Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options
1313314315316317319»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Still only have Spider-man for my PS4, so thinking of picking up a few games in the Black Friday sale. Are any of the GOTY/deluxe editions for big recent titles worth getting?

Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War are 100% worth picking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

E3 has become less relevant these past few years. These days the we could get huge news on any old day. One of the biggest stories this year came on a random Wednesday when Sony said they'd open up cross platform play. Nintendo post their directs on youtube with very little advance notice, Microsoft make announcements through their social media channels. Yet all the stories from those still blow up and doesn't need to be buried in an hour long trailer filled presentation.

It's been a while since something crazy was shown at E3 without it being leaked a week or month before. If this means the end of "Who won E3?" then thank goodness for that. It's such a silly argument. Sony "won" E3 2015 by showing Final Fantasy 7 remake and a Shenmue kickstarter, and look at those games now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Still only have Spider-man for my PS4, so thinking of picking up a few games in the Black Friday sale. Are any of the GOTY/deluxe editions for big recent titles worth getting?

I wouldn't restrict yourself to recent. TLOU and Bloodborne are two heavyweights.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Wing126 wrote: »
    Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War are 100% worth picking up.
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    I wouldn't restrict yourself to recent. TLOU and Bloodborne are two heavyweights.

Cheers - they're all on the wishlist! So the extra content is worth it with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Cheers - they're all on the wishlist! So the extra content is worth it with them?

TLOU DLC is very different and short. The strength of the game is the story and the DLC is glorious in that regard.

Not sure if BB GOTY edition includes the DLC. I presume it does. Got it free on plus but loved it so much I purchased the DLC. If you like BB (not everyone does) the DLC is essential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

I'm playing through god of war three at the moment and that's a pretty decent game if you want a cheap option and then pick up the new one in a while when your ready to play it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,806 ✭✭✭✭Penn

pcadhain wrote: »
    E3 has become less relevant these past few years. These days the we could get huge news on any old day. One of the biggest stories this year came on a random Wednesday when Sony said they'd open up cross platform play. Nintendo post their directs on youtube with very little advance notice, Microsoft make announcements through their social media channels. Yet all the stories from those still blow up and doesn't need to be buried in an hour long trailer filled presentation.

It's been a while since something crazy was shown at E3 without it being leaked a week or month before. If this means the end of "Who won E3?" then thank goodness for that. It's such a silly argument. Sony "won" E3 2015 by showing Final Fantasy 7 remake and a Shenmue kickstarter, and look at those games now.

Yeah, but E3 is always great for the potential cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Sony probably going to have their own event where they'll announced PS4 Megathread 4.0 as 3.0 seems to be at it's limit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement