Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Anyone have a link to the games list handy. :o

https://www.gamestop.ie/%E2%82%AC1-Trade-Offer
    Same list as the trade 2 games get a preorder for €1 offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

https://www.gamestop.ie/%E2%82%AC1-Trade-Offer
    Same list as the trade 2 games get a preorder for €1 offer.

Great offer that. Got my copy of RDR2 for €40. Ordered 2 brand new games on Amazon for €39 that are on the list and paid €1 at the till.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Picked up that PS pro offer myself there on Saturday. Was considering the upgrade for a while anyways.... RDR2 on PS Pro pushed me over! Sold off the spare copy for €50 so that covered 75% of the purchase of trade-in games.

I think they were telling me it’d be €350 for PS pro with the trade-in PS4 that I gave them. With the offer, it came to €225 all in with purchase of trade-in games + €50 for RDR2. The trade-in lists aren’t as good as they used to be, but 7 days to die and pure farming 18 seem to be relatively easy and cheap-ish to pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Anybody here ever get a new external hard drive to replace their old external hard drive.

Is it just a case of copy n pasting the old to new?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Anybody here ever get a new external hard drive to replace their old external hard drive.

Is it just a case of copy n pasting the old to new?

Unfortunately not. If you've been using it as extended storage (not a back up, but to install games on and play from there), then you gotta install each game back to the PS4 and then on to the new hard drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Wing126 wrote: »
    Unfortunately not. If you've been using it as extended storage (not a back up, but to install games on and play from there), then you gotta install each game back to the PS4 and then on to the new hard drive.

Ah for feck sake. I've a 1tb connected that's nearly full on a 500gb ps4 that's nearly full.

I was about to buy a 4tb to be comfortable with space.

Looks like I'll have to delete all the backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Ah for feck sake. I've a 1tb connected that's nearly full on a 500gb ps4 that's nearly full.

I was about to buy a 4tb to be comfortable with space.

Looks like I'll have to delete all the backlog.

Copy everything off the PS4 to the new HDD, and then fill the PS4 up again from the old HDD and repeat.

You've to copy 500GB of data 4 times, which is a paint but it's still better than deleting and having to download the again and again to the limited space.

Also you could just use both HDD (not at the same time), go back to the good old days of trying to keep track of what memory car had what save games on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lads is it possible to change username on the ps4?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Supposedly it's on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Beta soon I think, where you can change it as much as you like. When it goes live you can change it once for free and pay thereafter. Knowing Sony people will change their name in the beta lose access to their accounts and it won't be fixed.

jamescd wrote: »
    Great offer that. Got my copy of RDR2 for €40. Ordered 2 brand new games on Amazon for €39 that are on the list and paid €1 at the till.

May I ask which two games please? Bit of a noob.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

jamescd wrote: »

I'm the only Noob around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Posted this on the bargains thread last week ...

Used this deal to get RDR2 for around 40euro. Monster Energy Supercross 20eur in Smyth's, Resident Evil Origins 17sterling on Amazon UK

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got a weird error.

Tried to start Red dead and Ps4 told me I didn't have enough free space to do so. Had about 40GB free, but said to delete another ~250MB.

Moving the game to external HDD to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Varik wrote: »
    Got a weird error.

Tried to start Red dead and Ps4 told me I didn't have enough free space to do so. Had about 40GB free, but said to delete another ~250MB.

Moving the game to external HDD to see.

Is it trying to do an update?

How big are the save files?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Great to see PoE coming to the PS4, in its current state it is a far better game than Diablo 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Saw these on YouTube, something different for themes. Also only available on US and Canadian stores

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Xenji wrote: »
    Great to see PoE coming to the PS4, in its current state it is a far better game than Diablo 3.

Have been pining for a good ARPG for awhile on console.

Was tempted by the new Warhammer but now ill just be waiting for PoE.

The other game id love to see on console is Grim Dawn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Is there a way to find out what date of birth is registered on a sub account. I made them for my sons years ago, exaggerated their ages by a few years but not sure exactly how many! One wants to play DC universe online but PSN won't let him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is fortnite just a load of nonsense or do I not get it?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

EoinHef wrote:
    Was tempted by the new Warhammer but now ill just be waiting for PoE.

Not great I'm afraid, I love warhammer so I'm looking past alot of faults... A lot.

Sound often dosent load, then after a few minutes everything you've killed up to then just sounds off at once.

Npcs voice lines often don't play, and alot of crashes happen, the Ui especially crafting and inventory is fairly counter intuitive, the maps all look the exact same there's about 4 variants.

The story is enjoyable though if you like warhammer in general.

My analogy would be that diablo is made by Harvard and yale,
    Where as warhammer is done by carlow IT in conjuction with the local transition year students.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Is fortnite just a load of nonsense or do I not get it?

if you can't execute that shuffle dance irl perfectly it's probably lost on you. I tried it a few times, if it didn't have the building mechanic I still wouldn't like it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,808 ✭✭✭✭Penn

In case Fortnite isn't floating your boat, PUBG coming to PS4 on December 7th

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/1062375705563090944

I haven't been following it at all, but is the game actually finished at this stage? Last I paid any attention to it I thought it was still in early access or preview or whatever on Steam and Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I thought that was a free game, must be confusing it with FortniteCouldn't stand that, too cartoony, so was looking forward to this but I hear it's buggy ****e. Hopefully we'll get a beta test to try it out. 30 quid for a 1 mode game might be a stretch for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Was early access on PC and Xbox. Bluehole(Dev)stated Sony didnt have early access so they just did that on Xbox and PC.

Looks to me like MS bought exclusivity for a year though and they just spouted excuses.

I much prefered it over Fortnite but even though its been around awhile it still doent run great on PC. Network issues are a problem for the community.

I fear it may be too late for PUBG on PS.

Although blackout in COD BO 4 is a more basic game than PUBG it runs really well and will be very stiff competition for PUBG.

If they can get the networking and performance right though on PS it would be my prefered BR game. Thats a big IF though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I payed for it on Steam but I don't think i'll be double dipping after seeing how bad it performs on the XBox.
    It's a game that demands a hefty CPU and this gen of consoles are not cut out for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,808 ✭✭✭✭Penn

EoinHef wrote: »
    I fear it may be too late for PUBG on PS.

I think so too. I'm sure it'll get a good enough start but younger people have moved on to Fortnite and older ones have moved on to other games with battle royale modes, like Black Ops 4 and the new Battlefield. I don't think PUBG, even if it's fairly stable, will be able to pull enough of an audience to it now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement