Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I turned off messages years ago as I was constantly getting spam messages of all things. At least twice a week I'd get spam off a bot.

Mad how these things happen though, same happened to iPhones last year although it was a hard reset rather than a factory reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

The fact that nobody has been able to replicate this message and theres only a few reports of it happening lead me to believe its just an elaborate troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

scottigael wrote: »
    The fact that nobody has been able to replicate this message and theres only a few reports of it happening lead me to believe its just an elaborate troll.

A friend of mine apparently got

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I have a headset with separate audio and mic plugs that I want to use with my PS4. I can just use one of those adapter/joiner things that converts both into one plug, right? Anyone know where I can get one locally? I need one tomorrow if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

jamescd wrote: »
    I have a headset with separate audio and mic plugs that I want to use with my PS4. I can just use one of those adapter/joiner things that converts both into one plug, right? Anyone know where I can get one locally? I need one tomorrow if possible.

There's 2 standards for the 4 poles (Left, Right, Mic, Ground), apple and then everyone else.

Apple kind of won out as Sony who used to use the other standard (OMTP) now use apples (CTIA) and so do most companies now or they allow both.

Just make sure it says apple somewhere or compatible with Iphone or something like that.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    There's 2 standards for the 4 poles (Left, Right, Mic, Ground), apple and then everyone else.

Apple kind of won out as Sony who used to use the other standard (OMTP) now use apples (CTIA) and so do most companies now or they allow both.

Just make sure it says apple somewhere or compatible with Iphone or something like that.

Something like this then?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-3-5mm-Audio-Headset-Mic-Y-Splitter-Cable-Adapter-TRRS-to-2-TRS-For-PC-Laptops/352408105173?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D52543%26meid%3D1796a8a6b3f44272a63f8dbb7ef7acde%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D173469400001%26itm%3D352408105173&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

It mentions CTIA Standard in the description. I'm looking to pick one up in a shop here though. Would prefer not to have to wait a few days for delivery. You know anywhere that might have one?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

It was 100% true but an update that was put out today should have fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There was an update on their side, I don't think there was a PS4 update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Bloodborne GOTY down to 17.99, happy days. My fledgling PS4 backlog is growing nicely :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Anybody else get 3 months free of Netflix for being a loyal PS Plus member? Seems too good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nope. Always see offers like that on Reddit but it's always America only.

I don't know if it's legit though, will check this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

That offer has been going around for a few people on reddit, so I'm pretty sure it's legit.

I never get anything like this :(

Wing126 wrote: »
    That offer has been going around for a few people on reddit, so I'm pretty sure it's legit.

I never get anything like this :(

Will confirm this evening, pretty sound of them if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Benzino wrote: »
    Anybody else get 3 months free of Netflix for being a loyal PS Plus member? Seems too good to be true.

Does the offer say its for loyal members?

A month or so ago I remember them doing this for random customers, or at least that's what the live support chat told me

Does the offer say its for loyal members?

A month or so ago I remember them doing this for random customers, or at least that's what the live support chat told me

It does yeah.
    To thank you for being a loyal PlayStation®Plus member, here's a gift from us to keep you entertained when you're not playing games online.

Enjoy 3 months of streaming the biggest and best TV shows and movies at no extra cost. And don't worry – you can redeem this code even if you're already a Netflix member. Don't miss out.

It does yeah.

Was just onto live chat there, and was told

"Okay so it seems that the offer is being sent in batches to customers as to not crash the system with everyone redeeming codes at once. So please be patient you should receive a promotional e-mail at some point in the near future "

Can't say I believe him tbh but would be nice

Will confirm this evening, pretty sound of them if it is.

Yup it worked, thanks Sony!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

Got the email today already have a Netflix account so code put 32 euro credit on. Happy days !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

My first gen PS4 is starting to sound like a fighter jet now. Hang in there sweet prince! Only about 5 more games left to play!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Pac1Man wrote: »
    My first gen PS4 is starting to sound like a fighter jet now. Hang in there sweet prince! Only about 5 more games left to play!

If you google how to clean it out might be handy! Get a can of compressed aim though! Under no circumstances should you use a hover!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

So is this netflix offer legit? I clicked on the link and it took me to a page starting with pages.s4.exacttarget.com/...other stuff.... No security cert or anything, no way was I putting my email in that.

No netflix offer for me yet, just a standard ps store update from them for me today

Jealous of ye all

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I got that offer about three months ago.

Totally legit, adds credit to your Netflix account. Expired last week though for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Totally legit, adds credit to your Netflix account. Expired last week though for me!

I wonder would 10 minute mail work for this? I cant help but feel I'm signing up for more spam :D Im pretty sure the redeem link has my email or a token of some sort embedded anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Pac1Man wrote: »

I hear ya. I got rid of my day 1 PS4 there recently with the GameStop PS4 pro offer.

It always sounded like jet engine. Seriously loud.
    By the end I was just hoping it didn’t catch fire. Scary stuff.

The pro is whisper quiet in comparison.

Last time this was on I wasn't eligible so wasn't really expecting to get it. Decided to check my inbox anyway and the ever elusive email is there. Clicked on the link and redeemed fine. Free netflix until January :D

I wonder would 10 minute mail work for this? I cant help but feel I'm signing up for more spam :D Im pretty sure the redeem link has my email or a token of some sort embedded anyway.

You need to enter the email for your PS Plus account. Otherwise it won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Any support avenue you can get on to about the Netflix deal? Been with PS+ plus for years and have never got a thing from them.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Any support avenue you can get on to about the Netflix deal? Been with PS+ plus for years and have never got a thing from them.

Just google psn live chat and follow through until you get to the option to live chat, thats what i done i cant remember the exact steps but it was easy enough found

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement