Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

I received the 3 months of Netflix offer today. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

According to the live chat support, everyone with an active ps+ subscription will receive this, but it's just a matter of waiting.

I'm not so sure I believe him but will wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

jamescd wrote: »
    Last time this was on I wasn't eligible so wasn't really expecting to get it. Decided to check my inbox anyway and the ever elusive email is there. Clicked on the link and redeemed fine. Free netflix until January :D

You need to enter the email for your PS Plus account. Otherwise it won't work.

Went ahead with my ps+ email and it sent another email with a link that takes you to a netflix page to redeem gift code. Got a little worried when I saw no code at first but when I clicked on the email link a second time it was there populated in the box. Anyway 3 months free viewing, hopefully there isn't too much spam as pay back ;-).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Niska

I was the same (re: 3 months Netflix) - wasn't sure if the mail was genuine or not.
    But after I entered my psn related email, I got a 3 month netflix voucher which applied correctly.

For reference, the email was from PlayStation@eu.playstationmail.net and the link redirected to http://pages.s4.exacttarget.com/randomletters&symbols

(The fact the redirect does not have a cert nor https, is not the most confidence inducing. As all they were looking for was my email, which they needed to send the email in the first place, I felt the risk was low).

See Days Gone release date has been pushed out a couple of months:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-10-19-playstation-4-exclusive-days-gone-delayed

• Advertisement

• See Days Gone release date has been pushed out a couple of months:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-10-19-playstation-4-exclusive-days-gone-delayed

Think it makes sense. February / March are crazy packed with big releases.
    No point in throwing a new IP in the middle of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Wing126 wrote: »
    According to the live chat support, everyone with an active ps+ subscription will receive this, but it's just a matter of waiting.

I'm not so sure I believe him but will wait and see!

I was just onto Live Chat just now and they said it’s not eligible to everyone and was told this “This campaign is only targeting a specific number of consumers selected using various criteria”

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I was just onto Live Chat just now and they said it’s not eligible to everyone and was told this “This campaign is only targeting a specific number of consumers selected using various criteria”

Yeah, I was thinking it was too good to be true. I have a saved chat record and a screenshot of the rep saying this to me though.

Wonder what these criteria are.

Left hand doesn't know what the right is doing at Sony support :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anyone have a link to the chat page? The one I get keeps reloading when I press "Request chat now" button.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to the chat page? The one I get keeps reloading when I press "Request chat now" button.

Try this -

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/get-help/#!/subject/5567112/ - Scroll to the bottom.

If that doesn't work, go here - https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/get-help/#!/ - Select PS4 Help, then Playstation Plus, Playstation plus information and scroll to the bottom again.

Although don't expect much. After I saw that comment, I went back on to ask why I was told everybody is getting this promotion when it's not the case and I was told - "When you chatted with us yesterday, we had not yet received full terms and conditions. I understand your frustration, but there is not much we can do to help you."

I wonder what everyone in this thread who received this deal has in common that I don't, cause I never receive any of these promotions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Wing126 wrote: »

I wonder what everyone in this thread who received this deal has in common that I don't, cause I never receive any of these promotions.

Same. I’m even signed up to receive promotional emails from Sony and I never do, when I asked this earlier in the live chat I was told just because I am signed up doesn’t mean I’ll receive any? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I got the offer three months ago so maybe its just different users at different times?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I got the offer three months ago so maybe its just different users at different times?

I think you got something different, I got "free" netflix a few months ago too, had to buy PS+ for it though.

These guys are on about no-strings attached free netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone else get the $10 free spend on their us account to celebrate 2 yrs VR?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

F1ngers wrote: »
    I think you got something different, I got "free" netflix a few months ago too, had to buy PS+ for it though.

These guys are on about no-strings attached free netflix.

I don't see anybody talking about no-strings attached free netflix :confused: As far I can see, everyone here is talking about the free 3 months Netflix for PS Plus subscribers. Some PS Plus subscribers were lucky to get it, some were not. I didn't get it 3 months ago, but thankfully I got it this time round.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

jamescd wrote: »
    I don't see anybody talking about no-strings attached free netflix :confused: As far I can see, everyone here is talking about the free 3 months Netflix for PS Plus subscribers. Some PS Plus subscribers were lucky to get it, some were not. I didn't get it 3 months ago, but thankfully I got it this time round.

So you had to buy a PS+ subscription?
    I didn't realise that.

I thought they were just giving it to PS+ subscribers.

My bad, I misunderstood.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

F1ngers wrote: »
    So you had to buy a PS+ subscription?
    I didn't realise that.

I thought they were just giving it to PS+ subscribers.

My bad, I misunderstood.

That's not the case for me, I haven't touched my PS+ sub in 2 years or so (brought a few when going cheap in Argos) and I got the free Netflix code.

It's for loyal members of PS+, you don't need to purchase anything other than having an active PS+ sub (I assume, it doesn't actually specify the criteria needed).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I renewed PS plus last month and got the 3 months Netflix. Then earlier this week I got email from Sony for another 3 months Netflix. So I now have Netflix for 6 months! Current offer does NOT need you to purchase new PS plus sub, just need to be lucky enough to receive the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

JimBurnley wrote: »
    I renewed PS plus last month and got the 3 months Netflix. Then earlier this week I got email from Sony for another 3 months Netflix. So I now have Netflix for 6 months! Current offer does NOT need you to purchase new PS plus sub, just need to be lucky enough to receive the email.

Oh wow you were lucky! Meanwhile I renewed my PS plus for a year 1 week before that 3 month Netflix offer and wasn't selected for this 3 month Netflix either. Can't win em all!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

For those thinking of changing their online ID

gkgk8k3ul3u11.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

gkgk8k3ul3u11.jpg
    Jaysus, guess I'll be leaving it as it is so :ermm:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

gkgk8k3ul3u11.jpg

Supposed to not really have affected anyone it's just a warning if it does...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Fieldog wrote: »
    Supposed to not really have affected anyone it's just a warning if it does...

It's any game released before April 2018 that could be affected

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Wow, that's risky as hell.

I wouldn't bother unless you have an awful PSN ID.

Wow, that's risky as hell.

I wouldn't bother unless you have an awful PSN ID.

They've also confirmed that the most popular online games will support it too.
    This feature is compatible with PS4 games originally published after April 1, 2018, and a large majority of the most-played PS4 games that were released before this date.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/10/10/psn-online-id-change-feature-entering-playstation-preview-program-soon/

This beta program will find any majorly popular games that don't work and flag them before it comes out fully i'd say.

I'd say it's not too much to worry about, but at least the beta is in effect to catch stuff like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Cant access any of the fun sites in work but those anyone know of the cheapest or best potential PS4/PS4 Pro swap deals around off the top of their heads?

I've a day one PS4 but wouldn't mind upgrading to the Pro for RDR2.

I know, I probably should have bought a RDR2/PS4 Pro bundle but that ship has sailed. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

GameStop have one where you trade in any PS4 and 2 select games from the list on their site and get the PS4 Pro for 190
    Edit: Also comes with RDR2

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'll have to check the list later on.

I'd nearly take the hit and get another copy of RDR2 and just trade in if I get the Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

GavRedKing wrote: »

I'd nearly take the hit and get another copy of RDR2 and just trade in if I get the Pro.

ill give ya €35 for a physical copy :pac:

all joking aside think CEX are giving €48 for trade in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

GavRedKing wrote: »

You'll need to give two games with your PS4. Give in you copy of RDR2 and another from the list. You'll just get the Pro and RDR straight back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement