Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Planetside 2 is out now a its got a subscription model by the looks of it, quite an expensive one too.
    Are the FTP shooters any good Warframe or Blacklight any good?
    Haven't played an online shooter in years so want to dip my feet in gently & free ain't too costly

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ERG89 wrote: »
    Planetside 2 is out now a its got a subscription model by the looks of it, quite an expensive one too.
    Haven't played an online shooter in years so want to dip my feet in gently & free ain't too costly

You really don't need to sub, and it is a option same as on PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Polly Sonic

Just waited an hour to download the last 200mb of Planetside2 to try and get a shot of it before heading to bed.......... Servers unavailable!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

So, have had an interesting problem. Just wondering if any one here has encountered this problem.

After waiting for the backup to finish, 5-6 hours, I installed the new hdd with no issues. When I went to do the restore the playstation couldnt find any data. I connected the external hdd to my laptop to see what the deal is and it showed up as being empty. Disconnecting and reconnecting the external hdd from/to the laptop for a second and third time resulted in; First, the hdd showing that it has data on it, but when opening it to see it was completely empty. Second, when opening the hdd it showed the folders PS4-->EXPORT-->[Epmty Folder]

When the backup process finished there were no errors of any kind. I figure that i just need to try with another hdd but could it be anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

ERG89 wrote: »

Warframe is good and is the game Destiny should have been in terms of concept and scope. If you download it there are alot of big updates for it too but they do add alot of free content. Warframe has changed and expanded a good deal since it was released on the PS4 at the end of 2013.

Blacklight is very poor and it's FTW model is basically pay to win, I wouldn't recommend it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

2tb Hdd arrived today. Man that backup takes a while. 4 hours and counting...

Which one did you go for? I got the recommended one from Amazon and it came in literally a card board envelope after being shipped from England. It was most likely broken so I wasn't even bothered putting it into my machine. Sent it back but want to order another.

Which one did you go for? I got the recommended one from Amazon and it came in literally a card board envelope after being shipped from England. It was most likely broken so I wasn't even bothered putting it into my machine. Sent it back but want to order another.

This is the one I went for: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/321630687963?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Arrived on time in very good packaging.

Backed up everything again, this time it looks to have worked. Will get back to see the amount of time it'll take

Backed up everything again, this time it looks to have worked. Will get back to see the amount of time it'll take

3 hours for the restore. Really not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Argos are doing the Ps4 Arkham knight standard bundle for 379.99 for anyone whos looking for a Ps4. Picked one up myself today.

• Advertisement

I think the population on console is fine but hardline is dead on PC.

Don't think it's doing too hot on consoles either. It's has been at the €40 price for almost a month now. I think most players have finally seen it for what it is, BF4 DLC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

http://www.techpixar.com/2015/06/ps4-system-is-new-cuh-1200-model-for.html

Man I want that so bad, wish gamestop/symths/HMV would hurry up and open the pre orders.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

cloud493 wrote: »
    http://www.techpixar.com/2015/06/ps4-system-is-new-cuh-1200-model-for.html

Man I want that so bad, wish gamestop/symths/HMV would hurry up and open the pre orders.

I want it too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

E3 for Vagrant Story - that's a no-brainer.
    Great game, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Still have my physical disk - well ahead of it's time.
    It's aged but still great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Anyone play Batman on PS4 yet... is it buggy or anything? Should I hold off?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

.ak wrote: »

Playing fine for me so far anyway but only about 2 hours into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Working fine for me and every review I have read is that the PS4 version runs really well. I think it was the one they sent out for review.

Digital Foundry posted an article on it:

Batman: Arkham Knight on PS4 is a technical tour de force

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Any way of stopping people adding you to group messages?

• Advertisement

Planetside 2 is up now, not going to play as it's late.

If anyone plans to jump on give me a shout.

Another 2GB patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Nope, its perfectly fine. No reason to hold off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Did anyone get a 2 tb hard drive in argos? Bit wary of re ordering from Amazon after the last debacle.

Did anyone get a 2 tb hard drive in argos? Bit wary of re ordering from Amazon after the last debacle.

Any of the ones in Argos have to be dismanteled before you can use it as an internal drive. From your story I take it your ordered from a third party through Amazon and not directly from Amazon themselves.

So long as the drive was in an antistatic bag it was most likely ok regardless if it was in it's box or not as it could have been an OEM drive that never had a retail package in the first place.

You could try Currys for a proper internal HDD, I can't see and 2.5" internal 2TB HDD on their site though.

500 people and a 5 minute queue to get onto the first server on Planetside 2, might have to create a new character on the other one.

Didn't think there would be but Planetside 2 has trophies that you can get without spending anything, didn't think free games could have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Varik wrote: »
    Didn't think there would be but Planetside 2 has trophies that you can get without spending anything, didn't think free games could have them.

Pretty sure Warframe has trophies too and Loadout ...

Pretty sure Warframe has trophies too and Loadout ...

Didn't know that, DC universe required a sub to unlock the trophies thought planetside woudl be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Varik wrote: »
    Didn't know that, DC universe required a sub to unlock the trophies thought planetside woudl be the same.

I would say most of them that don't have like 3 month subs or whatever will include the trophies in the free version... Like Loadout and Warframe you just buy coins or currency... Not sure whether PlanetSide has subscriptions though

• Advertisement

I would say most of them that don't have like 3 month subs or whatever will include the trophies in the free version... Like Loadout and Warframe you just buy coins or currency... Not sure whether PlanetSide has subscriptions though

It does as well as the micro transactions but it really not needed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement