Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

What are they going to call the inevitable 2 TB edition in a couple of years? Ultimate players edition super plus amazing edition? Tossers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Cloud storage should be per game.

100MB per game would be alight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

How many people are putting bigger HDD's in their machines ? Doesn't this Super Ultimate edtion seem a bit moot ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

KTR1C wrote: »
    How many people are putting bigger HDD's in their machines ? Doesn't this Super Ultimate edtion seem a bit moot ?

2TB here, many others too I would assume. Made the decision to go 2TB early. I travel a lot and PS Vita remote play was a driver so I decided to go primarily digital downloads for PS4

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Currently trying to set my pc up as media server, so I use it on my ps4 :v

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is it possible too stream from a tablet to ps4 using that the dnla feature ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Not sure about tablet but using Plex server on a PC to stream to the PS4 with no issues.
    Both wired in.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Currently trying to set my pc up as media server, so I use it on my ps4 :v

I'm trying to get the PS4 to access my Mac as a media server, but I'm having no luck at all.

If anyone has any tips or advice as to how to get this set up, I would be forever in your debt :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Have you set up a samba share?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm trying to get the PS4 to access my Mac as a media server, but I'm having no luck at all.

If anyone has any tips or advice as to how to get this set up, I would be forever in your debt :)

Install Plex. That's exactly what I did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

tok9 wrote: »
    Install Plex. That's exactly what I did.

I installed plex, i dont have a pass though.

I read that using the free server through the ps4 media app works, i can see my albums for example in itunes through it but they wont show any songs in the album folders.

Anyone else have this problem?

On your Mac, go to the plex server.

I'm pretty sure there is a "+" symbol around the place. Click that and it asks what you want to add and you can select the folder the content is in.

Once that's done you should be good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I'm pretty sure there is a "+" symbol around the place. Click that and it asks what you want to add and you can select the folder the content is in.

Thanks il give it a try later tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Works like a dream! Was put off Plex because the PS4 app was a subscription service, but this is perfect! Thanks so much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Polly Sonic

Is the frame rate on The Evil Within supposed to be this bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Is the frame rate on The Evil Within supposed to be this bad?

Yes, it's locked around 24-30fps for "that movie feel" as most movies are shot at 24fps. Same reason for the black boarders top and bottom.

Sony kept that one quiet. Not even a mention at E3, hope that's not a bad sign.

Still the beta, the actual game is out later today/tomorrow. It's a waste of a download.

Beta will update to be release version later so download if you can
    Sony kept that one quiet. Not even a mention at E3, hope that's not a bad sign.

Not Sony anymore, Sony sold SOE off.

Yes, it's locked around 24-30fps for "that movie feel" as most movies are shot at 24fps. Same reason for the black boarders top and bottom.

It looks fairly bad :rolleyes:
    Disappointed with the lack of 60fps games overall on the PS4.
    I expected it to be the norm.

• Advertisement

They actually released (or are really soon) a patch which removes the bars.

Bought the game recently along with the Order. I'm going to get into it after I finish Batman.

Planetside2 - Server unavailable - :rolleyes:

Bought the game recently along with the Order. I'm going to get into it after I finish Batman.

The Order has the black bars too.:D.

It looks great but it's very average, it plays very much like Gear of War but with "meatier" feeling weapons. Lots of QTEs though.:mad:

Varik wrote: »
    Not Sony anymore, Sony sold SOE off.

I keep forgetting that, gonna take a bit to sink in.

Planetside2 - Server unavailable - :rolleyes:

The update later will be the release version and allow access to the servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

2tb Hdd arrived today. Man that backup takes a while. 4 hours and counting...

2tb Hdd arrived today. Man that backup takes a while. 4 hours and counting...

At least there is a back-up, when I did it there wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Varik wrote: »
    At least there is a back-up, when I did it there wasn't.

That would have been a pretty quick one then haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone here use Sky Go Extra ? Just wondering if it's worth the €6 a month to get it on the PS4, awful lot handier than connecting the laptop to the telly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Anyone here use Sky Go Extra ? Just wondering if it's worth the €6 a month to get it on the PS4, awful lot handier than connecting the laptop to the telly

Yea it's fantastic. No buffering and great picture quality.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement