Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Been getting an issue on my Pro lately where a black screen pops up for a few seconds during a game and all visuals and sound are lost. Pops back fine again afterwards. Similar effect to if a cable was disconnected for a few seconds and plugged back in again.

Anyone else experience similar or know if it's maybe a setting thing or something I should he concerned about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

skerry wrote: »
    Been getting an issue on my Pro lately where a black screen pops up for a few seconds during a game and all visuals and sound are lost. Pops back fine again afterwards. Similar effect to if a cable was disconnected for a few seconds and plugged back in again.

Anyone else experience similar or know if it's maybe a setting thing or something I should he concerned about.

I had a problem like that before with my PS3. Changed the HDMI cable and didn't have any more issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

skerry wrote: »

I too am experiencing something similar, but I put it down to a change in video format going to the TV. Like the PS4 enables HDR based off the game and the TV adjusts to compensate.

It only seems to happen mine at first start up of a game, its not something that I see as worrying, just more of a nuisance.

Edit.... Seems either replacing the HDMI cable like kunst_nugget above mentions or
    Change your video output settings on your ps4 from Auto to YUV420. This forces the PS4 to stick to the same output method, which prevents it from having to redo the HDMI handshake.

may solve the problem, will try the YUV240 option myself later to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Is fortnite just a load of nonsense or do I not get it?

I can't stand the building part of it. Try H1Z1, but tbh, I find myself running around for 10 minutes, finally finding some action and getting killed. Find new game and repeat.
    I'm holding out for battlefield 5 for my online FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

DrZeuss wrote: »
    I too am experiencing something similar, but I put it down to a change in video format going to the TV. Like the PS4 enables HDR based off the game and the TV adjusts to compensate.

It only seems to happen mine at first start up of a game, its not something that I see as worrying, just more of a nuisance.

Edit.... Seems either replacing the HDMI cable like kunst_nugget above mentions or

may solve the problem, will try the YUV240 option myself later to see.

Sound, will try both those options. Similar to yourself, more of a nuisance than anything else. Generally OK, but happened during a boss fight in God of War the other night which wasn't ideal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Does anyone have one of the PS Pro models that comes with the Red Dead Redemption 2 bundle? I've heard it runs quieter but wanted to hear if anyone here had noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Does anyone have one of the PS Pro models that comes with the Red Dead Redemption 2 bundle? I've heard it runs quieter but wanted to hear if anyone here had noticed.

Digital Foundry did a review of the new model with a comparison to previous Pro iterations.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

30946310447_fd99127d7d_h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://youtu.be/i4IoRWSAuS0

Hadn't seen anyone else mention this yet but that is a seriously nice controller!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

TitianGerm wrote: »

Hadn't seen anyone else mention this yet but that is a seriously nice controller!!

Fixed it for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

It sure is. I'm gonna try and get my hands on one next year.

Nice to have an Xbox style controller on PS4. Much better.

Wow, well this is a shocker. Playstation are not doing E3 next year :eek:

https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/11/15/sony-interactive-entertainment-is-not-attending-e3-in-2019

I don't think they have much to show. All the games at E3 looked more like next gen titles so they are probably chained to the launch of the PS5 whenever that is.

PlayStation cancelled their own show PSX only weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

strange one wonder what's behind it?
    It seems to be losing importance but not going has to hurt Sony too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

The old chestnut that you get nothing out of them shows but just have to go because everyone else is there.

Same with us in work and the trade shows we do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Might see about getting a PS4 bundle with Spiderman and RDR2 over the Black Friday sales. The wife is in the states, so i can probably pick one up nice and cheap. Is there much point in getting a Pro without a 4K tv? Do games like the above look any better on a 1080p screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Really tempted to get a VR headset but I just know that I won't get the value out of it -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Kiith wrote: »
    Might see about getting a PS4 bundle with Spiderman and RDR2 over the Black Friday sales. The wife is in the states, so i can probably pick one up nice and cheap. Is there much point in getting a Pro without a 4K tv? Do games like the above look any better on a 1080p screen?

This comes up all the time and is a bit subjective. To get the most out of a Pro you need a decent TV. A standard PS4 will do the trick but if you don't mind paying a few extra quid the pro is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,806 ✭✭✭✭Penn

gimli2112 wrote: »
    strange one wonder what's behind it?
    It seems to be losing importance but not going has to hurt Sony too.

I'd say if anything, their conference this year harmed them more than not going at all. I enjoyed what they showed but they had to pad the show out too much.

Speculation is that we've already seen most of the big PS exclusives coming to PS4 and they'll just reveal trailers for those games at other shows, but that they have nothing substantial for E3 2019 because the PS5 is most likely going to be announced early 2020 for release late 2020.

I saw something on one of the US websites during the week where they are doing the PS4 and PSVR bundle for $200. Can't remember what site it was though :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Best i've seen so far is the 1tb slim and Spiderman for $200, which is pretty damn good value. Haven't seen any PSVR ones that beat that anyway.

Best i've seen so far is the 1tb slim and Spiderman for $200, which is pretty damn good value. Haven't seen any PSVR ones that beat that anyway.

Your right. It was Walmart I saw, it was $199 for the PS4 with Spiderman and $199 for the PSVR. For some reason I thought it was in one bundle for $199

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

ERG89 wrote: »
    Really tempted to get a VR headset but I just know that I won't get the value out of it -_-

shhhhhhhhhhhh, i'm trying to convince the wife to get me this for christmas even though i'm in the same boat as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Penn wrote: »
    I'd say if anything, their conference this year harmed them more than not going at all. I enjoyed what they showed but they had to pad the show out too much.

Speculation is that we've already seen most of the big PS exclusives coming to PS4 and they'll just reveal trailers for those games at other shows, but that they have nothing substantial for E3 2019 because the PS5 is most likely going to be announced early 2020 for release late 2020.

2019 is the 25th anniversary of Playstation, so it seems strange that they wouldn't have some sort of big announcement to go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    2019 is the 25th anniversary of Playstation, so it seems strange that they wouldn't have some sort of big announcement to go with it.

The Tokyo Game Show has been more important to Sony for the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,806 ✭✭✭✭Penn

PaddyBomb wrote: »

Agreed, but if they're aiming for November 2020 release for the PS5, 2019 would be too soon to announce it. Runs the risk of giving Microsoft too much advance notice on how to go a step further.

There will be other shows for them to make announcements at in 2019 anyway, and if we are heading to the end of the PS4 lifecycle, announcements would probably be more centered around a price drop, or huge deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Xenji wrote: »
    The Tokyo Game Show has been more important to Sony for the last few years.

I don't think it has been, what big announcement have they done there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Varik wrote: »
    I don't think it has been, what big announcement have they done there.

You get the big two or 3 game announcements at E3, but in recent years they have announced far more games at the TGS and shown a lot more new footage, they announced the PlayStation classic there as well this year, I know that is not the biggest of deals though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Penn wrote: »
    Agreed, but if they're aiming for November 2020 release for the PS5, 2019 would be too soon to announce it. Runs the risk of giving Microsoft too much advance notice on how to go a step further.

There will be other shows for them to make announcements at in 2019 anyway, and if we are heading to the end of the PS4 lifecycle, announcements would probably be more centered around a price drop, or huge deals.

I'm not even sure what a next-gen console can bring right now, I still think it's too soon for either of them to announce a new console.

They'll definitely have their own show if they're gonna do anything. It can be bit of a power play for them to not do E3. Means that when they do have their own show, they don't share the news headlines with the other brands.

Either that, or they have nothing to announce :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Still only have Spider-man for my PS4, so thinking of picking up a few games in the Black Friday sale. Are any of the GOTY/deluxe editions for big recent titles worth getting?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement