sort of timeframe for the feature, and those developers have suggested that as a result of how PSN IDs were originally implemented (linking your account ID to your username rather than some sort of universally unique identifier), retroactively fixing old multiplayer games might be a time-consuming and difficult prospect. Sony did not respond to a request for comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I always wondered why there is such a big demand for this? Did everyone decide to name themselves something like Biggus_Dickus and now regret it or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I always wondered why there is such a big demand for this? Did everyone decide to name themselves something like Biggus_Dickus and now regret it or something?
    I'm sure there are a few, PSN is over 10 years old and a lot can change in that time. Cool at 15 is really embarrassing at 25. I didn't capitalise the first letter in my username and it really bugs me now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

CastorTroy wrote: »

I'd say a lot of people just randomly picked a name as they just wanted to get a PSN ID and get online.

About eight or nine years ago (ish) I abandoned my old username and restarted with my current one as my previous one was a nickname an ex gave me and only she used and I was stuck for a name when I got the PS3 at launch. Nothing embarrassing but hated the reference. Lost my first ever platinum trophy too. Shìt one eh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,131 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'll probably change mine if the option becomes available, but at the same time it's not something I've been clamouring for. But it is a feature that should have been implemented a long time ago. People have been banned for offensive PSN names even when they've had that name for years, simply because they were younger and stupider when picking it, got stuck with it and couldn't change it. the PS I Love You podcast used to have a segment where people would send in their stupid PSN names (or ones they'd seen online) to show why the ability to change names should be brought in.

I can't wat to change mine to Zero-Cool69 :cool:
    I wish there was an option to add a nickname to people on your friends list as people with different usernames across multiple accounts can be very hard to remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I wish there was an option to add a nickname to people on your friends list as people with different usernames across multiple accounts can be very hard to remember.

Yes! I love that feature on Steam!

You'll never have as cool a name as this guy.

You'll never have as cool a name as this guy.

wwwoooooooowwwwwww

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I've deleted someone twice from Psn as I keep forgetting it's his account. :pac: It's hard to keep track when they have different usernames online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I'd love to be able to change my username, although I have no feckin clue what I'd change it to :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Anyone know the best way to go about selling a console? I bought my PS4 Pro 1TB earlier in the year and honestly I haven't even touched it in months. The first time in my life I've regretted buying a games console. I've never sold anything online before so have no idea where to begin. Done Deal maybe, I'm not even sure how that works! What would be a reasonable selling price? I can't remember what I paid for it, I think it was €400 as that's what it seems to be retailing for at Gamestop, Smyths etc. So would selling it at €300 be an unreasonable ask do you think? It's just a standard black 1TB Pro, didn't come as part of a bundle or anything like that.

Just looked at CEX website and they buy it for around €250.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement